[split] What's on the horizon...
has this been released? i can't find anything on github. i beleive this was anounced over a month ago so i'm sure i'm missing something.
(2019-10-28, 14:46)03stevensmi Wrote: has this been released? i can't find anything on github. i beleive this was anounced over a month ago so i'm sure i'm missing something.

It has not been released yet.
(2019-11-11, 22:37)Lunatixz Wrote: PseudoTV Live v.0.9.x will be released in controlled updates to my beta repository. Since this is still essentially the older project and a BETA for my sanity it's easier to address user issues when the feature set is low, then crank it up weekly.
So are these still on the horizon? We're almost 3 months from this announcement, how far is the horizon exactly?
(2019-11-14, 16:21)jpbelanger79 Wrote:
(2019-11-11, 22:37)Lunatixz Wrote: PseudoTV Live v.0.9.x will be released in controlled updates to my beta repository. Since this is still essentially the older project and a BETA for my sanity it's easier to address user issues when the feature set is low, then crank it up weekly.
So are these still on the horizon? We're almost 3 months from this announcement, how far is the horizon exactly? 
About 12.2 miles at sea level xD

Be patient, if Lunatixz previous work is anything to go by then it will be well worth the wait.
(2019-11-15, 20:11)Lunatixz Wrote: Sorry for unexpected delays; I'm juggling multiple projects... I need to fix two broken plugins (Transponder.TV and Locast) along with updating Sling.TV & Pluto.TV before I can think of releasing something new.

I appreciate the update - as I'm sure everyone else ardently following PseudoTV Live does - however, you should know that you never need to justifiy yourself to us or to anyone. As previous commentors have stated - PseudoTV Live/QuasiTV will be worth the wait. Having said that - I am really looking forward to updates to PseudoTV Live and also eager to try out QuasiTV!
Lunatixz,

Any update for us, who anxiously await, for a release date of PTLive?

Thank you,
(2019-11-15, 19:59)JohnnyParanoia Wrote:
(2019-11-14, 16:21)jpbelanger79 Wrote:

Be patient, if Lunatixz previous work is anything to go by then it will be well worth the wait.  
I've been patiently waiting for 4 years. Lunatixz doesn't owe us anything, but I hate being trolled into waiting for something that is supposedly incoming and just keeps getting delayed. For 4 years.
(2019-12-19, 22:31)jpbelanger79 Wrote:
(2019-11-15, 19:59)JohnnyParanoia Wrote:
(2019-11-14, 16:21)jpbelanger79 Wrote: So are these still on the horizon? We're almost 3 months from this announcement, how far is the horizon exactly?   

I've been patiently waiting for 4 years. Lunatixz doesn't owe us anything, but I hate being trolled into waiting for something that is supposedly incoming and just keeps getting delayed. For 4 years.
Does it matter? You're going to have to wait for the release no matter what happens.

If it takes another four years, that's four more years of waiting. Post after post whining about the state of things changes nothing in any direction. You're still going to have to wait.

Want to find some sort of alternative? Want to start using a fork and code into it the improvements we've seen in previews and so on? Guess what? You're still going to have to wait for the alternatives to catch up, for any forks to add features and improvements. You're going to have to wait.

Want to throw your hands up and declare no addon for Kodi can possibly be good enough and walk away? Good luck to you, but you're still going to have to wait.

Nothing we can do can make things happen any faster than they are. It will be released when Lunatixz decides it's ready to be released. If nothing else, trust in the coders who make the main application--surely they would have said something by now if this was an issue of vaporware, and they haven't said anything of the kind. Since there have been mentions of deeper integration within Kodi itself I can't imagine the key developers are unaware of the addon or its progress.

So sit back and try to enjoy the wait. We're going to be waiting anyway, so might as well be comfortable. Relax. Breathe.
I think "why does he keep telling people it's coming soon if it's not" is a legitimate criticism. Somebody trying to get 0.8f working might hold off waiting for 0.9, which could still be 4 years out. Separating the work (which is great) from the messaging (which is not great) is fair, in my opinion.
(2019-12-20, 07:19)bornagainpengui Wrote:
(2019-12-19, 22:31)jpbelanger79 Wrote:
(2019-11-15, 19:59)JohnnyParanoia Wrote: About 12.2 miles at sea level xD

Does it matter? You're going to have to wait for the release no matter what happens.

If it takes another four years, that's four more years of waiting. Post after post whining about the state of things changes nothing in any direction. You're still going to have to wait.

Want to find some sort of alternative? Want to start using a fork and code into it the improvements we've seen in previews and so on? Guess what? You're still going to have to wait for the alternatives to catch up, for any forks to add features and improvements. You're going to have to wait.

Want to throw your hands up and declare no addon for Kodi can possibly be good enough and walk away? Good luck to you, but you're still going to have to wait.

Nothing we can do can make things happen any faster than they are. It will be released when Lunatixz decides it's ready to be released. If nothing else, trust in the coders who make the main application--surely they would have said something by now if this was an issue of vaporware, and they haven't said anything of the kind. Since there have been mentions of deeper integration within Kodi itself I can't imagine the key developers are unaware of the addon or its progress.

So sit back and try to enjoy the wait. We're going to be waiting anyway, so might as well be comfortable. Relax. Breathe.

Such a long reply and still misses my point: I don't like being trolled into waiting for something "that will come out soon" and ends up being years. I really don't understand how any question related to communications ends up with a "Man, you're being a jerk, just wait" response, but it feels like I'm being smothered into silence, and that too, I don't like it.
(2019-12-23, 14:02)odonne89 Wrote: I think "why does he keep telling people it's coming soon if it's not" is a legitimate criticism. Somebody trying to get 0.8f working might hold off waiting for 0.9, which could still be 4 years out. Separating the work (which is great) from the messaging (which is not great) is fair, in my opinion.

Exactly! Thanks!
(2019-12-20, 07:19)bornagainpengui Wrote: ... the improvements we've seen in previews and so on?

What improvements have we seen?
(2019-12-23, 16:40)Kriven Wrote:
(2019-12-20, 07:19)bornagainpengui Wrote: ... the improvements we've seen in previews and so on?

What improvements have we seen?
https://youtu.be/D3EhqGdj_ys

https://youtu.be/0OocxjnKrCU

https://youtu.be/Lp5Zszm210Y
(2019-12-23, 15:31)jpbelanger79 Wrote:
(2019-12-20, 07:19)bornagainpengui Wrote:
(2019-12-19, 22:31)jpbelanger79 Wrote: I've been patiently waiting for 4 years. Lunatixz doesn't owe us anything, but I hate being trolled into waiting for something that is supposedly incoming and just keeps getting delayed. For 4 years. 

Such a long reply and still misses my point: I don't like being trolled into waiting for something "that will come out soon" and ends up being years. I really don't understand how any question related to communications ends up with a "Man, you're being a jerk, just wait" response, but it feels like I'm being smothered into silence, and that too, I don't like it.
OK then, complain some more. No one's stopping you despite how annoying it is to see a post in this thread and excitedly opening it just to see more of the same tired complaints. You feel smothered if you can't whine? Well we certainly don't want that!

Just understand that despite how good it feels to complain it does nothing to motivate the developers whose threads you whine in. It doesn't make the release happen a moment sooner. You still have to wait just as much as you would have before you complained.

Seriously just trust the developers---if not Lunatixz at least trust the developers for Kodi itself. They'd have stepped in by now if there was nothing going on here. The fact that they haven't says a lot about it right there.

It will be released when it's ready.
(2019-12-23, 20:16)bornagainpengui Wrote:
(2019-12-23, 15:31)jpbelanger79 Wrote:
(2019-12-20, 07:19)bornagainpengui Wrote: Does it matter? You're going to have to wait for the release no matter what happens.

OK then, complain some more. No one's stopping you despite how annoying it is to see a post in this thread and excitedly opening it just to see more of the same tired complaints. You feel smothered if you can't whine? Well we certainly don't want that!

Just understand that despite how good it feels to complain it does nothing to motivate the developers whose threads you whine in. It doesn't make the release happen a moment sooner. You still have to wait just as much as you would have before you complained.

Seriously just trust the developers---if not Lunatixz at least trust the developers for Kodi itself. They'd have stepped in by now if there was nothing going on here. The fact that they haven't says a lot about it right there.

It will be released when it's ready. 

Dude you have a level-5 reputation. When you say "we", it seems you are talking for yourself. What do you personally have to do with me expressing a concern that is plain valid? I'm gonna continue talking about the delaying issues until the delaying issues are gone. Look away if you don't like it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] What's on the horizon...0