Recently Added Movies
Hello, I just upgraded to Leia and installed Amber, I have been using Amber since I 1st started using Kodi years ago, I love the skin! 1 problem I am having is that previously when I went to the Movie shelf it would shows the 25 recently added movies on the screen, it no longer is doing that, is there an option that I am missing? I added an example below of what I used to see, now the main screen is blank with just the shelf options below

It's because now Amber work with skinshortcuts, which means you can customize shelfs however you want. By default Amber come without any shelf, but is easy to add some.
To add the recently added movies shelf you just need to go:
Settings > Amber Settings > Home Layout > Customize Home Menu and Shelves >
Go to Movies menu > Select Shelf 1 > Shelf 1 > Default Shelves > Movies > Recently Added Movies > (you can put another name if you want) >
In "Sort By" put "Date Added" and in "Sort Order" put "Descending". Shelf limit is the number of items.
Done!

You have more settings to customize too Smile

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-11-10, 18:19)edjalmo Wrote: It's because now Amber work with skinshortcuts, which means you can customize shelfs however you want. By default Amber come without any shelf, but is easy to add some.
Go to Movies menu > Select Shelf 1 > Shelf 1 > Default Shelves > Movies > Recently Added Movies > (you can put another name if you want) >
In "Sort By" put "Date Added" and in "Sort Order" put "Descending". Shelf limit is the number of items.
Done!

Awesome! worked perfectly! thanks! I was going crazy trying to figure that out!
(2019-11-11, 03:08)pnnr06 Wrote:
(2019-11-10, 18:19)edjalmo Wrote: It's because now Amber work with skinshortcuts, which means you can customize shelfs however you want. By default Amber come without any shelf, but is easy to add some.
Done!

is there a way to have the shelf display at the bottom of the screen just above the menus instead of the middle of the screen?

(2019-11-15, 04:51)pnnr06 Wrote:
(2019-11-11, 03:08)pnnr06 Wrote:
(2019-11-10, 18:19)edjalmo Wrote:  

(2019-11-15, 04:53)pnnr06 Wrote: is there a way to have the shelf display at the bottom of the screen just above the menus instead of the middle of the screen?

No.
However you can enable the option "Show double row shelf", inside the shelf you want, and it will show this way:

yea, i saw that but was wanting to show more of the background... ill have to see about requesting it as a feature. thanks for the help!
(2019-11-15, 20:06)pnnr06 Wrote: yea, i saw that but was wanting to show more of the background... ill have to see about requesting it as a feature. thanks for the help!

Understand!
In the meantime you can use the option "Hide Shelves when not focused" in movie shelve, this way they will not show the shelfs unless you press up button.
I know that this not what you want but could work.
Take a look.

Show this way:

But when you press up button:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently Added Movies0