• 1(current)
Alpha Evolve: Apple 4K TV Screensavers [featuring the new Underwater Screensavers]
So I started this when I wanted the new ISS screensavers and have been waiting for the release of the underwater screensavers since there announcement.
With this I am here to share them with you.

Download Here K18: Evolve: Apple 4K TV Screensavers
Download Here K19: Evolve: Apple Screensavers

Enjoy it? Download and install my repository Evolve Ecosystem Repository to stay updated and access to new addons in the future.

How it works:

When you first download and install the screensaver it will default to Streaming 1080HD quality videos from all of the locations that has ever been on the Apple TV.

Available Settings:

• Video Preferences
    • Time of Day: Options are Random/ Day/ Night and Auto in which it will toggle between night and day videos based on the time of day where you live.
    • Video Mode: Steam or Downloaded/Local
    • Streaming Playback Quality: HD or 4K
    • Download New Videos: Defaults to Stream only. Or like the Apple TV you can choose between Daily/Weekly or Monthly.
    • Set Download Location: You will have to set a download location before any new videos can be downloaded. If not set you may receive Errors.
    • Local Playback and Download Video Quality: You can Download HD or 4K Quality videos or even Both if you have the room and want to.
  • Enable Locations
    • Here you can select which video location you would like to see unlike Apple TV if you want to just see the new Underwater Screensaver just toggle all other locations off.
  • General
    • Video Playing: Allow screensaver to be activated on pause screen.
    • Audio Playing: Allow screensaver to stop audio, Allow screensaver to start after the audio item or playlist has finished, or ignore the screensaver while the audio is playing.
    • Download Videos Now: Tired Streaming Video? Tired of waiting for that new screensaver to get added? Here you can download all the videos for each location you have selected in the previous Settings.

Features:

On the start of each location like the Apple TV information about the video your watching will be displayed in the bottom left corner.
As the video plays this information will be updated with points of interest "If available", if not it will fallback to just the name of the location.
Any time the video is playing you can press "Enter" to display the information after it has hidden.
Already seen the location of the screensaver playing want to see a different one. Press the "Arrow Key to the Right" to jump to the next location.
Or do you really like the screensaver that currently playing and want to re-watch after it has changed? Press the "Arrow Key to the Left" to jump to the previous location.
To Exit the Screensaver you will have press "Back" or "Escape".

*Update 10/14

Settings>System>Power Saving>Put display to sleep when idle.

This will now work. Whatever time you have this set to if the screensaver is running it will first pause and attempt to put your monitors/ TV to sleep if it fails the screensaver should resume. If the screensaver
succeeds at putting you monitors to sleep then the videos will stop playing altogether "Including the whatever media you where watching". This will override the option to resume if you had the screen paused.

Final thoughts, Please keep in mind this is beta and you my find a bug or 3. Before you come here and tell me that it is not working for you please get a debug log so I can at least see where the script may have had a Error.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
No 4K option?
(2019-10-01, 07:24)Hitcher Wrote: No 4K option?

Yes on downloaded videos. Would you prefer to Stream 4K? If so I can add it I just never considered it I guess since my internet can't handle it. Heck I am on satellite internet I can barley do 480 sometimes so i download everything myself.
(2019-10-01, 07:24)Hitcher Wrote: No 4K option?
So I just went back and added 4K videos as a option to Streaming. Would you mind testing it for me as i can't stream the 4K videos? It will be later tonight before i can upload the code.
Couldn't see a 4K option for streaming but both streaming and downloading fail. I get a message about the time of day selection, no matter what it is, saying that there are no 'Day time' videos for the locations selected even though they're all enabled.

Log - https://paste.kodi.tv/vomedayeja.kodi
(2019-10-01, 17:49)Hitcher Wrote: Couldn't see a 4K option for streaming but both streaming and downloading fail. I get a message about the time of day selection, no matter what it is, saying that there are no 'Day time' videos for the locations selected even though they're all enabled.

Log - https://paste.kodi.tv/vomedayeja.kodi

Looking at the log and referencing it to the code the reason the "download" is failing for you is because your using a "NFS" and i am guessing the location does not have write permissions or there is a issue with way I am saving the files and remote protocol. Along with that i have discovered another fail point due to the way i use the script i guess i overlooked other users requirements so i will be working on fixing it. As far as streaming the Link that failed for you works for me. I guess just hold off until can get the down loader working better and then we can work on trouble shooting the streaming aspect.
@Hitcher

Alright it took all night but I think I have got it working correctly now. Be sure your on version 1.0.7 I just pushed the update a few minutes ago. I still am not in the position to test out a networked drive so be sure that it is writable and please report back if it does or does not save the videos I would like to know either way.

I have also added the option to switch your streaming videos between 1080 and 4K. I know the 1080 videos work as I have tested those but I do not have the bandwidth to stream the 4K videos, so if you will please report back on this as well.

Look forward to any feedback.
OK, thanks.
Hi,

Black screen when screensaver starts....
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/yHsvtDPJ3p/
(2019-10-04, 10:53)vermope Wrote: Hi,

Black screen when screensaver starts....
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/yHsvtDPJ3p/

Okay so that add-on is working with no errors that I can see. But the error is coming from Plex saying that it can't play a Kodi item. As for the black screen your getting that is intended by design. When the screensaver starts it goes black until the video is ready to play. Since your streaming it will not be a instant playback. Playback will depend on your internet bandwidth. If you done want to wait for the video to load and want to save bandwidth overtime I would suggest using the download feature.

At least try the download feature once and let me know how it works afterwards, keep in mind if you let it auto download it will only download 1 video based on the frequency you have set. So you will only see one video repeatedly until it fetches a new one.
I've managed to use the manual download feature but I just get a black screen still.

Do you want another log?
(2019-10-04, 16:00)Hitcher Wrote: I've managed to use the manual download feature but I just get a black screen still.

Do you want another log?

So are you getting a black screen after the update after download or during streaming? And yes I guess another debug. I personally did a new install just to test everything and it works for me on windows 10 using a local drive when I download. But it streams as well.
Here you go -

https://paste.kodi.tv/sevotuguwa.kodi

First time was using local files and the second was streaming.

EDIT: It looks like it was trying to stream the first time instead of using locals files even though it was set to do so.
i have downloaded all videos to local usb, video mode set to local, time of day set to auto and i get a black screen
Also, what is the My Videos option for?

All I get is this error reported when enabling it -

xml:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: 'My Videos'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/screensaver.evolve.aerial/resources/lib/__init__.py", line 176, in <module>
Start()
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/screensaver.evolve.aerial/resources/lib/__init__.py", line 13, in __init__
self.videolist = self.getPlaylist()
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/screensaver.evolve.aerial/resources/lib/__init__.py", line 37, in getPlaylist
playlist = gV().stream_playlist()
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/screensaver.evolve.aerial/resources/lib/fetcher.py", line 14, in stream_playlist
self.get_videolist()
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/screensaver.evolve.aerial/resources/lib/fetcher.py", line 207, in get_videolist
videos = c.get_video_data(location)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/screensaver.evolve.aerial/resources/lib/common.py", line 145, in get_video_data
get_videos(location)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/screensaver.evolve.aerial/resources/lib/common.py", line 133, in get_videos
for video in aerial_data[location]["videos"]:
KeyError: 'My Videos'
-->End of Python script error report<--
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Evolve: Apple 4K TV Screensavers [featuring the new Underwater Screensavers]2