KODI won't show my cover.jpg albumart
Hi,

I have been using KODI for quite a while on a raspberry-pi using OSMC.
A few months ago I had to reinstall because the thing crashed (I have no idea why but the filesystem on the sd card just went FUBAR). So, I reinstalled using the latest OSMC release, which is at this moment running KODI 18.4.

I have ripped my album collection to flac files all with Artist\Album\Song.flac structure. In the 'Album' folder I have a cover.jpg or a cover.png for the album art.
Now, since the latest install it won't show my cover.png files.

This is in my advancedsettings.xml:
osmc@osmc:~/.kodi$ cat userdata/advancedsettings.xml
<advancedsettings version="1.0">
<musicthumbs>
  <remove>folder.jpg</remove>
  <add>cover.jpg</add>
  <add>cover.png</add>
</musicthumbs>
</advancedsettings>

Am I missing something? Is kodi 18 not reading this anymore?
This setting is still working as best I can see. Is the issue only  cover.png, with cover.jpg being picked up?

Can you post a debug log showing the scanning of a new album + cover.jp[g into the library please, see if that gives some clues.
Well at first I had <add>cover.jpg|cover.png</add> and even tried to turn it the other way because of this but without result.

With debug loggin on it does say it reads it (https://paste.kodi.tv/jepujiyivo.kodi)
This is what's in the log when I do a library update I just see this in the log (the blank lines is where I cut hundreds of (well almost) the same lines since it mentiones everything in our collection).
https://paste.kodi.tv/ugepokusaz.kodi
The log is useless. Please provide the full log.

If you go to the Information page for the album and select Choose Art, do you see the image?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
When I go to the information page for the album and select Choose Art, I can browse to the item folder and select the cover.png file. After that it is visible.
But it used to pick it up on a library update scan on all previous installations.
(2019-11-16, 00:02)Karellen Wrote: The log is useless. Please provide the full log.

There is nothing more in the log about this. The only thing I left out are other lines saying it's skipping directories because there's no change.
(2019-11-16, 00:23)HighKing Wrote: There is nothing more in the log about this. The only thing I left out are other lines saying it's skipping directories because there's no change. 
Like I said before can you post a debug log showing the scanning of a new album + cover.jpg into the library please, see if that gives some clues.Rescanning one that is already in the library is not going to show anything useful. Also a full log file is prefered rather than edited snippets.
OK, well I've got noting new to add so I renamed the directory of one album and tried again. https://paste.kodi.tv/rihadojiqu.kodi
I see nothing about cover.jpg/png in the log though.
I see that you have two advancedsettings.xml files in use and I wonder if one is not being read or your setting is in the wrong one? Worth a try to narrow down the possible issue

Your first advancedsettings.xml is here...
/usr/share/kodi/system

The second advancedsettings.xml file is here...
/home/osmc/.kodi/userdata and this one contains the cover.jpg tags

Add the <musicthumbs> tags to the first advancedsettings.xml file and see if it works. Leave the second file as is.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi, few months have passed... and now I finally have some shiny new cd's which off course had to be added to the flac-colletion.
Made sure at least on of them had a cover.png cover. Guess what... it just works.

So the only issue is that it's not picking up cover.png files for already added albums. I can live with that. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI won't show my cover.jpg albumart0