• 26(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2019-11-08, 18:12)stammie Wrote: Well I'm very impressed with odroid.co.uk I ordered my N2 from them yesterday afternoon and it arrived this morning Smile
However I've hit a road block with my device that my limited knowledge can't resolve Sad ,
it will not see my network shares from my Windows 10 pc, I get an error saying operation not permitted then couldn't connect to network server.
I've set the smb protocols the same as my Vero 4K+ which is minimum smb level none and maximum level to SMBv3, I've tried using the PC's IP address and PC name but nothing will work.
I've also tried connecting to a different Windows 10 PC on the network and get the same results.

My N2 will however work with my network connected HD Homerun Connect TV tuner and read the channels from the HD Homerun software on the PC that it wont connect to via SMB,
hopefully I've overlooked something very simple and someone here has experienced it and can help me get things going?

Enable Windows 10 SMB1
https://infusionsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/...Build-1803
hello GuysSmile

do you get stable 23,976 playback with Odroid N2 on CoreELEC? I'm still looking around for this "feature" Smile Having Shield TV now but it does random stutter/hangs while playing and probably it's because of Android stuff I guess...
(2019-11-16, 16:03)otic Wrote: hello GuysSmile

do you get stable 23,976 playback with Odroid N2 on CoreELEC? I'm still looking around for this "feature" Smile Having Shield TV now but it does random stutter/hangs while playing and probably it's because of Android stuff I guess...
I have no problem with my N2 at 23.976 frame rate. Running nightlies on it.
(2019-11-16, 16:03)otic Wrote: hello GuysSmile

No problem at all on CoreElec 9.2.0 stable...
Hello,
I would like to add Live TV via Sat to my N2 Coreelec setup. TVheadend is planned as server and client.

Can you recommend me an usb fbc dvb-s tuner that is working with TVheadend? Is it possible to add oscam config as well?
(2019-11-17, 21:52)retrograde Wrote: Hello,
I would like to add Live TV via Sat to my N2 Coreelec setup. TVheadend is planned as server and client.

Can you recommend me an usb fbc dvb-s tuner that is working with TVheadend? Is it possible to add oscam config as well?

I'm not aware of any USB FBC DVB-S/S2 (or S2X) tuners for PCs yet.  Oscam isn't really a topic that can be discussed here.

I've only ever seen single tuner USB DVB-S/S2/S2X tuners on sale - and they were for use with regular Universal LNBs (some may also support Unicable or Unicable II).  For multiple tuners you are really looking at SAT>IP or a PC with PCI-E tuners (I've seen Quad and Octo DVB-S/S2/S2X PCI-E tuners - but I'm not sure I've ever seen FBC stuff - that's still really only available in Enigma type devices)
(2019-11-18, 10:47)noggin Wrote:

I'm not aware of any USB FBC DVB-S/S2 (or S2X) tuners for PCs yet.  Oscam isn't really a topic that can be discussed here.

I've only ever seen single tuner USB DVB-S/S2/S2X tuners on sale - and they were for use with regular Universal LNBs (some may also support Unicable or Unicable II).  For multiple tuners you are really looking at SAT>IP or a PC with PCI-E tuners (I've seen Quad and Octo DVB-S/S2/S2X PCI-E tuners - but I'm not sure I've ever seen FBC stuff - that's still really only available in Enigma type devices) 
Thanks for the reply. I might have been too optimistic when it comes to FBC tuners outside of a Vu Box.

Any recommendations for USB DVB-S/S2/S2X tuner compatible with N2?
Ask over on the CoreELEC forums and you might get more information.

(2019-11-19, 00:24)retrograde Wrote:
(2019-11-18, 10:47)noggin Wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I might have been too optimistic when it comes to FBC tuners outside of a Vu Box.

Any recommendations for USB DVB-S/S2/S2X tuner compatible with N2? 

No - I stopped using USB tuners and went SAT>IP.  I got 4 tuners in a Digibit R2 (DVB-S/S2 but no S2X) for less than cost of 2 x USB tuners, and with no reliance on Linux driver support.  (And by running third party firmware I got access to more functionality and config.  The box supports Multistream too)
(2019-11-03, 23:28)Sholander Wrote: And yes, eMMC is noticeably faster than Class 10 UHS-I cards from Sandisk. 

Is SD card fast enough to run CoreElec-KODI or should I go with eMMC (talking about 4K HDR playback)?
(2019-11-20, 00:42)otic Wrote:
(2019-11-03, 23:28)Sholander Wrote: And yes, eMMC is noticeably faster than Class 10 UHS-I cards from Sandisk. 

Is SD card fast enough to run CoreElec-KODI or should I go with eMMC (talking about 4K HDR playback)? 
Can't say I noticed any difference between the emmc and the SD card that coreelec came installed on.
Just ensure your SD is fast.
I chose a Sandisk Extreme Plus 64 GB (U3, A2, V30) and I'm very happy about it !
ok, thanks for advices about 23,976 and  SD things, one more question : what kind of input devices do you recommend- keyboard&pad with usb dongle , mouse&keyboard on bluetooth (also with usb bluetooth donlge) or some remote?
(2019-11-21, 21:07)otic Wrote: what kind of input devices do you recommend

I use the Minix A2 remote. Has keyboard on backside.
(2019-11-20, 02:24)lightsout Wrote:
(2019-11-20, 00:42)otic Wrote:

Can't say I noticed any difference between the emmc and the SD card that coreelec came installed on.

eMMC flash storage will be much faster when doing .tar CE updates, which becomes important if you are using nightly images.
CE backups will be faster too, and so will Metadata scraping and saving.

N2 CE startup is also faster, which is useful if you use HDMI CEC to shutdown / startup your HDMI connected A/V setup.

Otherwise day to day the differences will not be so noticeable vs microSDHC.

• 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4