• 157(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
The latest nightly detects audio codecs, but hd codecs aren't detected correctly. For example instead of dtshd_ma I only get dts.
Hey all, got a question:

I use ME exclusively for music. I'd like to export a list of the Artists I have. I installed the 3 options under the Export setting, but nothing gives me the option to export music. Is there a way to get a text, csv, xls, xml, or any other type of format for music? It's for a project I'm working on and would really love a solution if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks
(2019-11-05, 04:07)RonnieG3 Wrote: Hey all, got a question:

I use ME exclusively for music. I'd like to export a list of the Artists I have. I installed the 3 options under the Export setting, but nothing gives me the option to export music. Is there a way to get a text, csv, xls, xml, or any other type of format for music? It's for a project I'm working on and would really love a solution if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm sorry but MediaElch does not yet support exporting of artist and albums. :/

Regards,
Andre
MediaElch: Thread v2.10.6 | GitHub | Docs | Blog
Hi Andre

Excellent job with ME. My favorite media manager for a long time.

Question: Why when scraping from iMDb the certification it's not fully scraped?. I mean for example... for the -How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World-, it scraps only the "Rated PG" and not "Rated PG for adventure action and some mild rude humor"

If it's iMDb api issue is there any other way to get that info for a bunch of movies?. I am rebuilding my library and i have about 400-500 movies and to update each one manually it's kinda hard!

Cheers
Nessus
(2019-11-11, 01:56)nessus Wrote: Question: Why when scraping from iMDb the certification it's not fully scraped?. I mean for example... for the -How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World-, it scraps only the "Rated PG" and not "Rated PG for adventure action and some mild rude humor"

If it's iMDb api issue is there any other way to get that info for a bunch of movies?. I am rebuilding my library and i have about 400-500 movies and to update each one manually it's kinda hard!

Hi,

it's how we scrape movie details from IMDb. We scrape details from IMDb's website and the certificate is stored as '"contentRating": "PG-13",' without any further details. Even though you see more information (e.g. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0240772/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2 ) like "Rated PG-13 for some language and sexual content" we don't scrape that. That line isn't tagged in a way that makes it easy for us to scrape (it's only text that does not have any tags like "certificate: ").
I'm sorry but I don't plan on changing that anytime soon. :/

Regards,
Andre
Yea... ι imagined it was a IMDB issue but i thought to ask just to be sure.

Are you aware of any other way to do this just for one time for a bunch of movies ?.

In any case thank you for your answer and if its possible just put it in your to-do-list.

Cheers
Nessus
Hi all

I use ME to scrape for films. Is there any way to make it display posters from all languages instead of just English?
It used to display posters from every language but now seems only to show Enlish posters.
If you toggle the language then ME will show posters from that other language plus English, but it does not ever show posters from all languages.
Was this changed recently? Is there a way to change it back or adjust a setting so that posters from all languages are shown?

THanks
(2019-11-14, 16:58)nessus Wrote: Are you aware of any other way to do this just for one time for a bunch of movies ?.

Hi there,

I don't know, actually. Maybe some other scraper does support it, but at the moment I don't know of any. :/
(2019-11-21, 00:24)Tstrbl Wrote: Is there any way to make it display posters from all languages instead of just English?
It used to display posters from every language but now seems only to show Enlish posters.
If you toggle the language then ME will show posters from that other language plus English, but it does not ever show posters from all languages.
Was this changed recently? Is there a way to change it back or adjust a setting so that posters from all languages are shown?

If I remember correctly, it was actually an issue that all languages were displayed. That was never intended. There is currently no way to show posters for all languages, sorry.

Regards,
Andre
I have been using MediaElch for years (thank you). I haven't changed anything over the years except to copy in a new version. When I copied in version 2.6.2 I didn't change the location of my "Concerts". It picks up and scans my movies, my TV Shows & music but suddenly it scans concerts but they do not show up?
Any ideas about how to fix this?
I have tried other versions, taking out settings and then adding them again, I have take out my c:\Mediaelch folder and started over and I just can't get concerts to show up?

Thank you
(2019-10-31, 02:59)spong_miester Wrote: Think I may have spotted a bug... The last 2.6.2 nightly isn't detecting the audio codec, It's finding the correct channels but codec is completly blank

Also the grey text in the box should label 'codec' not 'Channels'

Text Error

Hi Yes I have the same problem.

I downloaded the nightly (27th Nov) and it is working.
(2019-11-30, 04:32)melons2 Wrote: I have been using MediaElch for years (thank you). I haven't changed anything over the years except to copy in a new version. When I copied in version 2.6.2 I didn't change the location of my "Concerts". It picks up and scans my movies, my TV Shows & music but suddenly it scans concerts but they do not show up?
I have tried other versions, taking out settings and then adding them again, I have take out my c:\Mediaelch folder and started over and I just can't get concerts to show up?

Thank you

Hi,

mmhh... I don't know of such issues, tbh. So does no concert show up at all? I know that due to some changes scraper settings were lost but concerts shouldn't have been touched. Do you have a "advancedsettings.xml"?
(2019-12-03, 03:26)civicguy Wrote: Hi Yes I have the same problem.

I downloaded the nightly (27th Nov) and it is working.

So the nightly from 2019-11-27 works just fine? :-)
I wasn't able to reproduce the issue you have. Could you tell me what the developer information in "About -> Developer" says?
(2019-12-03, 13:35)bugwelle Wrote:
(2019-11-30, 04:32)melons2 Wrote: I have been using MediaElch for years (thank you). I haven't changed anything over the years except to copy in a new version. When I copied in version 2.6.2 I didn't change the location of my "Concerts". It picks up and scans my movies, my TV Shows & music but suddenly it scans concerts but they do not show up?

Thank you

Hi,

mmhh... I don't know of such issues, tbh. So does no concert show up at all? I know that due to some changes scraper settings were lost but concerts shouldn't have been touched. Do you have a "advancedsettings.xml"? 
No "advancedsettings.xml" other than the one in my Kodi sub-directory. It scans the folder, I can see the titles rapid firing away, but when it quits scanning it shows no concerts. My movies, TV shows, music scan and then it shows all in those drive\sub-directories....plus highlighting new ones..............concerts nothing?
Anyone notice that The TVDB and Fanart.tv aren't Loading Posters (main show, and season posters). Is this related to the TVDB maintenance, and not sure what it is for Fanart.tv...

Anyone have a fix for this, or is the latest nightly needed for these fixes?
  • 157(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9