Scrapers
Hi,

I'm going through my library and converting it to locally saved.

I've hit a problem with a TV-Series folder I have already scraped into the Kodi library with no problem, using the TVDB scraper (Team Kodi 3.0.16)

When I try with TMM using TVDB (3.2) scraper I have 'Nothing found' for several shows.

Is there a difference between the TVDB scrapper in TMM and scraper used in kodi or is it a user issue?
yes, the Kodi scraper is based on XML whereas the tmm scraper is based on Java.. completely different implementation

but without more hints (at least the show, your settings, ...) I cannot help you
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2019-10-31, 21:10)mlaggner Wrote: yes, the Kodi scraper is based on XML whereas the tmm scraper is based on Java.. completely different implementation

but without more hints (at least the show, your settings, ...) I cannot help you

Hi,

thanks, gut feeling its down to my syntax as the TVDB source would be the same and as its only doing it on a few shows, I'll play around.

One thing I did notice in Settings under TV Shows > Scraper for TVDB.com under the Scraper options >API Key is blank
you can enter your own API key there if you don't want to scrape with the API key from tmm
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2019-10-31, 22:22)mlaggner Wrote: you can enter your own API key there if you don't want to scrape with the API key from tmm

Thanks, I've resolved my enquiry - appears the TMM TVDB scraper is a tad more intuitive which is good and prefers short show names when searching the TVDB database.

Using TMM has made things so much easier as I can see and quickly resolve issues with my library plus everything is locally saved to the DAS
(2019-10-31, 23:24)fsurfer Wrote:
(2019-10-31, 22:22)mlaggner Wrote: you can enter your own API key there if you don't want to scrape with the API key from tmm

Thanks, I've resolved my enquiry - appears the TMM TVDB scraper is a tad more intuitive which is good and prefers short show names when searching the TVDB database.

Using TMM has made things so much easier as I can see and quickly resolve issues with my library plus everything is locally saved to the DAS   
I get problems scraping in kodi using local information.

TV-shows scraped in Kodi - no problem, using TMM no obvious problems (apart from some missing episode artwork) until I scrape in Kodi using local information only a few shows do not scrape.

Can you advise on Kodi's Local Scraper? Is there a log?
(2019-11-04, 11:53)fsurfer Wrote: TV-shows scraped in Kodi - no problem, using TMM no obvious problems (apart from some missing episode artwork) until I scrape in Kodi using local information only
Don't use Local Information Only. You need to set the Scraper that matches the <episodeguide> URL in your NFO Files. So if you used the TVDB scraper in TMM, then set the TVDB scraper in Kodi.

This does not mean Kodi is downloading online metadata. Kodi is still using your local nfo files and artwork.

Also, if you are using TVDB, it needs to be the v2 TVDB <episodeguide> URL. If you are using a current version of TMM, then you are safe.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-04, 11:59)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-11-04, 11:53)fsurfer Wrote: TV-shows scraped in Kodi - no problem, using TMM no obvious problems (apart from some missing episode artwork) until I scrape in Kodi using local information only
Don't use Local Information Only. You need to set the Scraper that matches the <episodeguide> URL in your NFO Files. So if you used the TVDB scraper in TMM, then set the TVDB scraper in Kodi.

This does not mean Kodi is downloading online metadata. Kodi is still using your local nfo files and artwork.

Also, if you are using TVDB, it needs to be the v2 TVDB <episodeguide> URL. If you are using a current version of TMM, then you are safe.    

Thanks, just checked addons and the only TVDB entry is TVDB Team Kodi - 3.0.16 which was from August

Edit:- Sorry this is a bit confusing as I have already scraped using the local information only pseudo-scraper 1,777 show without issue. I have a problem with a handful of anime shows that either do not have complete entries or are missing from the TVDB database, using TMM I have use an alternative scraper.
Think my solution is to change content for those shows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrapers0