Transfer of addon repo, issue for Kodi?
Question 
If I were to transfer the repo (source) for an addon from its current owner to a new owner, would that be an issue for Kodi?
Do I need to register/deregister somewhere for updates to be accepted to the offical addon repo?
(2019-11-06, 21:23)linqcan Wrote: If I were to transfer the repo (source) for an addon from its current owner to a new owner, would that be an issue for Kodi?
Do I need to register/deregister somewhere for updates to be accepted to the offical addon repo?

It depends on how active the original developer is; Every attempt should be made to push updates upstream to the original developer's repository (Source).
Usually, Kodi only accepts updates from the original author. However, If they are MIA exceptions are made in order to maintain working code in the Kodi repository.

Any particulars? which plugin?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2019-11-06, 21:29)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2019-11-06, 21:23)linqcan Wrote: If I were to transfer the repo (source) for an addon from its current owner to a new owner, would that be an issue for Kodi?

It depends on how active the original developer is; Every attempt should be made to push updates upstream to the original developer's repository (Source).
Usually, Kodi only accepts updates from the original author. However, If they are MIA exceptions are made in order to maintain working code in the Kodi repository.

Any particulars? which plugin? 

Thank you for your answer.

To clarify, we (original and current developer) want to transfer the source from the original developer (inactive) to the current developer.
The reason for this is to be able to administer repo services such as Travis etc. without engaging the original developer.
To add, the original author is not MIA but wants to transfer the repo.

plugin.video.svtplay is the addon in specific.
(2019-11-07, 15:19)linqcan Wrote: To add, the original author is not MIA but wants to transfer the repo.

@Lunatixz @enen92 
What would be required from Kodi to change the "source" for an addon?
How do we go about?
(2020-12-27, 23:25)linqcan Wrote:
(2019-11-07, 15:19)linqcan Wrote: To add, the original author is not MIA but wants to transfer the repo.

@Lunatixz @enen92 
What would be required from Kodi to change the "source" for an addon?
How do we go about?

Guess there are two options: 
1: Have to original author transfer ownership of his repo to you / or / have him add you as a contributor with full privileges and you can create PR's from the original repository. 
2: Fork the project to your repository, create a PR to Kodi's repo with your changes, and with the first commit ping the original author in the PR's comments, so we can acknowledge authorship transfer.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
OK, so we (me and @nilzen) have created an organziation that owns the source of this addon as a solution the question of ownership. The old repo URL redirects to the new organization URL, hence nothing is changed in addon.xml etc due to this. This works best for us, hope it works for you too. Addon updates will be submitted as before (me doing PRs), so no change there.

https://github.com/kodi-svtplay/xbmc-svtplay

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transfer of addon repo, issue for Kodi?0