Issues with accessing shares in MacOS Cataline on Android Nvidia shield devices
Can someone please help me figure this out - after upgrading to MacOs Catataline , I cannot longer access my SMB shares within Kodi that worked until the upgrade with no problems. I am getting "lock settings" with user/password prompt when trying to access the previously added shares ? What can I do to fix that? Which credentials is Kodi asking me to enter ?Any help would be appreciated...
(2019-10-14, 22:16)Kotek67 Wrote: Can someone please help me figure this out - after upgrading to MacOs Catataline , I cannot longer access my SMB shares within Kodi that worked until the upgrade with no problems. I am getting "lock settings" with user/password prompt when trying to access the previously added shares ? What can I do to fix that? Which credentials is Kodi asking me to enter ?Any help would be appreciated...

Wow, I am surprised that nobody had this issue ?
Its most likely a set of user credentials on the mac system you need to enter on the shield smb connection. 

Alternatively you may just need to (re)enable guest users. Pretty sure the recommended way from anyone would be a set of user credentials instead of guest access, but do whatever you want.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/ma...h17131/mac
(2019-10-15, 23:24)Fuzzard Wrote: Its most likely a set of user credentials on the mac system you need to enter on the shield smb connection. 

Alternatively you may just need to (re)enable guest users. Pretty sure the recommended way from anyone would be a set of user credentials instead of guest access, but do whatever you want.

Thanks for your reply! But nothing works after upgrade to CatalinA Sad All my shares on Shield are not accessible and say "Operation not permitted" and sometimes asks for "lock preferences" , I am seriously at a loss here Sad Please help!
(2019-10-17, 02:41)Kotek67 Wrote:
(2019-10-15, 23:24)Fuzzard Wrote: Its most likely a set of user credentials on the mac system you need to enter on the shield smb connection. 

Thanks for your reply! But nothing works after upgrade to CatalinA Sad All my shares on Shield are not accessible and say "Operation not permitted" and sometimes asks for "lock preferences" , I am seriously at a loss here Sad Please help!  

OK I have two media center devices: Shield TV and Libreelec. I have successfully been connected to them via zeroconf/NFS. Upon upgrading to Catalina I found that both devices could see the external drives where I store my media but could not open the drives to access the files. What I did was to disable SIP (System Integrity Protection) on my MAC. Now kodi on my libreelec box works fine but my Shield TV still can not access my media. I did on factory reset on the Shield, re-installed Kodi but no go.
(2019-10-23, 15:30)jmerrilljr Wrote:
(2019-10-17, 02:41)Kotek67 Wrote:

OK I have two media center devices: Shield TV and Libreelec. I have successfully been connected to them via zeroconf/NFS. Upon upgrading to Catalina I found that both devices could see the external drives where I store my media but could not open the drives to access the files. What I did was to disable SIP (System Integrity Protection) on my MAC. Now kodi on my libreelec box works fine but my Shield TV still can not access my media. I did on factory reset on the Shield, re-installed Kodi but no go.  
I booted into Mojave which I maintain of a separate volume. The Shield TV/Kodi/zeroconf/nfs combo worked fine on Mojave. All I can figure is that the Shield does not like Catalina, even with SIP disabled.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with accessing shares in MacOS Cataline on Android Nvidia shield devices0