• 228(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2019-07-18, 17:59)p750mmx Wrote: If I can get the active adapter "above water", I will test that for you.

That would be lovely.

(2019-07-18, 17:59)p750mmx Wrote: For the DP or DP++ presence on a motherboard, I can only go on what is says in the specifications. In my experience, it is almost always a DP1.2 non ++ adapter, the HP is the first device I've got that beholds one.

From my experience, the specifications and labels on the box do often not mention DP++ when there is DP++. The reason why i am saying this is because i believe that the passive CSL adapter i have is the easiest way to figure out if a port is passive or not: If i get any picture it's DP++, else not. And both of the PCs i tested this week, the i5-7500 and the AMD 2400G one did not indicate DP++ on the motherboard shield or documentation, but both worked with the CSL adapter.

So i am assuming that you have so far also only really seen the behaior of passive adapter on DP++ ports. And i think that theory will be proven wrong or right based on your active adapter test ;-)
(2019-07-16, 18:44)Easy4Breezy Wrote: Yes, i have a 1080p 3D TV.
I tested several PCs, cables, Windows versions, PowerDVD updates, Intel drivers and so on.
The only PC it was working was with my Haswell Macbook via Bootcamp and HDMI 1.4.
Everything from Skylake up is not working with PowerDVD for me.

It looks like it skips frames, i don't know how to explain it, it just doesn't look like it does with the Kodi built in player.
And my Pi3 is also doing a great job, but that's also Kodi.

The only thing i didn't test was a new TV, but nowadays it's hard to find those 3D tvs....
I simply can't explain to myself why it's not working with PowerDVD, even their support gave up. 

I had decided to despise PowerDVD a long time ago (primarily because they forced me always to upgrade to the next version), but i tried this week to download and run version 19 to check what i would see, but i miserably failed when it forced me to register an account and my email-address and when i went through all of that it still said the account is not activated, even though i did that, yada yada. So it just reconfirmed my opinion about PowerDVD.

Maybe you want to try https://www.windvdpro.com/en/ - they have 30 day money back guarantee. Thats the one i have been using on my old NVidia windows 7 PC. Haven't gotten to try it on my new windows 10 PCs given how i am still trying to figure out what the best GPU to use (currently i am trending AMD after above experience).

You could always try to give it back even if it works because you where surprised when you discovered it doesn't do HDR ;-) Would give them more incentives to do an update for HDR so that theres a real competition to PowerDVD. I would probably buy that too.
Speaking of the DP -> HDMI adapters- do they support bitstreaming audio/Atmos? Most seem to specify limited audio format support.
(2019-07-20, 10:04)macel Wrote: Speaking of the DP -> HDMI adapters- do they support bitstreaming audio/Atmos? Most seem to specify limited audio format support.

Good question. If you don't need 3D video, then maybe you can also investigate a broader range of DP->HDMI option for the audio part.
I can not test the higher performnce audio options as i do not yet have a fitting AVR.
(2019-07-18, 20:04)te36 Wrote:
(2019-07-16, 18:44)Easy4Breezy Wrote: Yes, i have a 1080p 3D TV.
I tested several PCs, cables, Windows versions, PowerDVD updates, Intel drivers and so on.
The only PC it was working was with my Haswell Macbook via Bootcamp and HDMI 1.4.
Everything from Skylake up is not working with PowerDVD for me.

It looks like it skips frames, i don't know how to explain it, it just doesn't look like it does with the Kodi built in player.
And my Pi3 is also doing a great job, but that's also Kodi.

The only thing i didn't test was a new TV, but nowadays it's hard to find those 3D tvs....
I simply can't explain to myself why it's not working with PowerDVD, even their support gave up. 

I had decided to despise PowerDVD a long time ago (primarily because they forced me always to upgrade to the next version), but i tried this week to download and run version 19 to check what i would see, but i miserably failed when it forced me to register an account and my email-address and when i went through all of that it still said the account is not activated, even though i did that, yada yada. So it just reconfirmed my opinion about PowerDVD.

Maybe you want to try https://www.windvdpro.com/en/ - they have 30 day money back guarantee. Thats the one i have been using on my old NVidia windows 7 PC. Haven't gotten to try it on my new windows 10 PCs given how i am still trying to figure out what the best GPU to use (currently i am trending AMD after above experience).

You could always try to give it back even if it works because you where surprised when you discovered it doesn't do HDR ;-) Would give them more incentives to do an update for HDR so that theres a real competition to PowerDVD. I would probably buy that too. 

I finally bought a Zidoo Z9S and i think i found the perfect device for 3D.
After struggling for so long i have given up for now, yesterday my 3D wasn't even working within Kodi.

Ambilight is also working with the Zidoo because of the AV output.
The only thing missing is the menus when i start the movies within Kodi and the XBMCWrapper.
But i can always start them via the file manager if needed.

Maybe in the future i will install everything completely fresh (the 100th time) and try to fix it, but for now i'm happy with the Z9S.
TV: LG OLED 910V [1080p/passive 3D] [HDMI 1.4]
HTPC: Shuttle DH270 w Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 & Windows 10 x64 Education 1703 [1920x1080/60Hz]
AV: Yamaha RX-477 w 5.1 Canton setup [HD-audio passthrough] [HDMI 1.4]
Kodi: 20171208-6c414ad-msdk_mvc_wip-x86 [1920x1080/60Hz] MVC3D
You can use ZDMC 18, based on Kodi 18, available in Zidoo forum.
(2019-07-22, 21:21)hdmkv Wrote: You can use ZDMC 18, based on Kodi 18, available in Zidoo forum.

Yes i know, thanks!
But i prefer the standard Kodi. I also use the XBMC Wrapper to start the native video player with it, i think that works best for me.
I can also use all the Kodi skins then.
TV: LG OLED 910V [1080p/passive 3D] [HDMI 1.4]
HTPC: Shuttle DH270 w Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 & Windows 10 x64 Education 1703 [1920x1080/60Hz]
AV: Yamaha RX-477 w 5.1 Canton setup [HD-audio passthrough] [HDMI 1.4]
Kodi: 20171208-6c414ad-msdk_mvc_wip-x86 [1920x1080/60Hz] MVC3D
(2019-07-22, 21:21)hdmkv Wrote: You can use ZDMC 18, based on Kodi 18, available in Zidoo forum.

Hi ,
I have RPI 3B+ , 
I need to choose here : https://libreelec.tv/downloads_new/
on the app ToolKit to download version to : " Rasberry PI 2 and 3 " ? 

Another question,
If I  will update to the last LibreELEC version : 
"LibreELEC-RPI2.arm-9.0.0.img.hz" 

Does it  support 3D MVC ISO Full like Kyptopn 17 kodi ?

On the newest version they add Blueray Menus to 3D ISO ? 

Thanks for help .
Finally got around getting the 3D MVC builds from this thread installed and running on a new AMD Ryzen system. Happy now with result! 
Maybe this system will turn out to be easier to support kodi not only for FullHD3D, but also 4k, but i have no 4k display yet.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G (CPU based graphics)
Motherboard: MSI B450i
Memory: 16Byte
Windows: 10 Pro 1803
Radeon Software Version: 19.7.2

Update: now updated to windows 10 pro 1903, after update, 3d was not working. had to completely uninstall display driver and reinstall, then 3D worked again. thanks microsoft.

HDMI 1.4a Frame Packed FullHD 3D works ("Hardware Based" in Kodi):

Via Motherboard HDMI output connected to AVR and 3D capable FullHD projector. Resolution shown in Windows Display Setting: "1920 x 1080 (Recommended, 3D)". Tested not only with MVC build, but also with standard Kodi 17.6 and 18.2/18.3/18.4.  Aka: This works independent of whether MVC is set up to work or not.

MVC Decoding: Using Kodi 18.2 MVC 3D build from post 1 of this thread because it is better  with BD menus than 17.6.

MVC software decoder:
    Must put a working version of libmfxsw64.dll into kodi directory or into windows directory: \\Windows\system32
    Version 4.13.6.21 seems to old (no MVC supported there ?!)
    Versions 6.14.11.24 seems to work fine
    Version 7.16.5.15 seems to work fine, found e.g. here:
      https://mpc-be.org/Intel_MSDK/Old/
    Version 8.18.6.8 seems to be broken, results somtimes in flickering/jumpy MVC decode. (found also on mpc-be.org).

Note: For the 17.6 MVC build, you need to install libmfxsw32.dll into either the kodi 17.6 directory or into \\Windows\SysWOW64. The version in the first post of this thread is 7.15.10.28, 7.16.5.15 works also fine.
Anyone having issues with Windows 10 updating the Intel video driver despite doing all things suggested to prevent this? It's getting frustrating.
Dear wonderful people who created this build. 
You are great! I stumbled on this quite by accident after trying every other solution known to man including moving away from windows and giving Linux a try.

I think this project is fantastic and it worked for me 1st time. I use an Nvidia card, the mvc playback quality is perfect, and its in kodi!! no external players!
And the TrueHD ATMOS audio! 

Whoever contributed to this project, THANK YOU!

You Rock! You are AWESOME!!!

The past months of aggravation in finding a solution have faded away in an instant! 
We need to shout about this project more! You guys are brilliant!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Please let me know if i can support you in any way.

Victor
(2019-09-27, 09:18)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Anyone having issues with Windows 10 updating the Intel video driver despite doing all things suggested to prevent this? It's getting frustrating.

I don't know if it helps, but after the nth time of windows updates making my life miserable, i managed to disable them via the registry (regedit).
(2019-10-01, 21:53)victorbb Wrote:
(2019-09-27, 09:18)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Anyone having issues with Windows 10 updating the Intel video driver despite doing all things suggested to prevent this? It's getting frustrating.

I don't know if it helps, but after the nth time of windows updates making my life miserable, i managed to disable them via the registry (regedit). 
I've set the settings to not update hardware drivers, I've created a registry entry to not update the hardware drivers. Nothing seems to take now. I'ts frustrating. I'm using Home so I can't do anything with Group Policy. 

I'm trying some app that is recommended by Windows but I've not had much time to work in it of late.
(2019-09-18, 15:09)te36 Wrote: Finally got around getting the 3D MVC builds from this thread installed and running on a new AMD Ryzen system. Happy now with result! 
Maybe this system will turn out to be easier to support kodi not only for FullHD3D, but also 4k, but i have no 4k display yet.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G (CPU based graphics)
Motherboard: MSI B450i
Memory: 16Byte
Windows: 10 Pro 1803
Radeon Software Version: 19.7.2

Did you have to change anything in the drivers? I have the same CPU, only I have an ASRock MB, and I am not having much luck with my 3D TV (Vizio M601d-A3R) switching to 3D. It keeps trying to make my MVC's play HT/B. I have cloned my Kodi to a BeeLink AP34, and that one works just fine, as frame packed 3D.
Still cant get Windows to stop updating the Intel Video driver every single night. I can't find any other info on how to prevent this and of course Microsoft is no help.

Anyone else stuck in this infinite loop?
  • 228(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10