• 229(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2019-10-09, 08:27)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Still cant get Windows to stop updating the Intel Video driver every single night. I can't find any other info on how to prevent this and of course Microsoft is no help.

Anyone else stuck in this infinite loop?

Have you tried software like O&O ShutUp10? I have it ran once and since then no updates at all!
(2019-10-09, 22:19)baba420 Wrote:
(2019-10-09, 08:27)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Still cant get Windows to stop updating the Intel Video driver every single night. I can't find any other info on how to prevent this and of course Microsoft is no help.

Have you tried software like O&O ShutUp10? I have it ran once and since then no updates at all! 

Thanks for the tip! I am giving this a try. Hopefully it works. If not I'll post about my further frustrations!
(2019-10-10, 10:35)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2019-10-09, 22:19)baba420 Wrote:

Thanks for the tip! I am giving this a try. Hopefully it works. If not I'll post about my further frustrations! 

It did not work.
(2019-10-08, 17:41)robsch Wrote:
(2019-09-18, 15:09)te36 Wrote: Finally got around getting the 3D MVC builds from this thread installed and running on a new AMD Ryzen system. Happy now with result! 
Maybe this system will turn out to be easier to support kodi not only for FullHD3D, but also 4k, but i have no 4k display yet.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G (CPU based graphics)
Motherboard: MSI B450i
Memory: 16Byte
Windows: 10 Pro 1803
Radeon Software Version: 19.7.2

Did you have to change anything in the drivers? I have the same CPU, only I have an ASRock MB, and I am not having much luck with my 3D TV (Vizio M601d-A3R) switching to 3D. It keeps trying to make my MVC's play HT/B. I have cloned my Kodi to a BeeLink AP34, and that one works just fine, as frame packed 3D. 
Check in windows settings if it shows that the display can do 3d (eg: showing 1920x1080 wih 3D indicated), and that you have enabled 3D.

Don't even bother to start kodi for 3D if windows doesn't show it can do 3d. 

Did you also install an NVidia graphics card driver ? First time around i had that Nvidia driver for a PCIe NVidia card also installed and somehow i couldn't get 3D from the onboard AMD HDMI port. After i reinstalled windows and NOT put in an NVidia card, it was working, and even when i later added the NVidia card it was still working. Magic Windows Mess.
(2019-10-11, 05:45)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2019-10-10, 10:35)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2019-10-09, 22:19)baba420 Wrote: Have you tried software like O&O ShutUp10? I have it ran once and since then no updates at all!  

It did not work. 

Did you try setting the connection to metered?  I know that was discussed way back in this thread in 2016 and someone said it only worked on Wifi adapters.  However, I have several computers without Wifi with their ethernet connection set as metered and it has stopped all Windows updates from coming through.  I manually check for updates or change it back to unmetered when I'm ready to grab updates.
(2019-10-14, 21:35)Skirge01 Wrote:
(2019-10-11, 05:45)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2019-10-10, 10:35)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Thanks for the tip! I am giving this a try. Hopefully it works. If not I'll post about my further frustrations!  

It did not work.  

Did you try setting the connection to metered?  I know that was discussed way back in this thread in 2016 and someone said it only worked on Wifi adapters.  However, I have several computers without Wifi with their ethernet connection set as metered and it has stopped all Windows updates from coming through.  I manually check for updates or change it back to unmetered when I'm ready to grab updates. 

I haven't tried that. The issue is I've already put the Windows setting to not update drivers automatically and created the registry entry to prevent the updates. I ran a 3rd party software that was supposed to stop this and yet pretty much every night Windows updates the video driver on it's on, breaking MVC MKV 3D playback. 

This wasn't happening before 1903 update. The above mentioned steps worked to prevent the update. Frustrating.
Quote:Since moving to this version (both the MVC 17.6 stable release and the MVC 18.2 RC) under Windows 10, when my TV comes up with a "no signal" message bouncing around, I lose audio and need to restart Kodi.  I do not have my TV set to enter any standby modes, but this message appears after several minutes (maybe 5?).  This message has always appeared in the past, but I did not lose audio under Windows 7 with either the MVC 18.2 RC or the regular Kodi 18.4 release.  I've tried power cycling the TV and receiver, but that doesn't bring it back.  I tried messing with Kodi's "keep alive" and "send noise" options, but that didn't change anything.

I am running the latest gpu drivers for my D54250WYKH because I couldn't get the GFX_Win7_8_8.1_64_10.18.10.3540 file to install, saying it wasn't compatible with my system.  The receiver is a Pioneer VSX-1020 w/HDMI 1.4a and the TV is a Panasonic TC-P65VT50.  All connections are over HDMI.

Any idea what might be causing this and a possible fix?  Let me know if anyone needs additional info.

Thanks!

Quoting myself in my original post as I seem to have resolved this.

If anyone else experiences this, check that you don't have the computer set to require a login when resuming from standby/sleep:
Settings->Accounts->Sign-in options->Require sign-in

I wasn't even getting prompted to sign back in when everything turned back on and Kodi was coming up full screen and, otherwise, functional.
[remove]

no time to test it
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2019-10-15, 02:44)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2019-10-14, 21:35)Skirge01 Wrote:
(2019-10-11, 05:45)K0D1User1138 Wrote: It did not work.  

I haven't tried that. The issue is I've already put the Windows setting to not update drivers automatically and created the registry entry to prevent the updates. I ran a 3rd party software that was supposed to stop this and yet pretty much every night Windows updates the video driver on it's on, breaking MVC MKV 3D playback. 

This wasn't happening before 1903 update. The above mentioned steps worked to prevent the update. Frustrating. 

Still can't prevent Windows from automatically updating the Intel video driver and messing up Kodi settings as it doesn't even reset the PC. Break MVC MKV playback and requires reinstalling the working MVC MKV Intel driver and restarting then correcting Kodi audio settings. So very annoying.

I've added multiple registry entries that are supposed to prevent this and none of them have worked. I ran ShutUp10 which is supposed to prevent this and it does not work. Just getting annoyed by Windows again. Going to have to format and re-install WIndows and stop updates to 1903 and the nplay the stop all updates/roll back game again. Boo!
(2019-10-21, 07:39)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2019-10-15, 02:44)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2019-10-14, 21:35)Skirge01 Wrote: Did you try setting the connection to metered?  I know that was discussed way back in this thread in 2016 and someone said it only worked on Wifi adapters.  However, I have several computers without Wifi with their ethernet connection set as metered and it has stopped all Windows updates from coming through.  I manually check for updates or change it back to unmetered when I'm ready to grab updates.  

Still can't prevent Windows from automatically updating the Intel video driver and messing up Kodi settings as it doesn't even reset the PC. Break MVC MKV playback and requires reinstalling the working MVC MKV Intel driver and restarting then correcting Kodi audio settings. So very annoying.

I've added multiple registry entries that are supposed to prevent this and none of them have worked. I ran ShutUp10 which is supposed to prevent this and it does not work. Just getting annoyed by Windows again. Going to have to format and re-install WIndows and stop updates to 1903 and the nplay the stop all updates/roll back game again. Boo! 
Are you saying that setting your connection to metered isn't preventing it, either?  If so, something is really messed up.  Like I said, I have several computers with wired connections set to metered and it won't even download updates to Windows Defender.  The only other thing I have set is to disallow grabbing updates from local computers.
Have you tried disabling Windoes Update drivers?
Edit: should have read everything, yes you tried already
(2019-10-26, 01:11)Skirge01 Wrote:
(2019-10-21, 07:39)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2019-10-15, 02:44)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I haven't tried that. The issue is I've already put the Windows setting to not update drivers automatically and created the registry entry to prevent the updates. I ran a 3rd party software that was supposed to stop this and yet pretty much every night Windows updates the video driver on it's on, breaking MVC MKV 3D playback. 

Are you saying that setting your connection to metered isn't preventing it, either?  If so, something is really messed up.  Like I said, I have several computers with wired connections set to metered and it won't even download updates to Windows Defender.  The only other thing I have set is to disallow grabbing updates from local computers. 

A metered connection as in limiting the amount of data throughput to the PC?

That will negatively affect a number of uses for either of the HTPC's I am trying to stop Windows from automatically updating the Intel graphics driver for.

I have made every registry entry and used every ShutUp10 setting I've found associated with preventing Windows from repeatedly automatically updating the Intel video driver. Nothing has worked.
(2019-10-27, 07:22)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2019-10-26, 01:11)Skirge01 Wrote:
(2019-10-21, 07:39)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Still can't prevent Windows from automatically updating the Intel video driver and messing up Kodi settings as it doesn't even reset the PC. Break MVC MKV playback and requires reinstalling the working MVC MKV Intel driver and restarting then correcting Kodi audio settings. So very annoying.

A metered connection as in limiting the amount of data throughput to the PC?

That will negatively affect a number of uses for either of the HTPC's I am trying to stop Windows from automatically updating the Intel graphics driver for.

I have made every registry entry and used every ShutUp10 setting I've found associated with preventing Windows from repeatedly automatically updating the Intel video driver. Nothing has worked. 
So I'm running Windows 10 1809 (Education version). This is my DxDiag log file: https://pastebin.com/J3nyRNYe
This is my Intel Display driver log file: https://pastebin.com/ZSVtmWC8

This is screenshot of O&O shutup 10 settings: https://imgur.com/a/iLoCGCY

I hope this can help you out. I have this setup running for more than 6 months now and I solely use my Intel Box for 3D playback, nothing else.
Can someone point me to instructions how to compile an MVC build ? 

Just managed to get useful BD-J support working because of this thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2895703

But alas, 18.2 is too old, need to compile i think 18.4 (didn't try 18.3).
If someone compiles a new MVC build, please PM me so I can update post #1.
  • 229(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10