REQUEST: Use the new search without adding Youtube and force to search locally only.
As I've mentioned, I'm looking to keep a locked down/restricted frontend to stop undue maintenance.

The new search tab is a great addition as is the alphabet strip, especially for large collections. I'd like to remove youtube install pop up and to have the option to only search locally. 
The same goes for searching from links in the movie or tv show information. I show this as a default before playing the movie.  I'd like to force it to only search through the existing local library.
(2019-11-04, 14:11)Captain_Tactful Wrote: As I've mentioned, I'm looking to keep a locked down/restricted frontend to stop undue maintenance.

The new search tab is a great addition as is the alphabet strip, especially for large collections. I'd like to remove youtube install pop up and to have the option to only search locally. 
The same goes for searching from links in the movie or tv show information. I show this as a default before playing the movie.  I'd like to force it to only search through the existing local library.

@Captain_Tactful , I think this is a good idea, thanks.  I will work on adding some settings to exclude YouTube from the search menu option.  When you do a search from clicking on fields in the video info dialog, you get a selection menu asking to search online or locally.  If I understand you correctly, you want a setting that forces searches to be local only, without any selection menu.  Is this correct? Please confirm.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano 

You are correct, I'd like only search locally, from any location.

In addition, a drop down menu at the end of the text box that limits the scope of the search would help the user understand the things they can search for.

regards
(2019-11-08, 12:11)Captain_Tactful Wrote: @bsoriano 

You are correct, I'd like only search locally, from any location.

In addition, a drop down menu at the end of the text box that limits the scope of the search would help the user understand the things they can search for.

regards
@Captain_Tactful, while I have not added the option to only search locally, I did add the customization of the search categories in the latest update.  Have you been able to test it? Is this what you were looking for? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi,
I think I have the same issue. I would like to see all the films featuring a particular actor so click their photo. The top half of the screen shows Movies (which is empty) and below it is TV Shows (also empty). After a fraction of a second the TV Shows area says something about Youtube and I get a Youtube dialog box:
‘Login exception [401] deleted_client’And
‘the oauth client was deleted’
Pressing OK or cancel just make the box repeat and I have to shutdown. I'm only interested in what I have, not youtube and would like to be able to switch that off. I see that other skins only show what I want but they are not as nice as Amber Smile
Thanks
Just for background, the errors reported are due to recent changes required in the YouTube addon itself (the API keys were cancelled by Google, so users need to make their own now). I know it doesn't affect your specific case, but it may be relevant for others.

See the YouTube addon support thread for more details and how to make personal keys if it is of interest to other users.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-03-04, 23:16)figrin_dan Wrote: Hi,
I think I have the same issue. I would like to see all the films featuring a particular actor so click their photo. The top half of the screen shows Movies (which is empty) and below it is TV Shows (also empty). After a fraction of a second the TV Shows area says something about Youtube and I get a Youtube dialog box:
Pressing OK or cancel just make the box repeat and I have to shutdown. I'm only interested in what I have, not youtube and would like to be able to switch that off. I see that other skins only show what I want but they are not as nice as Amber Smile
Thanks
@figrin_dan , with the version of Amber that is in GitHub (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber, Leia branch), you can customize which search categories are enabled, and you can disable YouTube.  If you feel comfortable downloading and updating from GitHub, by all mean, please use the latest version.  If you do not, please wait until I upload a new version to the Amber repo and eventually the Kodi repo that has customizable search categories, as well as an option to only search locally from video info.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-03-05, 00:18)DarrenHill Wrote: Just for background, the errors reported are due to recent changes required in the YouTube addon itself (the API keys were cancelled by Google, so users need to make their own now). I know it doesn't affect your specific case, but it may be relevant for others.

See the YouTube addon support thread for more details and how to make personal keys if it is of interest to other users.

@DarrenHill , thanks! I went through the process of making personal keys and the YouTube addon now is really fast.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-03-05, 00:32)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-03-04, 23:16)figrin_dan Wrote: Hi,
Thanks
@figrin_dan , with the version of Amber that is in GitHub (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber, Leia branch), you can customize which search categories are enabled, and you can disable YouTube.  If you feel comfortable downloading and updating from GitHub, by all mean, please use the latest version.  If you do not, please wait until I upload a new version to the Amber repo and eventually the Kodi repo that has customizable search categories, as well as an option to only search locally from video info.

Regards,

Bart  
Thats great!
I don't suppose you have instructions of updating the skin on an OSMC vero4k+? I'm happy to go into the command line with instructions.
Thanks
For the Leia branch, click here to open it on GitHub, then click on the green "Clone or download" button (right hand side of the screen) then select download zip.

That will give you a zip file, which you can then install into Kodi as normal with the Install from Zip option in the addons browser (you will of course need to move the zip file onto the vero device, or at least put it somewhere that the vero can access it)
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-03-05, 16:28)DarrenHill Wrote: For the Leia branch, click here to open it on GitHub, then click on the green "Clone or download" button (right hand side of the screen) then select download zip.

That will give you a zip file, which you can then install into Kodi as normal with the Install from Zip option in the addons browser (you will of course need to move the zip file onto the vero device, or at least put it somewhere that the vero can access it)

@DarrenHill , thanks for explaining.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-03-05, 16:28)DarrenHill Wrote: For the Leia branch, click here to open it on GitHub, then click on the green "Clone or download" button (right hand side of the screen) then select download zip.

Thanks for the tip which worked very well. Sorry to derail the thread but I've but the zip file on my server. I assume now it's all set up I don't need the server to be on for Amber to work. ie it doesn't need to constantly access the zip once installed.
Thanks again.
Once it's installed you can delete the zip file you installed from.

As part of the install process it is copied into the packages directory within the Kodi file tree, plus the content itself is unzipped and put in that tree as well. But the original zip you installed from can safely be discarded.

Kodi Blog Posts
@Captain_Tactful, @figrin_dan, please check out the latest version of Amber (GitHub or Amber repo). I have added the option to only search locally. You will find it in Settings, Amber Settings, Search. Let me know if this suits your needs. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
REQUEST: Use the new search without adding Youtube and force to search locally only.0