• 37(current)
Release Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
(2019-08-08, 17:49)monisriz Wrote: For example if a movie already has the nfo file in place (either through a previous kodi scrape/export or generated by a media manager), does Kodi generate an updated nfo file replacing this existing one and in the process updates things that have changed from the previous nfo e.g. IMDB250 and ratings?
You will be given a choice - Overwrite old files? which will allow you to export all nfo files or only nfo files that do not already exist. Same for artwork, but you should not export artwork if you have local artwork, as the exported artwork has been modified.

See here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yea I read about the cached artwork replacing the existing files. Would be a disaster to see all the countless hours worth of work editing posters and fanart in Photoshop go to waste.

Will create a test video source and work on that until I’m confident switching the workflow would be worth it going forward.

Thanks again!
Hi @axlt2002 I believe I found a bug. Here are the relevant logs: https://pastebin.com/5FjUGxv2

The issue is resources/core/update_main.py:104. In this line, you create a new thread to parse an IMDB page, and you pass in the progress variable, which is only set earlier in the function (lines 84-86) if showProgress is set to true. In my case it isn't set to true, so I see the error in the linked logs. In looking at your code, it seems like downstream, progress is only referenced when showProgress is set to true, so setting progress = None at the beginning of doUpdate in update_main should eliminate the error.

EDIT: Formatting and language
(2019-10-09, 03:11)Raman325 Wrote: Hi @axlt2002 I believe I found a bug. Here are the relevant logs: https://pastebin.com/5FjUGxv2

The issue is resources/core/update_main.py:104. In this line, you create a new thread to parse an IMDB page, and you pass in the progress variable, which is only set earlier in the function (lines 84-86) if showProgress is set to true. In my case it isn't set to true, so I see the error in the linked logs. In looking at your code, it seems like downstream, progress is only referenced when showProgress is set to true, so setting progress = None at the beginning of doUpdate in update_main should eliminate the error.

@Raman325, thanks a lot for reporting this issue (it was reported also in some past posts). Just for confirmation: are you using version 4.0.0 and running the add-on manually from the home screen right?

I guess your proposal should work. I'm going to fix the issue today...

Have a great day!

Alex
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2019-10-10, 08:48)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2019-10-09, 03:11)Raman325 Wrote: Hi @axlt2002 I believe I found a bug. Here are the relevant logs: https://pastebin.com/5FjUGxv2

@Raman325, thanks a lot for reporting this issue (it was reported also in some past posts). Just for confirmation: are you using version 4.0.0 and running the add-on manually from the home screen right?

Have a great day!

Alex 
Yes using version 4.0.0. I have to check when I get home but I believe I have the add-on set to run on startup which is why I chose to hide the progress in the settings.

And re: my fix, it's a hack but if it gets the job done...  Blush
(2019-10-10, 21:08)Raman325 Wrote:
(2019-10-10, 08:48)axlt2002 Wrote:

Have a great day!

Alex  
Yes using version 4.0.0. I have to check when I get home but I believe I have the add-on set to run on startup which is why I chose to hide the progress in the settings.

And re: my fix, it's a hack but if it gets the job done...  Blush 
Also looks like this needs to be added to doUpdateTVShows() as well
Hello world,

Just to notify the release of version 4.0.1. The minimal changelog is the following (thanks to @Raman325):

v4.0.1 (2019-10-15)
  • Fixed bug in show progress

Have a great day!

Alex
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
Hello @axlt2002

I think I have found a bug in v3.5.1 when updating the rating for a movie from the context menu

As an example, the following movie has this existing rating of 8.0 with 355,608 votes.

If I am in the movie listing, and use the context menu to update ratings, what I am shown is correct

But, if the movie is part of a Collection, and I am viewing the movie in Sets and try to update the rating, I have a completely different rating. It is the same rating for every movie in the set. If I go to another Set, I get a different rating, and every movie in that set has the same incorrect rating.

A look in the database, the add-on seems to be using idSet as the lookup id for the movie in the movie table instead of using idMovie

Any idea?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-10-17, 12:18)Karellen Wrote: Hello @axlt2002

I think I have found a bug in v3.5.1 when updating the rating for a movie from the context menu

As an example, the following movie has this existing rating of 8.0 with 355,608 votes.

If I am in the movie listing, and use the context menu to update ratings, what I am shown is correct

But, if the movie is part of a Collection, and I am viewing the movie in Sets and try to update the rating, I have a completely different rating. It is the same rating for every movie in the set. If I go to another Set, I get a different rating, and every movie in that set has the same incorrect rating.

A look in the database, the add-on seems to be using idSet as the lookup id for the movie in the movie table instead of using idMovie

Any idea?
Hi @Karellen, thanks a lot for reporting. If I'm not wrong this is somthing that was rised some times ago but having not further notification I left it a part... Rolleyes I will try to give it a look as soon as possible...it is clearly something that needs to be solved.

Just a question for clarification: if you launch the update of the entire movie library, are the ratings of the movies belonging to a set updated correctly?

Have a great day!
Hello @axlt2002

I was not aware it was reported previously. Must have been before I started using your add-on.

I ran the update for the full library on my test library and that updated the ratings of movies in sets correctly.

No rush, it is an easy workaround- update from the main library not the sets node.
My Signature
Is there a way to see what movies/shows were updated on a given scheduled update? I tried looking into the logs but could not find that info.
Hi axlt2002

Didn't read the whole thread if this is already answered but why this is not already in the official repo?

Cheers
Nessus
(2019-10-24, 17:05)monisriz Wrote: Is there a way to see what movies/shows were updated on a given scheduled update? I tried looking into the logs but could not find that info.
Hi @monisriz!

The add-on doesn't keep track of which movies and/or TV shows have been updated. The idea behind is just to have the entire library updated to the current IMDB votes. 

Have a nice evening!
(2019-10-28, 18:55)nessus Wrote: Hi axlt2002

Didn't read the whole thread if this is already answered but why this is not already in the official repo?

Cheers
Nessus
Hi @nessus!

I think that the main point at the moment is that the add-on doesn't fulfill all the requirements to have it in the official Kodi repository. Of course it would be a pleasure on my side to have it included...I have to check what is missing. And the next point would be to decide which version include...  Wink
(2019-10-28, 20:56)axlt2002 Wrote: And the next point would be to decide which version include... 
3.5.1 Smile

I still believe v4.0 is inaccurate
My Signature
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.27