Background notifications
Is there any way to display what's going on in the background, as a notification or small popup?

For instance, you run "Video scanning"... and you'll see nothing in the GUI, even when it finishes. How do I know that something is running? In that example, I may check the kodi.log and see it's completed or not, but that's no the point.
The goal is to display some information to the user in order to let him know that something (normally an user action) is running in the background.

Is there any setting or for the time being, is that not possible?
(2019-11-04, 15:02)Crashillo Wrote: Is there any way to display what's going on in the background, as a notification or small popup?

For instance, you run "Video scanning"... and you'll see nothing in the GUI, even when it finishes. How do I know that something is running? In that example, I may check the kodi.log and see it's completed or not, but that's no the point.
The goal is to display some information to the user in order to let him know that something (normally an user action) is running in the background.

Go to settings media/library and unhide show progress of library updates
(2019-11-04, 15:31)Harro Wrote:
(2019-11-04, 15:02)Crashillo Wrote: Is there any way to display what's going on in the background, as a notification or small popup?

Go to settings media/library and unhide show progress of library updates 

That was unchecked from the beginning
Not sure if there are any other settings, but when I scan my media I see the scanner working. Might want to look through your info providers and see if anything in them are hiding that info from displaying.
(2019-11-04, 15:55)Harro Wrote: Not sure if there are any other settings, but when I scan my media I see the scanner working. Might want to look through your info providers and see if anything in them are hiding that info from displaying.
Hmmm, quite odd. I figured this out resetting the skin defaults. Now I see the updating progress.
Cheers, anyway

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Background notifications0