Dolby Atmos, dts:X, TrueHD and , HD, UHD, UHD HDR10, UHD Dolby Vision logo/cover
Hi guys,

I ve been away for almost 8 years but I m back with a "wife-proof" HT living room Smile

I bought a NVIDIA SHIELD and installed Kodi on it with Aeon MQ as skin and the List View.

I want to be able to see which audio is supported on the movie and also which video. 

With this I mean that I want to have both a "sign" to see the audio and video support of the movie.

So when hovering over a movie you can for example see that it is a movie with Dolby Vision and Atmos support, or a movie with HDR10 and TrueHD support, or a movie with Standard def 1080p and DTS:x support. These are just some examples, you guys get the point I think.

Is is best to look for a solution in "cover area" (covers outside the poster of a movie) or "flags area" (signs at the bottom of the list view when selecting a movie).

Maybe someone has done this before and can help me out.
Don't dream your life, live your dream
(2019-11-02, 15:51)THX-UltraII Wrote: Hi guys,

I ve been away for almost 8 years but I m back with a "wife-proof" HT living room Smile

I bought a NVIDIA SHIELD and installed Kodi on it with Aeon MQ as skin and the List View.

I want to be able to see which audio is supported on the movie and also which video. 

With this I mean that I want to have both a "sign" to see the audio and video support of the movie.

So when hovering over a movie you can for example see that it is a movie with Dolby Vision and Atmos support, or a movie with HDR10 and TrueHD support, or a movie with Standard def 1080p and DTS:x support. These are just some examples, you guys get the point I think.

Is is best to look for a solution in "cover area" (covers outside the poster of a movie) or "flags area" (signs at the bottom of the list view when selecting a movie).

The following screenshots are a few examples of what you're looking for. This is from my modified version of Aeon MQ8. Includes flags for HDR, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, Dolby Atmos, dts-X, Auro 3D, IMAX, IMAX Enhanced, and proper object based audio channels.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Display: LG OLED77C9 | A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H | 2019 Nvidia Shield Tv Pro | Apple TV 4K | 2017 Roku Ultra | HTPC | Game PC | PS5 
Wow, that looks pretty neat if you ask me!

Can you help me on my way how to configurate this?
Don't dream your life, live your dream
I second that, those look great!
@ blackreign66 , seems very interesting , where is it this yours modification for version of Aeon MQ8 ? you can share.
@blackreign66  I notice that you have other color flags, like HDR+ and Dolby Vision.
I dont have those in my addon of collor flags, Link

Can you let us now where you get those extra's ?

BM
Ok for the few who asked about my custom flags, I've included a dropbox link with a copy of my modified Aeon MQ8 skin below. You could look through it to pick out what you want or you could copy and paste it over your own. Just remember to remove the texture.xbt file within your media folder, otherwise it will overwrite my modified files. My texture.xbt is unpacked.

skin.aeonmq8

Within this folder, the Media and the XML folders are the ones with all the modifications and additional flags. The flags appear from properly naming your movie files with the names of the files in the Media folder. Examples are "The Matrix.dv.12bit.4K.atmos.mkv" or "American Gangster.HDR2.10bit.4K.dtsx.mkv". Any questions, just ask and I will do my best to help you.
Display: LG OLED77C9 | A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H | 2019 Nvidia Shield Tv Pro | Apple TV 4K | 2017 Roku Ultra | HTPC | Game PC | PS5 
(2019-11-07, 02:16)blackreign66 Wrote: Ok for the few who asked about my custom flags, I've included a dropbox link with a copy of my modified Aeon MQ8 skin below. You could look through it to pick out what you want or you could copy and paste it over your own. Just remember to remove the texture.xbt file within your media folder, otherwise it will overwrite my modified files. My texture.xbt is unpacked.

skin.aeonmq8

Within this folder, the Media and the XML folders are the ones with all the modifications and additional flags. The flags appear from properly naming your movie files with the names of the files in the Media folder. Examples are "The Matrix.dv.12bit.4K.atmos.mkv" or "American Gangster.HDR2.10bit.4K.dtsx.mkv". Any questions, just ask and I will do my best to help you.
Thank you for your share!
Is yours modified after Latts most recent MQ8 update and include his changes as well as yours?

Thank you
(2019-11-07, 05:13)melons2 Wrote:
(2019-11-07, 02:16)blackreign66 Wrote: Ok for the few who asked about my custom flags, I've included a dropbox link with a copy of my modified Aeon MQ8 skin below. You could look through it to pick out what you want or you could copy and paste it over your own. Just remember to remove the texture.xbt file within your media folder, otherwise it will overwrite my modified files. My texture.xbt is unpacked.

skin.aeonmq8

Is yours modified after Latts most recent MQ8 update and include his changes as well as yours?

Thank you 

No, my modifications were from Aeon MQ8s original release. I attempted to try and merge Latts modifications but I lost patience and gave up. I really love his work and maybe one day I will give it another go.
(2019-11-07, 07:24)blackreign66 Wrote:
(2019-11-07, 05:13)melons2 Wrote:

skin.aeonmq8

Thank you  

No, my modifications were from Aeon MQ8s original release. I attempted to try and merge Latts modifications but I lost patience and gave up. I really love his work and maybe one day I will give it another go. 
Can you tell me which of the xml files you edited and I can put them (the two MOD's) together.

Thanks

skin.aeonmq8

Thank you very much for sharing your changes , and thanks in advance a melons2 , if you can such changes in the mod Aeon MQ8 by Latts.
(2019-11-02, 23:13)blackreign66 Wrote:
(2019-11-02, 15:51)THX-UltraII Wrote: Hi guys,

The following screenshots are a few examples of what you're looking for. This is from my modified version of Aeon MQ8. Includes flags for HDR, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, Dolby Atmos, dts-X, Auro 3D, IMAX, IMAX Enhanced, and proper object based audio channels.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage 
hello, can you tell me what you did to get the clear art up at the top? Would you be kind enugh to share your settings? Thanks in advance!
↯ Ω ☿
If I've helped you, dont forget to give me 👍! Thank you and never stop rocking on! 🤘
(2019-11-07, 08:06)melons2 Wrote:
(2019-11-07, 07:24)blackreign66 Wrote:
(2019-11-07, 05:13)melons2 Wrote: Thank you for your share!

Thank you  

Can you tell me which of the xml files you edited and I can put them (the two MOD's) together.

Thanks  
@melons2 The following xml files are the ones I fiddled with through a process of trial and error to achieve my results. I mainly use showcase view, so that view was my focus. 
ViewShowCase.xml
DialogVideoInfo.xml
DialogFullScreenInfo.xml
IncludesWidgets.xml
Includes.xml
IncludesVariables.xml
MyVideoNav.xml
ViewSets.xml
ViewPoster.xml

The following screenshots are of the changes to the info screen, home widget screen, showcase view to which I use the original TvTunes to automatically play the movie trailer when you hover over it for a certain amount of time. I believe Latts has been given permission to revive TvTunes, so it should be obtainable from him if you are interested. The trailer starts playing in the middle window of the showcase view. Screenshot of John Wick 3 showcase view shows an example. I credit @latts9923 for the info screen format from way back with his Aeon MQ7 Mod. 
ImageImageImage
How do they install? If I try to install the .zip file it says installation failed
@blackreign66 
Great looking sets.
I wonder if they are compatible with MQ7 as well.
Will it work if I overwrite my MQ7 Media and XML folders?
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby Atmos, dts:X, TrueHD and , HD, UHD, UHD HDR10, UHD Dolby Vision logo/cover0