Date added not actually the date when added
I use tmm to edit meta data for my files I watch in kodi. My problem is that in kodi under „recently added“ it doesn’t show the movies I added just now. I read that tmm uses the creation date of the movie file as „date added“, but this is not the date I added them to my library. Is there a way to make tmm to use the date when I actually added the file to the library? It is no issue if this date changes when I move the file. Once I have it in the library it will never be moved.
(2019-11-04, 23:27)Kincaid Wrote: I use tmm to edit meta data for my files I watch in kodi. My problem is that in kodi under „recently added“ it doesn’t show the movies I added just now. I read that tmm uses the creation date of the movie file as „date added“, but this is not the date I added them to my library. Is there a way to make tmm to use the date when I actually added the file to the library? It is no issue if this date changes when I move the file. Once I have it in the library it will never be moved.
I noticed this - file creation date, I always refer to the source folder (Video >> Files) when adding so the totals tally and can visually check if its a tick or folder icon plus they are sorted alphabetically 'the' isn't dropped.
I'm not sure if the dateadded .nfo value is honored by Kodi.

You can try to modify the advancedsettings.xml of Kodi

Code:

<videolibrary>
<dateadded>0</dateadded>
</videolibrary>

see: https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....deolibrary
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2019-11-05, 22:34)sualfred Wrote: I'm not sure if the dateadded .nfo value is honored by Kodi.

You can try to modify the advancedsettings.xml of Kodi

Code:

<videolibrary>
<dateadded>0</dateadded>
</videolibrary>

see: https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....deolibrary

It definitely is. When I sort by recently added I don’t get all the movies that are recently added, they are sorted by the dateadded value.

I’ll try that setting.

@fsurfer Sorry, I don't understand your post.

Edit: I tried but it didn't work. The problem is I don't know if I did it correct. My Kodi is running on an Fire TV Stick 4K. I use adbLink to connect to Kodi like I did with my old Fire TV Stick 1st Gen. but when I connected to my old stick I saw the folders and files in the file manager in adbLink. When I do the same with the new Fire TV Stick 4K the file explorer shows nothing. I know I am connected correctly because I can still push files to the Stick and I see them in the file manager in kodi. But I can't navigate through folders, I can only push to folders from the dropdown menu in adbLink's file manager. I tried pasting /data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ in the directory field, click go and then push the xml but movies are still imported with the date added value from the nfo. I also can't confirm I pushed the file correctly because I can't navigate to /root/ in kodi's file manager, all I see at the lowest level are my added sources and one entry named "Profile directory". I don't know why it is different to my old Stick, maybe some issues with permissions?

Edit2: I managed to move the xml to the correct folder but kodi is still not using the acutal date when the file is added to the library. My xml looks like this:

<advancedsettings version="1.0">
    <dateadded>0</dateadded>
</advancedsettings>

The file is named advancedsettings.xml and is located under /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/.
I've just reviewed the whole logic and we decided to (partly) revert the changes from 4 years ago: 

a) the date added in tmm will be the date when the entry has been added to tmm
b) we read the creation time from the main video file
c) we will add a dedicated option to let the user choose between the two dates being used for different parts of tmm (sort by dateadded, written into the NFO, ...)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2019-11-11, 14:38)mlaggner Wrote: c) we will add a dedicated option to let the user choose between the two dates being used for different parts of tmm (sort by dateadded, written into the NFO, ...)

Hi @mlaggner,
is this already there? I just found an option in general, which seems to affect the date added for sorting in tmm only. I can't find a setting, which date should be written to NFO... I'd like to have the file date there again.
(2020-01-27, 23:32)Hawkeye09 Wrote:
(2019-11-11, 14:38)mlaggner Wrote: c) we will add a dedicated option to let the user choose between the two dates being used for different parts of tmm (sort by dateadded, written into the NFO, ...)

Hi @mlaggner,
is this already there? I just found an option in general, which seems to affect the date added for sorting in tmm only. I can't find a setting, which date should be written to NFO... I'd like to have the file date there again.  
I also really need an option to force the date added field in the NFO, not just on scanning but as a bulk edit feature. Be really useful to be able to choose the video file creation or last modified date or whichever is a) the oldest or b) the newest
(2020-01-29, 23:27)Phil.M Wrote:
(2020-01-27, 23:32)Hawkeye09 Wrote:

Hi @mlaggner,
I also really need an option to force the date added field in the NFO, not just on scanning but as a bulk edit feature. Be really useful to be able to choose the video file creation or last modified date or whichever is a) the oldest or b) the newest
there was no solution?
there has been an option for writing this into the NFO file for a while now..
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2020-12-03, 08:04)mlaggner Wrote: [font][font]ha habido una opción para escribir esto en el archivo NFO por un tiempo.[/font][/font]

could you explain me please? I want kodi to order it as it is in windows explorer (by modification date)
https://www.tinymediamanager.org/docs/mo...o-settings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Date added not actually the date when added0