Stop the bottom bar from appearing when pressing the skip buttons while playing video
Hi,

is there a way to stop the bottom bar from appearing when I press the skip buttons while watching video?

thanks
You need to customize your skin (if it doesn't have an option for it).  I think it's been done for Estuary but advise what skin you use and we can help you out if you are willing/able to text-edit the files.

scott s.
(2019-11-01, 01:38)scott967 Wrote: You need to customize your skin (if it doesn't have an option for it).  I think it's been done for Estuary but advise what skin you use and we can help you out if you are willing/able to text-edit the files.

scott s.

Much appreciated for the offer of assistance Scott.  I'm happy to edit the files manually if you can advise what I need to change.  I'm using Aeon NOX.
(2019-11-01, 05:25)mamikel Wrote:
(2019-11-01, 01:38)scott967 Wrote: You need to customize your skin (if it doesn't have an option for it).  I think it's been done for Estuary but advise what skin you use and we can help you out if you are willing/able to text-edit the files.

scott s.

Much appreciated for the offer of assistance Scott.  I'm happy to edit the files manually if you can advise what I need to change.  I'm using Aeon NOX.  
I found similar queries and it seems that it's a matter of playing around with the DialogSeekBar.xml in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\16x9 folder. 

I removed Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek from the 4th line and it pretty much does it.  There's a brief flicker but I can live with that.

I'd also like to either hide the pause symbol when paused or position it in one of the corners of the screen.  Sometimes in some movies or tv shows, it can be a bit hard to work out what an actor is seeing.  Pausing offers a great way to study the scene, but the pause icon is typically right in the area you want to look closely at.  Any idea on how to hide/move it?

thanks again
(2019-11-01, 14:41)mamikel Wrote:
(2019-11-01, 05:25)mamikel Wrote:

scott s.

I found similar queries and it seems that it's a matter of playing around with the DialogSeekBar.xml in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\16x9 folder. 

I removed Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek from the 4th line and it pretty much does it.  There's a brief flicker but I can live with that.

I'd also like to either hide the pause symbol when paused or position it in one of the corners of the screen.  Sometimes in some movies or tv shows, it can be a bit hard to work out what an actor is seeing.  Pausing offers a great way to study the scene, but the pause icon is typically right in the area you want to look closely at.  Any idea on how to hide/move it?

thanks again   

I took a look at nox silvio (very nice skin btw) and did a little hackery which might work for you:

In the file Custom_1115_VideoOSDSettings.xml I did an edit on the button 90206 so it is like this:
Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="90206">
                    <width>1452</width>
                    <radioposx>1350</radioposx>
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[31437]</label>
                    <onclick condition="String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(Enable.ScreenshotMode))">SetProperty(Enable.ScreenshotMode,True,Home)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(Enable.ScreenshotMode))">ClearProperty(Enable.ScreenshotMode,Home)</onclick>
                    <selected>String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(Enable.ScreenshotMode))</selected>
                </control>

Now when playing a movie or episode open the full screen video OSD and select the "settings" menu option.  In the settings dialog click the "show pause label" button and that will now toggle to show the pause or hide it.  I used an existing (in the skin) property to do this so it isn't persistent between Kodi sessions (Kodi will start with the "pause" icon enabled).  It could be made more elaborate if wanted.

scott s.
Many thanks Scott, I'll take a look.
Out of interest, how would you persist the settings?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop the bottom bar from appearing when pressing the skip buttons while playing video0