• 24(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
Can anybody tell me if one of your SD Cards (maybe those of the Coreelec package) died within a short time?
And yeah, be it on this N2, C2 or XU.
I doub´t that eMMC will be that faster for me to buy it, but if I have to replace all ~six months the SD card I would rather get the eMMC.
(2019-11-03, 20:46)JustATest Wrote: Can anybody tell me if one of your SD Cards (maybe those of the Coreelec package) died within a short time?
And yeah, be it on this N2, C2 or XU.
I doub´t that eMMC will be that faster for me to buy it, but if I have to replace all ~six months the SD card I would rather get the eMMC.

I use several Sandisk uSD cards (8, 16 and 32GB) for 8 months on my N2 and really don't care about their health, because none failed me for 3 or so years working on several different Amlogic boxes.
I always take care to properly shutdown my devices before inserting or taking out my uSD cards...

And yes, eMMC is noticeably faster than Class 10 UHS-I cards from Sandisk.
Would it be possible to integrate Alexa in Kodi on the Odroid N2, or on any other device for that matter?
I have an Echo Dot v2 and it would be nice to activate Kodi or choose a movie by voice control.
Quote:How do you setup the (MINIX) A2 remotes power button to shutdown the N2 though ?

The answer for that is over HERE (click)

Regarding whitelisting, does it work with "non-standard" resolutions like 1280x544 which is something I often use with my own encodes (black borders cropped at 1080p, video processed and then downsized to 720p). I'm sure my XF900 should do a better upscaling job than the cheap box Smile
(2019-11-04, 15:25)Boulder Wrote: Regarding whitelisting, does it work with "non-standard" resolutions like 1280x544 which is something I often use with my own encodes (black borders cropped at 1080p, video processed and then downsized to 720p). I'm sure my XF900 should do a better upscaling job than the cheap box Smile

I believe Kodi is reasonably effective at doing a sensible choice of output mode for source material (looking at both horizontal and vertical resolutions) - but haven't checked exhaustively. I'd expect 1280x544 to be output at 720p.
@wrxtasy : Can you empty your PM inbox Big Grin
I've just ordered a N2, has anyone tried an OSMC remote control with one?
If it works that will save me having order a remote control too as I have one spare.
(2019-11-07, 16:02)stammie Wrote: I've just ordered a N2, has anyone tried an OSMC remote control with one?
If it works that will save me having order a remote control too as I have one spare.

It does, look at this post on CE forum.
(2019-11-07, 16:02)stammie Wrote: I've just ordered a N2, has anyone tried an OSMC remote control with one?

I use the OSMC remote with mine.  Just plug in the dongle and you are all set.
Thanks for your answers "dwalme" @ and "Sholander" @
That's good to know, looking forward to trying out my new box now Smile
Anybody know how does N2 compare with C2?

What benefits does one get from upgrading from C2 to N2?

I am thinking of getting a used C2 from a friend fairly cheap, I believe it has Librelec on it.

Need something that does HD Audio, HDR video, etc.
Thx
The older C2 whilst still being a nice little device for 4K, HD Audio CoreELEC Kodi is only a SDR capable device.

These days, in 2019, the S905D3, S922X and A311D AMLogic chipset devices with inbuilt Gigabit LAN are the best for cheap 4K HDR, HD audio - Linux based Kodi Leia media players.

The N2 is quite a bit faster vs the C2 as well.
Kodi runs smoother and is snappier. 1080p Anime works. In fact it can CPU software decode virtually anything 1080p if you wanted to.
It just works.

Best passive heatsink I’ve ever seen on anything too. Smile

(2019-11-07, 18:19)ozkhan1 Wrote: Anybody know how does N2 compare with C2?

What benefits does one get from upgrading from C2 to N2?

I am thinking of getting a used C2 from a friend fairly cheap, I believe it has Librelec on it.

Need something that does HD Audio, HDR video, etc.
Thx

If you need HDR video - the C2 is out.  Whilst it decodes 4K HEVC OK it can't output HDR-flagged video (and can't output 10-bit video cleanly), so the 4K functionality is really only useful if your content is all SDR. (Which is unlikely for movies)

The N2's big advantage over the C2 in video terms is its support for HDR output. (And the faster CPU is also useful if you need to play content that requires CPU decode - like Netflix DRMed streams, h.264 10-bit aka Hi10 Anime etc.)
Well I'm very impressed with odroid.co.uk I ordered my N2 from them yesterday afternoon and it arrived this morning Smile
However I've hit a road block with my device that my limited knowledge can't resolve Sad ,
it will not see my network shares from my Windows 10 pc, I get an error saying operation not permitted then couldn't connect to network server.
I've set the smb protocols the same as my Vero 4K+ which is minimum smb level none and maximum level to SMBv3, I've tried using the PC's IP address and PC name but nothing will work.
I've also tried connecting to a different Windows 10 PC on the network and get the same results.

My N2 will however work with my network connected HD Homerun Connect TV tuner and read the channels from the HD Homerun software on the PC that it wont connect to via SMB,
hopefully I've overlooked something very simple and someone here has experienced it and can help me get things going?
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4