• 23(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
I presume as OSMC on the Vero 4K now supports 3D MVC theres no reason that CE couldn’t support it on the N2? The specs say its capable of MVC output.
Can someone with the last coreelec nightly ( with dav1d 0.5.1 ) tell me what Av1 sw decoding resolution is possible 720p30, 1080p30 ?
Here some Netflix Av1 samples http://download.opencontent.netflix.com/...imera/Old/
(2019-10-30, 20:04)roden Wrote: Just ordered me one of these and been reading up on setting up configs and such. Arrived today and at the post office, noooooo.

Ill be running CE From 16gb EMMC and possibly android tv from micro usb?.

Im really hoping this is going to sort my problems, had a few players and currently using my PC to play films through hdmi, but i have had constant issues with unsmooth playback and its doing my head in.

Whats the best idea for a boot selector rather than having to get up and change switches?, is it possible to boot from more the 2 devices?

You can set the SPI switch to left position and then N2 boots to onboard Petitboot with boot selection options selected by your remote - no need to to get up and change switches.
You can choose to boot N2 either from eMMC or uSD card or USB drive/stick.
Although you can get Android to work from uSD card it's recommended to run it from eMMC, and other OS from uSD/USB. A fast USB3.0 stick is not much slower than eMMC.
(2019-10-30, 11:36)Sholander Wrote:
(2019-10-30, 11:32)Boulder Wrote: Does anyone else have an issue with BT where the paired device (old PS3 BD remote in my case) is sometimes not reconnected after resuming from suspend? In these cases, manually connecting won't work either but I need to remove and pair the device again.
The weird thing is that sometimes reconnection works, sometimes doesn't. I'm using a BT dongle with the same chipset than the one Hardkernel sells has.

Have you tried connecting it to front USB2.0 micro port via an OTG adapter ? Some BT adapters work better/more stable on this port... 

Thanks, I need to test that one Smile
Huh, just received my box today, running CE 9.2.0

Anything i play the sound is cutting in and out and sounds like its in slow motion or something?

confused.
(2019-10-31, 12:43)fab67 Wrote: Can someone with the last coreelec nightly ( with dav1d 0.5.1 ) tell me what Av1 sw decoding resolution is possible 720p30, 1080p30 ?
Here some Netflix Av1 samples http://download.opencontent.netflix.com/...imera/Old/

8bit 1280x720p samples decode and playback OK.
8bit 1920x1080p stutter and eventually crash CE Kodi (nightly release) - plays back fine on my i5 Intel iMac with VLC v3.0.9

10bit samples are a no goer both on N2 CoreELEC and i5 iMac with VLC.

After looking at the release notes on VLC Website and Github there is still a bunch of dav1d / ffmpeg - ARMv8 chipset AV1 decode optimisations to come.

@wrxtasy
Thanks for the tests.
8bit should already have good neon support.
https://code.videolan.org/videolan/dav1d/issues/215

10bit none yet.
Oh I see in the readme that Chimera use filmgrain, that can really slowdown decoding ( and it's not yet implement with neon simd).
Perhaps N2 could decode a " normal " 1080p30.
Hi everyone,

I want buy this ODroid N2 for read my 4K vidéos. (Blu-ray UHD Remux).

My storage system (rack HDD) is very noisy so i need to put in cache about 50GB.
So I would like to know if it is possible to put in cache on the micro SD.

Thanks you in advance.

(Sorry for m'y English)
With the 2019 nVidia Shield 4K upscaling conversation, wondering if/how N2 w/CoreELEC can be set to upscale to 4K? I currently have mine auto refresh/resolution switching. Just un-whitelist all resolutions except 4K in settings?
Gonna see this site is gonna be no help lol.
(2019-11-02, 00:14)roden Wrote: Gonna see this site is gonna be no help lol.

Of course as this is a hardware forum, and proper site for your problem is CoreElec forum Wink
(2019-11-01, 21:54)hdmkv Wrote: With the 2019 nVidia Shield 4K upscaling conversation, wondering if/how N2 w/CoreELEC can be set to upscale to 4K? I currently have mine auto refresh/resolution switching. Just un-whitelist all resolutions except 4K in settings?

Honestly I don’t see the point in devs. chasing improved non 4K content upscaling if a 4K HDR capable - Kodi specifically focussed media player - were to be set permanently to output 4K SDR all the time with auto resolution switching disabled....

Why ?

Because modern 4K HDR TV’s will blank their screen when there is a mode change from SDR (ie the Kodi interface) to HDR anyway. So whilst it is doing that you might as well do auto resolution matching and let the 4K HDR TV use it’s high quality picture hardware upscaling.

This is of course assuming your 4K HDR TV has great picture hardware upscaling to begin with.

The HDR AMLogic chipset devices have never had anywhere near the auto resolution (Linux Kodi only) & colorspace switching problems the Shields have had.

If it ain’t broke, dont’t go messin’ with it is the motto ! Wink

Good point. I tried whitelisting only the 4K resolutions, but 1080p/24 played at 2160p/60 unfortunately. Seems the AI upscaling on new Shield gives you a little perceived detail, but introduces unwanted edge enhancement.
(2019-11-02, 16:03)hdmkv Wrote: Good point. I tried whitelisting only the 4K resolutions, but 1080p/24 played at 2160p/60 unfortunately. Seems the AI upscaling on new Shield gives you a little perceived detail, but introduces unwanted edge enhancement.

Edge enhancement seems to be a function of lots of so-called improved upscaling...
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4