Req add XBMCVK_SUBTITLE key
Brick 
Dedicated virtual key for Subtitles is missing.
The button is present on many remote controls handled as keyboard in the system, so it worth to have proper virtual key for it.

The key already has perfect match on all levels, so adding it to Kodi would be trivial:
Linux kernel: KEY_SUBTITLE
XKB: XKB_KEY_XF86Subtitle

If no objection but devs have no time for it, I could make the PR myself.
Just need to add it to these files:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...C_keysym.h
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...MC_vkeys.h
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ytable.cpp
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...yboard.cpp

@lrusak
(2019-11-12, 01:49)bam80 Wrote: If no objection but devs have no time for it, I could make the PR myself.
PRs are always welcome. Smile
@Klojum, could you please review the PR?
(2019-11-12, 23:59)bam80 Wrote: could you please review the PR?
I could, but that would be pointless as I'm not a developer myself. Big Grin

Also, you tagged 2 people who are no longer part of Team Kodi.
Davilla has retired and sraue has been MIA for some 3 years now.

And... "Sorry, building this PR failed. Please check the logs for the errors. "
Seems like something needs to be fixed first in your PR.
(2019-11-13, 13:27)Klojum Wrote: And... "Sorry, building this PR failed. Please check the logs for the errors. "
Seems like something needs to be fixed first in your PR. 
That is the build system issues.

So maybe you could point some devs then? Or I should just stay and wait when someone would pick it up?
(2019-11-12, 07:27)Klojum Wrote: PRs are always welcome. Smile

Unfortunately, seems they are not welcome at all. I'm waiting over a week and still no response, even when I asked personally..
We're currently dealing with a skeleton crew, it's not like there is an abundance of Kodi developers available.
And Kodi has volunteers, not employees. So personal lives can take over at any time.

I'm not a developer myself, but I'll try and pinch them again.

Quote:EDIT: "@lrusak Oh, I wanted to rename the branch but couldn't find the way to change it here afterwards. Sorry Smile"

Does your submit need any changes in any way? You need help in renaming/rebasing as suggested?
Actually, for now I'm first speaking about this PR: fix clashing XBMCK_EJECT and XBMCK_FAVORITES
It's obvious two-line fix doesn't requiring time to consider. And still, everyone keep silence..
I'm personally do not see possibility to further contribute for myself in such conditions.
It kills all enthusiasm, didn't expect such attitude from the project..
(2019-11-21, 19:22)bam80 Wrote: Actually, for now I'm first speaking about this PR: fix clashing XBMCK_EJECT and XBMCK_FAVORITES
It's obvious two-line fix doesn't requiring time to consider. And still, everyone keep silence..
I'm personally do not see possibility to further contribute for myself in such conditions.
It kills all enthusiasm, didn't expect such attitude from the project..
Man, the team explained to you that they are running short of developers. Without even being a developer it's easy to understand how the queue can form. Of stuff to check, corrections to make, etc.

Your PR is one line of code. Easy to check. But maybe "in front" of your PR there's others more complex that are being examined on a "first come, first served basis".

Furthermore, why the angst? It's one line of code. It's not as if somebody outright rejected you? You wrote here, a team member is answering and explaining stuff. Be patient, these are volunteers we're talking about.
I personally thank you for taking the time to contribute, wish I could do it myself.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2019-11-20, 23:17)bam80 Wrote:
(2019-11-12, 07:27)Klojum Wrote: PRs are always welcome. Smile

Unfortunately, seems they are not welcome at all. I'm waiting over a week and still no response, even when I asked personally.. 

There appear to be 178 PRs in the Kodi GitHub at the moment - with a small number of volunteer developers these things take time to work through.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
add XBMCVK_SUBTITLE key0