• 10(current)
Release Philips Hue Service & Ambilight
Very cool I will try it out! For the colors what I meant was something like the zones they support in screen bloom. I'm actually not fully certain what it does, I was assuming you could assign a light to a zone and then it would give the average color of that zone.

Oh i see what this is for now, zones as in rooms.
Ah, yes I see what feature you mean now. I think that's intended if you have multiple lights. For example if you had two lights on each side of a screen, you could set one to match the colour on the left side of the screen and the other light to match the right side of the screen. I can't really think of a way to implement it in Kodi, especially the settings UI. It would probably also run a lot slower, and for small HTPCs or RPi it wouldn't speed is especially important.
(2019-10-12, 00:41)Snapcase Wrote: Ah, yes I see what feature you mean now. I think that's intended if you have multiple lights. For example if you had two lights on each side of a screen, you could set one to match the colour on the left side of the screen and the other light to match the right side of the screen. I can't really think of a way to implement it in Kodi, especially the settings UI. It would probably also run a lot slower, and for small HTPCs or RPi it wouldn't speed is especially important.

Right thats what I mean. Yeah this could be a problem for the slower devices. I have 4 lights that I'd like to get working. I'm using  a theater PC that has HVec decoding for 4K.

Would it be possible for a low power mode and a high power mode if where was a way to do it?
Well probably it could just be left off if you have a low power device. It's more the fact that I get the impression that most people have low power devices and I'd rather make more universal features.

The bigger problem to figure out is how to make a UI to configure it. If you've tried it with ScreenBloom you'll see you can draw an area with your mouse to select each zone. The default settings UI in Kodi is limited to entering numbers, text and on-off switches. You can make custom UIs but it's a lot more complex and even then it would need to work reasonably with a remote control. Maybe I could make pre-made patterns, like split the screen into left/right or top/bottom.

I'll keep thinking about it and play around with ScreenBloom and maybe I'll figure out a design that works and add it eventually, but it's a more long term idea.
(2019-10-12, 14:12)Snapcase Wrote: Well probably it could just be left off if you have a low power device. It's more the fact that I get the impression that most people have low power devices and I'd rather make more universal features.

The bigger problem to figure out is how to make a UI to configure it. If you've tried it with ScreenBloom you'll see you can draw an area with your mouse to select each zone. The default settings UI in Kodi is limited to entering numbers, text and on-off switches. You can make custom UIs but it's a lot more complex and even then it would need to work reasonably with a remote control. Maybe I could make pre-made patterns, like split the screen into left/right or top/bottom.

I'll keep thinking about it and play around with ScreenBloom and maybe I'll figure out a design that works and add it eventually, but it's a more long term idea.

Oh premade patterns would work well. a pattern for 2, 3 and 4 zones, and then you assign the lights to each zone?
Hello,

Everything working well here, but was wondering if there could be any performance gains to be had on startup time? When KODI starts, it takes maybe 30 seconds for the plugin to connect to the bridge. Is there anything that could be done to shorten that time?

thx
Normally when it starts up it tries to connect to the previous IP and that only takes one or two seconds. If it's taking longer it's probably because the IP of the Hue bridge changed, then it tries Hue's discovery service before finally trying the UPNP discovery, which is slow. The quickest startup would be to give your hue bridge a fixed IP, so every time Kodi starts it will just connect and not need to do the discovery at all.
Hi,

I do have it with a fixed ip... could there be something else, like maybe another addon delaying it?

thx
That's weird. If you include some debug logs I can have a look and try and figure out what's going on.
Actually could you also visit this address from your network and see if your Hue bridge shows up? Aside from having the same IP, it's the fastest method but needs your bridge to talk to Hue's servers and not be blocked.
(2019-10-14, 16:12)Snapcase Wrote: Actually could you also visit this address from your network and see if your Hue bridge shows up? Aside from having the same IP, it's the fastest method but needs your bridge to talk to Hue's servers and not be blocked.
Hi
First of all thanks for the adddon...but i would to ask an information becouse i have a strange issue...using ambilight when a movie start, all the lights start to work but they stay all white OR thet change color in the beginning ogmf the film than stop in green red and blue...i read somewhere about hardwsre acceleration, but i cannot disable it in the latest version of kodi...any idea?
Hi @Sghiddoman 

I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying ambilight starts working then stops and gets stuck? That might be a crash. Can you please provide logs? Information on how to do so is here: Log_file/Easy (wiki)
(2019-10-14, 18:48)Snapcase Wrote: Hi @Sghiddoman 

I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying ambilight starts working then stops and gets stuck? That might be a crash. Can you please provide logs? Information on how to do so is here: Log_file/Easy (wiki)
Ok i dont know why but now it seems that is working...just light doesnt follow the scene too much..it seems they are a little bit slow...is there a settings to change maybe? To make it faster?
Hi

Yeah, try lowering the capture size in the ambilight section. Just under it it will also tell you how long it takes to calculate one image in milliseconds. 500 is half a second, 1000 is one second. That should give you an idea how long it takes to calculate the colours.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips Hue Service & Ambilight0