Linux Linux Mint 19.2 - Inputstream.adaptive missing
Hi,
I recently installed Linux Mint 19.2 anew (not cloning), since I got a new ssd, I also decided to install Kodi, I already have it in my 2 fire tv sticks, but thought I might use it on PC as well.
I should mention that this time I installed it via software manager, not cli, after doing so I went and also got the addon (the only one I really need) WonderfulSubs.

I then tried to test if it worked and got this error "inputstream.adaptive is missing...", I looked for a solution and it seems this addon should be part of the kodi install, and when it's not it should at least be in the kodi repository, but I checked under video and it's not.

How can I get this addon? Should I unistall kodi and install it again from cli?

I leave 2 screenshots, with the error displayed and the system information, tell me if I need to post the log too.

Thank you for your help.
(2019-10-24, 18:19)totucc Wrote: Hi,
I recently installed Linux Mint 19.2 anew (not cloning), since I got a new ssd, I also decided to install Kodi, I already have it in my 2 fire tv sticks, but thought I might use it on PC as well.
I should mention that this time I installed it via software manager, not cli, after doing so I went and also got the addon (the only one I really need) WonderfulSubs.

I then tried to test if it worked and got this error "inputstream.adaptive is missing...", I looked for a solution and it seems this addon should be part of the kodi install, and when it's not it should at least be in the kodi repository, but I checked under video and it's not.

How can I get this addon? Should I unistall kodi and install it again from cli?

I leave 2 screenshots, with the error displayed and the system information, tell me if I need to post the log too.

Thank you for your help.

I've read that the versions of Kodi in the package managers is sometimes a versions compiled by the maintainers and not recommended by Kodi.

Only suggestion I can give is to work with the Kodi maintained version from their repository, then you know what it's not....
Ok, so I just follewed the instructions here:
https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux

and I firstly removed kodi using

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get remove kodi*
sudo apt-get purge kodi*
rm -r ~/.kodi/

then installed it again with
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi

and... i get the exact same error....

should I try one of the nightly or beta builds? or isn't there a way to install just that package instead?
bash:
sudo apt install kodi-inputstream-adaptive
(2019-10-25, 13:42)yasij Wrote:
bash:
sudo apt install kodi-inputstream-adaptive

thank you I might try this later, btw I tried downgrading to an older stable (it installed 17.6), still following the wiki...
it works now, but not for HLS videos... any idea? I checked the changelog and v17 already supported hls.
Kodi 17 is outdated. Stay at Kodi 18.

Inputstream is a binary addon. Binary addons need to be installed via the commandline like it was mentioned above.
(2019-10-25, 13:30)totucc Wrote: Ok, so I just follewed the instructions here:
https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux

and I firstly removed kodi using

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get remove kodi*
sudo apt-get purge kodi*
rm -r ~/.kodi/

then installed it again with
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi

and... i get the exact same error....

should I try one of the nightly or beta builds? or isn't there a way to install just that package instead?

Hello,

I have the same problem today as well. After a little digging around and found that the inputstream adaptive and visualizations addon has been addressed in the nightly builds. My question is can I just add the addons from the nightly, or do a full install of the nightly version. I'm hesitant because these builds are unstable but the adaptive addon is needed for some streams and I just love visualizations. Please advise
i didn't see the reply before I posted. I'm going to try installing via other command line and see what happens. I will post my results
OK I got the addon installed and this is how:

I logged on as root using (su -i)

then I ran apt update 

Finally I installed using apt-get install kodi-inputstream-adaptive

Process completed and I verified the the addon installed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux Mint 19.2 - Inputstream.adaptive missing0