• 21(current)
Release TheMovieDB - TV Show scraper (XML)
I've found that some shows don't seem to get updated as regularly on TMDB as they do on TVDB (for example - My Horry Story has 7 episodes listed on TVDB, 4 on TMDB, and 6 have aired). Is this a recurring theme with maybe more obscure shows? Can anyone add them to the TMDB database?
(2019-11-14, 19:02)Arber Wrote: Can anyone add them to the TMDB database?
Yes, you can add them. TMDB is an open community database. Create an account and update the show. Unlike the TVDB, almost no shows are locked, but they do have a very active moderator team that checks edits in the background to prevent vandalism which is a different method to what TVDB does by locking shows.

(2019-11-14, 19:02)Arber Wrote: Is this a recurring theme with maybe more obscure shows?
Obscure=Not many viewers. So yes, if the few viewers don't chip in, then they won't be updated. These things don't happen auto-magically, though sometimes it does seem that way Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-14, 20:43)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-11-14, 19:02)Arber Wrote: Can anyone add them to the TMDB database?
Yes, you can add them. TMDB is an open community database. Create an account and update the show. Unlike the TVDB, almost no shows are locked, but they do have a very active moderator team that checks edits in the background to prevent vandalism which is a different method to what TVDB does by locking shows.
(2019-11-14, 19:02)Arber Wrote: Is this a recurring theme with maybe more obscure shows?
Obscure=Not many viewers. So yes, if the few viewers don't chip in, then they won't be updated. These things don't happen auto-magically, though sometimes it does seem that way Smile 

Thanks @Karellen. I've updated shows on TVDB in the past and had the moderator team delete my updates for whatever reasons, so I didn't want to go to the trouble with TMDB if the same principles applied - I'll look at using TMDB again soon and update the shows myself on their database for others to also use.
(2019-03-13, 10:38)Karellen Wrote: @scudlee or @olympia

I am at a loss to explain what is going wrong with this scrape here.

This is the TV Show... https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/68002-time...uage=en-US

This is my folder\file structure...

This is what I see in Kodi...

And this is the log... https://paste.kodi.tv/epidisafaj.kodi

Every episode is correctly identified by the scanner, but then the scraper becomes confused and allocates Episode 1 to episodes 6-12.

Any idea? Has there been a change at TheMovieDB?

---Edit---
Using Kodi v17.6 and scraper version 2.0.7 scrapes the show correctly.
Sorry about that, Got confused. I tried to quote it to ask if there was a solution to that first episode info scraping
No, no solution at this stage.

Which TV Show are you having problems with? Please provide the link from TheMovieDB.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-17, 21:49)Karellen Wrote: No, no solution at this stage.

Which TV Show are you having problems with? Please provide the link from TheMovieDB.

Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
Its only doing it for season 3
(2019-11-18, 11:18)Skeltom Wrote:
(2019-11-17, 21:49)Karellen Wrote: No, no solution at this stage.

Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
Its only doing it for season 3  
Edit - I believe this is the right log I see errors but I don't know to read it
Log File
@Skeltom

Thanks for the log and the link. I am able to replicate the problem and see it here on my own setup. Episodes 13 onwards for Season 3 are all a repeat of the first episode of season 3.

Unfortunately, it is bedtime now but I will try to find the cause of the problem tomorrow.
My Signature
@olympia

Are you able to see why the scanner is loading incorrect episodes as explained above?

My log here... https://paste.kodi.tv/cijamawaqi.kodi
From line 2020 Season 3 Episode 13-26 are scraped. Episodes are named correctly and have been correctly identified by the scanner, but for all those episodes it loads the info for S03E01

Any idea? You can see I have reported this problem previously and received no response.
My Signature
(2019-11-18, 12:01)Karellen Wrote: @Skeltom

Thanks for the log and the link. I am able to replicate the problem and see it here on my own setup. Episodes 13 onwards for Season 3 are all a repeat of the first episode of season 3.

Unfortunately, it is bedtime now but I will try to find the cause of the problem tomorrow.

Thanks for looking into it, there is no rush.
@Skeltom

A little bit more testing... and I am no closer to figuring out the problem. It is a problem in v18 and v19.

But, I did discover that v17.6 scrapes the tv show correctly and I tried multiple times, so I don't think it is a scraper problem, but more of a problem with Kodi's scanner.

I don't think a fix will come quickly for this, but a workaround is to use a Portable Install of v17.6, scrape then Export to separate files. Then scan them into your working library. Or I can zip the nfo files I have here from the test.
My Signature
(2019-11-18, 22:13)Karellen Wrote: @Skeltom

A little bit more testing... and I am no closer to figuring out the problem. It is a problem in v18 and v19.

But, I did discover that v17.6 scrapes the tv show correctly and I tried multiple times, so I don't think it is a scraper problem, but more of a problem with Kodi's scanner.

I don't think a fix will come quickly for this, but a workaround is to use a Portable Install of v17.6, scrape then Export to separate files. Then scan them into your working library. Or I can zip the nfo files I have here from the test.
A zip would be nice if you can
Sure. Here it is... https://ufile.io/ct67h2vt

If the show is still in your library, delete those incorrect episodes and add the nfo file for those episodes. Rename the nfo files to match your episode filenames.

Then hightlight the show and select "Scan for new content" from the Context Menu
My Signature
(2019-11-19, 01:33)Karellen Wrote: Sure. Here it is... https://ufile.io/ct67h2vt

If the show is still in your library, delete those incorrect episodes and add the nfo file for those episodes. Rename the nfo files to match your episode filenames.

Then hightlight the show and select "Scan for new content" from the Context Menu

That worked like a charm, Thanks a lot. Hopefully it gets sorted out down the line
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB - TV Show scraper (XML)2