Solved [REQUEST] Disney+
So, this is likely a premature request at this point however you may have seen Disney+ preview what its service is going to look like and for what platforms it will be available. Ref link: http:// https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/...-star-wars

Seeing what platforms it’s to be available for (Android TV, Apple TV, Rocku) what are the chances we could get a bit of development for Kodi? I’m asking of course for a legit addon for a paid subscription, much like the current Netflix InputAdaptive addon which works great.

Thanks everyone.
Have a feeling within days of a release Disney would issue a takedown... Feel the same with CBS all access.

Guess if someone is willing to take the chance it would be cool to have a plugin.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I am pretty sure that the amount of movies and tv series that disney has bought licenses will make this task worth the risk. Neither Amazon nor Netflix stopped the addons for good so far.
+1 for an addon like netflix addon, but then for disney+

It would be cool if kodi can play a role to bring everything together

So if i got netflix, disney+, and own movies on a nas..
Kodi should be able to bundle all Smile even live tv

1 one place for everything, more sort like plex is doing, but with the difference that kodi doesnt offer an own license but just bundle existing licenses
There is a trial out and a basic android app for dutch users, maybe it can serve as a jump start to developing an addon?
(2019-09-12, 17:46)kuluba Wrote: There is a trial out and a basic android app for dutch users, maybe it can serve as a jump start to developing an addon?

Disney+ doesn't seem to work on linux and chrome. So probably also won't work on Kodi
(2019-10-23, 19:06)DrunkCPU Wrote:
(2019-09-12, 17:46)kuluba Wrote: There is a trial out and a basic android app for dutch users, maybe it can serve as a jump start to developing an addon?

Disney+ doesn't seem to work on linux and chrome. So probably also won't work on Kodi
Yes, seems that only Widevine Level 1 is supported so far...
See also here -> https://hansdegoede.livejournal.com/22338.html
NVIDIA Shield, H270M-Plus (i3-7100),NUC7i3BNH,WeTekHub,Pi2,Win10Server.
Just throwing some additional interest in this thread.  While I would most definitely want cross platform support for Kodi on Linux, my assumption (based on the referenced thread from @debutanker ) I'd assume our installations on Windows hosts wouldn't suffer from the same error and/or limitation with the Widevine error.
+1 for this request, today the official launch of Disney's Originals has started and the trial period ended issueing a worldwide release.
However owning a Philips TV and no other android TV boxes because I have a NAS Media Server with kodi I can only watch Disney on my Desktop PC or Tablet.
Which is quite annoying, I'm not sure how fast Disney will be in increasing the amount of Compatible devices in my opinion every smart TV should be support not just a few if you want to be succesfull as a streaming service otherwise you'll die down soon after the hype.
Comfort is THE most important selling point for streaming services so it's quite dumb if Netflix, Amazon and Disney would not support the use of addons in Kodi. Several Premium Streaming devices like RealDebrid do, so why not them?
Either way since Kodi is my biggest GO TO device for watching series I'd love for it to be able to stream my Disney Plus account ofcourse in the Legit way.
(2019-11-12, 15:31)chibichiii Wrote: Several Premium Streaming devices like ...

Please don't mention or discuss add-ons that facilitate video piracy.
You "promised" that, when you accepted our forum rules during registration.
It's not a premium streaming service, it's an aggregator for most of the dodgy pirated crap that's floating around the internet. Hence why it's a banned addon (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
+1 for Disney+ addon
It (mostly) works through web browsers so it seems possible...
Seems that some stuff is downloadable to local disk to offset slow connections and outage. Maybe this could be made usable in an addon too.
Hey, so we just purchased Disney+, and guess what! It now works perfectly fine on Linux!

I'm not sure what changed or when, but I just sampled a couple movies (Coco and Avengers: Endgame), on the native Linux version of Chrome, and they played just fine. So, does this mean that a Kodi addon might be possible now, since it can use Chrome's Widevine?
Disney lowered DRM settings and now Disney+ works on Linux etc.
All I have is LibreELEC and a tv controller, so this will be perfect for my mom!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Disney+1