• 1(current)
v19 [teaser] Aeon MQ 9
Hello Aeon MQ fans. Here comes a new skin...

MQ9, a skin with 4K interface. The skin code is based on the modern Ace 2 code but has been fully adapted to 3840x2160px resolution.
In addition, all textures and backgrounds now also have 4K resolution for maximum visual quality.

But can I use this skin on my non-4K TV/monitor?
Yes, no problem. Texture refinements will still be made, but even on a FullHD screen, you will notice a better look compared to skins with 1920x1080px resolution.

Preview of the main menu

AEON MQ 8 STYLE MENU BAR

AEON MQ 7 STYLE MENU BAR

MULTIPLE ADJUSTMENT OPTIONS

The skin is under construction, so take a moment to give suggestions on what you would like to see in Aeon MQ 9.

Kodi Matrix 19.0 & Kodi Nexus 20.0

I will publish periodic images of the work in progress. Stay tuned.

The skin is paused at this moment, have info in our forum about it. Our personal life sometimes comes first. If anyone donates in the past, only need request via private message in our forum to get access to the MQ9 skin version to regular VIPs.

we closed the thread for new posts until the public version is released.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
(2019-10-09, 02:36)MarcosQui Wrote: give suggestions on what you would like to see
The most powerful feature set have the AEON MQ Skin mods by @latts9923 (Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod and Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod)
Where the most feature set have the Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod based on the Krypton version Multi-Mod addition for the MQ 7 Krypton Mod but ported to Leia and developed further.
@latts9923 is modding it since the Aeon MQ 7 Skin release (3 or 4 years ago?) 

It's full of eyecandy features, that's the reason why its for many people the daily driver!
Only disadvantages is the performance and a little bit blown up.

My wishes for MQ9:
  • The features and functions of @latts9923 Aeon MQ 7 Mod
  • Better performance than Aeon MQ 7 (and mods)
  • The design of the Aeon MQ 8
  • Making a step forward and try also experimental features like the AEON Tajo Skin by @manfeed 
  • Including the nice features @sualfred Embuary Helper is offering
  • Drop support of the buggy Extended Info and support the new solution like Embuary Info script.
  • Support the new released "clean" version of TvTunes (by @latts9923 ) again.
  • (Include my Artwork Projects like many other skins done  Big Grin )
So excited for this!

My only suggestion would be NOT to take those overblown mod projects on board. They look childish and cramped with all that unnecessary artwork. Minimalism is key my friend!

Good luck.
I already like that Home Screen, powerful home menu there.

What I would like to see in Aeon MQ 9
(2019-10-09, 09:17)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-10-09, 02:36)MarcosQui Wrote: give suggestions on what you would like to see

My wishes for MQ9:
  • The features and functions of @latts9923 Aeon MQ 7 Mod
  • Better performance than Aeon MQ 7 (and mods)
  • The design of the Aeon MQ 8
  • Making a step forward and try also experimental features like the AEON Tajo Skin by @manfeed 
  • Including the nice features @sualfred Embuary Helper is offering
  • Drop support of the buggy Extended Info and support the new solution like Embuary Info script.
  • Support the new released "clean" version of TvTunes (by @latts9923 ) again.
  • (Include my Artwork Projects like many other skins done  Big Grin )

1. I second all of the above. Aeon MQ + @latts9923 mods combined into one make the best skin in the KODI universe. It would be wonderful if the mods were builtin (the skin would less buggy I suppose than when modded).

2. Artwork
Please let artwork addons  and KODI itself manage artworks. Aeon MQ8 and Ace 2 have this feature to download artworks which to me is not necessary when there are addons that already do this better (Artwork Beef). Even KODI since version 18 is getting better at managing extra artworks.

I could not get my downloaded extrafanarts to work with Aeon MQ 8 or Ace 2 whether placed in extrafanarts folder or beside the movie file as fanart1,2,3 etc. The only way to get the extrafanart was to allow the skin to download the fanarts (which I already downloaded).

What would be best in my opinion is to have skin integration to work with existing artwork addons, examples

1. Artwork beef - now has support for KYRADB artwork (animated posters, characteracts, animated fanarts etc)
2. Actress PNG's resource addon by @"chrissix" 

3. Music and Video OSD

A much simpler but productive music and video OSD. Turning subtiles on/off in MQ8 is a rather long path. Example, look at Estuary Mod V2 by @Guilouz here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2523573
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
My wish list:

1 - Add the ability to change text colors throughout the skin. All skins limit this to just a specific group of fonts.

2 - Please get the "Episodes Airing Today" widgets working the way it used to by showing what is actually airing on that day, or for that matter, give users the option to pick the amount of days to display in the widget. In your Aeon MQ8 skin it simply does not work the way it used to.

3 - Make the main menu setup more user friendly like most skins do. It is very difficult to set the focus position on the Aeon MQ series skins.

Regards,

Shedrock
Loving the new menu layout. Agree with what others said above.

Great to see you back Marcos. Thank you again
Wow - first of all that screen shot looks TASTY   Blush

I have lately (read: past couple of years) use the one or other MQ-version, so your work is great. I also have to confess I had to resolve to the mods from @latts9923 as this had some 'fixes' to the standard MQ releases.
Here I am referring to mainly the scrolling/listing of RightList entries and the video OSD ....

I don't personally use Kodi for more than Movies and TV Shows - thus my personal interests lay there .... but please ensure that the scrolling of list entries is not merely starting from a small handful of entries and takes into account how many are actually to be scrolled (your previous versions scrolled from ~10th entry or so even though there were only a few more entries in the list which would have fit the screen perfectly (bugged me out of my mind) and secondly the video OSD, please ensure as smooth handling of subs as possible (calling up the dl function and/or switching between already available subs) as this has been very cumbersome .....

Just my 2 cents worth ... keep up the fantastic work mate Smile
Hi Marcos,

Your skins are outstanding; truly amazing. They're fast, functional and pure eye candy to boot. But for me to use them, I would like to see a little more emphasis placed on the PVR side of this new effort. 

My wish list, therefore, begins and ends with a request for season/episode and description info for the TV guide, recorded list, timers list and timer rules list (which would need to be added). I'm not sure that can be done, as all the MQ series skins I've tried omit this information for some reason. I know that by pressing the info button, some of that detail is revealed (in some views), but I would like to see it displayed natively, just as it is in Estuary, Unfussy and some of the other PVR focused skins. Maybe an option to include or not include this info so as not to offend the purists? Hey, its a wish list and you did ask  Smile .

That's my two cents worth; thank you again for asking. Keep up the incredible work. I wish you continued success with your skins.
i wish the 3d list will Come back
hi marcos,
i would really love some new views. i love the shelf3D view from latts. it would be fine to have a real music videos concerts view.
I wonder why noone has mentioned the most important feature missing from this wonderful skin: RATINGS (IMDB,RT,Metacritic,TMDB), both in library and in the videonfo of movies/series. Of course this is covered by various mods, but I think they should be part of the default skin.
Personally I think you need to recruit Latts9923 into your development team, and incorporate all his modifications into the basic release as many others have already stated, I doubt there are many of us using just the Vanilla version of your skin as good as it is, Latts takes it to the next level
and many things that he does should be in by default.
PVR....  Much as I love Marcos' skins, the PVR section never gets any love.  This stops me from using any of the Aeon MQ series as PVR is a big use-case in my family and unfortunately, other skins, whilst not providing the same music or video library experience that MQ gives, have much better PVR sections. So for me, pvr is something Marcos should look at.  I know it's probably not high on many peoples' lists, I know many people don't even use it, but for a skin as high profile and classy as the MQ series I think Marcos could do an excellent job if he put his mind to it.

I'll remain hopeful for now !!
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2019-10-13, 13:03)SteveSmith Wrote: Personally I think you need to recruit Latts9923
Oh man, a really strong thought if @MarcosQui and @latts9923 would raise something together. That would be incredible. That would be like combining the best qualities from both worlds on Android and Apple Iphone.
And if you would get also @manfeed (Aeon Tajo) into the boat would be like a Jailbraik. He's the best "skin hacker" I know and has outwitted more than once the limited skin engine for special feature stuff.

But the thing is, there will always be two split camps here:

The one vanilla minimalist purists guys who thinks a selection of functions and features is unnecessary blown stuff, artwork is childish cramped or are more orientated on speed and lightweight so that their underpowered Mickey Mouse Kodi machine still able to work with the skin.
and
The feature and functions orientated guys who want to customize each view maximum and full access to all Metadata and Artwork stuff Kodi can handle. 

Some people would call Animated Posters or Sideshows of Character Posters or Character Arts childish cramped stuff. I understand their pov but for me it's eyecandy bling bling Media Center of the future stuff.
My kiddies can not read yet and choose their Walt Disney and Pixar stuff on bling bling features like this... maybe cause my childs are simple childs and maybe the reason i also like such childish stuff too...

(2019-10-13, 21:38)chrissix Wrote: [...] so that the underpowered Mickey Mouse Kodi machine still able to work with the skin.

Rofl I couldn't agree more... I respect all opinions, but I just can't understand users that say they have 3000 movies and still try to make do with a machine that costs less than just one of those movies... Confused
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[teaser] Aeon MQ 91