Android Media box recommendation
Hi people this is my first post post so be gentle
I have read so much info on the site but am still at a loss

I am after a reasonable priced media box to play my 4k blu ray rips and std blu ray from an external hard drive this will be directly plugged into the box

All I need it to do is pass through audio as in dts HD or true hd so 7.1 and decode hdr and that's it

I don't need to steam so not bothered about Internet not bothered about games just to play movies from

My LG oled TV plays all my movies just not with 7.1 pass through and I now have atmos so want to take advantage of this
I would recommend this.
https://ameridroid.com/collections/new/p...ec-edition

Your thread tag says android but Kodi seems to run better through coreelec. This box is setup just to run Kodi, on a very lightweight OS. It will do 
everything that you ask for. Ships with Kodi installed ready to go. You can also install android on it if you want to. 

The one thing you would need to figure out is a remote.
(2019-10-16, 22:40)lightsout Wrote: I would recommend this.

Your thread tag says android but Kodi seems to run better through coreelec. This box is setup just to run Kodi, on a very lightweight OS. It will do 
everything that you ask for. Ships with Kodi installed ready to go. You can also install android on it if you want to. 

Saying "Pre Order " , when is this released ?
(2019-10-16, 22:40)lightsout Wrote: I would recommend this.

Yes sorry I just thought it was an android box I needed but this looks like it ticks all the boxes as that's all I am looking for 👍
I would tread cautiously here.  I don't own an N2, but I have read of issues with that box and external usb drives.  If you're decided on coreelec (which I use btw) searching and asking on their forum would be a good idea before you order - they may recommend a better solution or I may be mistaken.  My other concern with the N2 (what's put me off buying one) is the lousy (2 month?) warranty offered by odroid.  I don't know what Ameridroid's policy is, again it's something worth checking.
(2019-10-16, 23:27)trogggy Wrote: I would tread cautiously here.  I don't own an N2, but I have read of issues with that box and external usb drives.  If you're decided on coreelec (which I use btw) searching and asking on their forum would be a good idea before you order - they may recommend a better solution or I may be mistaken.  My other concern with the N2 (what's put me off buying one) is the lousy (2 month?) warranty offered by odroid.  I don't know what Ameridroid's policy is, again it's something worth checking.

Yes am just reading reviews now and 4k playback seems to be an issue, this is why I have no clue what to go for, I assumed it would be easy to find a box as I don't need all the bells and whistles but I am finding it hard to choose
(2019-10-16, 23:54)Evotuning Wrote:
(2019-10-16, 23:27)trogggy Wrote: I would tread cautiously here.  I don't own an N2, but I have read of issues with that box and external usb drives.  If you're decided on coreelec (which I use btw) searching and asking on their forum would be a good idea before you order - they may recommend a better solution or I may be mistaken.  My other concern with the N2 (what's put me off buying one) is the lousy (2 month?) warranty offered by odroid.  I don't know what Ameridroid's policy is, again it's something worth checking.

Yes am just reading reviews now and 4k playback seems to be an issue, this is why I have no clue what to go for, I assumed it would be easy to find a box as I don't need all the bells and whistles but I am finding it hard to choose 

4K playback issues? Where have you seen that? I have done a ton (too much) forum reading on these and honestly don't think I have ever heard that. Have you looked at the thread here?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340809

I have mine hooked up to a 4k TV with a Denon AVR, and also straight to a TCL TV. 4K and HDR work great on both setups.
(2019-10-17, 00:00)lightsout Wrote:
(2019-10-16, 23:54)Evotuning Wrote:

4K playback issues? Where have you seen that? I have done a ton (too much) forum reading on these and honestly don't think I have ever heard that. Have you looked at the thread here?

I have mine hooked up to a 4k TV with a Denon AVR, and also straight to a TCL TV. 4K and HDR work great on both setups. 
Yet when I looked at purchasing on the link you posted , it says "pre order " ? unless I am being mistaken , does that mean they are out of stock ? or is that the american way of saying "order " ?
(2019-10-17, 00:08)ontap Wrote:
(2019-10-17, 00:00)lightsout Wrote:
(2019-10-16, 23:54)Evotuning Wrote: Yes am just reading reviews now and 4k playback seems to be an issue, this is why I have no clue what to go for, I assumed it would be easy to find a box as I don't need all the bells and whistles but I am finding it hard to choose  

Yet when I looked at purchasing on the link you posted , it says "pre order " ? unless I am being mistaken , does that mean they are out of stock ? or is that the american way of saying "order " ? 

Initially it was a pre-order, they went out but they keep restocking, may be worth contacting them to see if they are currently in stock. If you are not in the states you may prefer to order from here:
https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-n...c-edition/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media box recommendation0