• 15(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-10-06, 13:21)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-09-20, 03:48)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-09-20, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey , I am not sure if you saw this yesterday? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
The plugin will automatically translate studio names passed to discover

EDIT: Sorry just realised you were talking about tv networks not movie studios. Shouldn't be too hard to add a translate function for them. I'll let you know when I add it it.

@jurialmunkey, now that you are getting the plugin ready for repo submission, could you please add the translate function for tv networks? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Sorry, I forgot to reply - it turns out that there isn't a search function for Network IDs like there is for Studios, so there isn't any way to get the Network ID unfortunately.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2019-10-06, 23:55)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-10-06, 13:21)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-09-20, 03:48)jurialmunkey Wrote: The plugin will automatically translate studio names passed to discover

EDIT: Sorry just realised you were talking about tv networks not movie studios. Shouldn't be too hard to add a translate function for them. I'll let you know when I add it it.

@jurialmunkey, now that you are getting the plugin ready for repo submission, could you please add the translate function for tv networks? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart   

Sorry, I forgot to reply - it turns out that there isn't a search function for Network IDs like there is for Studios, so there isn't any way to get the Network ID unfortunately.   
@jurialmunkey , that's too bad.  I will remove my search online for tv networks then.

On another topic, today I am not able to get detailed info for any local movie in the video info dialog.  I am seeing this in the log:

xml:

2019-10-06 18:10:41.795 T:13996   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=find&type=movie&imdb_id=tt1211837
2019-10-06 18:10:43.023 T:9508  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            https://api.themoviedb.org/3/find/tt1211...ge=en,null
2019-10-06 18:10:44.556 T:21028  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/pers...uery=Scott Derrickson&language=en-US&include_image_language=en,null
2019-10-06 18:10:44.874 T:9508  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/28405...ge=en,null
2019-10-06 18:10:45.719 T:9648  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/28405...=tt1211837
2019-10-06 18:10:46.057 T:9508 WARNING: Invalid media type ""
2019-10-06 18:10:46.076 T:21028 WARNING: Previous line repeats 80 times.

Is this an issue in the tmdb site or an issue with the latest version of the plugin? I downloaded from Git this morning.  Should I delete the cache? I am running Kodi Leia 18.4 under Windows.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano

Yeah it is a shame. I also really wanted to be able to have a "TvShows from Network" list - I'm going to keep looking to see if I can find another way but doesn't seem promising at this stage.

Regarding your other issue: ?info=find no longer exists in the plugin - instead, you can now use imdb_id directly with ?info=details
e.g.
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&type=movie&imdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.IMDBNumber]
(2019-10-07, 10:02)jurialmunkey Wrote: @bsoriano

Yeah it is a shame. I also really wanted to be able to have a "TvShows from Network" list - I'm going to keep looking to see if I can find another way but doesn't seem promising at this stage.

Regarding your other issue: ?info=find no longer exists in the plugin - instead, you can now use imdb_id directly with ?info=details
e.g.
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&type=movie&imdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.IMDBNumber]
@jurialmunkey , thanks! I guess I have not been looking at the plugin readme lately.  I replaced the find call in Amber and it is working great.

Regards,

Bart
Hi!
It's just with me or the MPAA rating prefix are not working anymore?
(2019-10-25, 16:14)edjalmo Wrote: Hi!
It's just with me or the MPAA rating prefix are not working anymore?

Ah, you're right - it isn't working anymore.

Should be fixed now on latest git. Items in the cache won't update until they are re-cached but new items the change will be applied to.
(2019-10-25, 22:44)jurialmunkey Wrote: Ah, you're right - it isn't working anymore.

Should be fixed now on latest git. Items in the cache won't update until they are re-cached but new items the change will be applied to.

Thanks!
Hi jurialmunkey and thanks for your work on this.

Just start checking this addon so to see if it's possible to replace several window properties provided by Marcel's skin.helper.service and i am little confused.
Your readme file says to create a hidden content and then get the info as listitem.label. I've check your Arctic Zephyr 2 code for some examples of implementation but i saw that all info are provided from skin.helper.service and some other addon called "service.listitem.helper".

What's the catch here?. Am i missing something or this is still WIP and we have to wait for proper implementation?

Cheers
Nessus
(2019-11-06, 01:22)nessus Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey and thanks for your work on this.

Just start checking this addon so to see if it's possible to replace several window properties provided by Marcel's skin.helper.service and i am little confused.
Your readme file says to create a hidden content and then get the info as listitem.label. I've check your Arctic Zephyr 2 code for some examples of implementation but i saw that all info are provided from skin.helper.service and some other addon called "service.listitem.helper".

What's the catch here?. Am i missing something or this is still WIP and we have to wait for proper implementation?

Cheers
Nessus

You should be able to use the detailed item as a plugin path to supply info. I just haven't got around to switching out SkinHelper in Arctic Zephyr 2 yet. I currently use this plugin to provide additional lists like recommendations etc.

A hidden container like so:
xml:

<control type="list" id="19001">
<itemlayout />
<focusedlayout />
<content>plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&amp;type=movie&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&amp;year=$INFO[ListItem.Year]</content>
<visible>String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Title)</visible>
</control>

Will give info like so (see link below for full list of info)
Code:
$INFO[Container(19001).ListItem.Property(budget)]
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ailed-item

For ratings you will need to add an OMDb key in the addon settings.

You can also do better matches by using IMDbNumber instead of Title:
Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&amp;type=movie&amp;imdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.IMDBNumber]</content>

You can also look up info about an Actor by using "type=person" and passing their name through:
Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&amp;type=person&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.Label]</content>

Details about a TvShow:
Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&amp;type=tv&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.TvShowTitle]</content>
(2019-11-06, 04:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: You can also do better matches by using IMDbNumber instead of Title:
Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&amp;type=movie&amp;imdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.IMDBNumber]</content>
Have you found any solution or dirty hack to get the IMDBNumber without the "xx" from Info Dialog (bug commented on by you in this post)?
(2019-11-06, 10:25)patzzz Wrote:
(2019-11-06, 04:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: You can also do better matches by using IMDbNumber instead of Title:
Code:
Have you found any solution or dirty hack to get the IMDBNumber without the "xx" from Info Dialog (bug commented on by you in this post)?

ListItem.IMDBNumber works fine for items in the Library Db.

It's just add-ons that are unable to set it correctly. To get around it, with TMDbHelper I also set the value to a property:
ListItem.Property(imdb_id)

For other add-ons I check with a variable and put the appropriate "query=" or "imdb_id=" param:
xml:

<variable name="Info_Param_IMDB_or_QUERY">
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(imdb_id))">imdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(imdb_id)]</value>
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.IMDBNumber) + !String.StartsWith(ListItem.IMDBNumber,xx)">imdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.IMDBNumber]</value>
<value condition="[String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode)] + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.TvShowTitle)">query=$INFO[ListItem.TvShowTitle]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Title) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Year)">query=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&amp;year=$INFO[ListItem.Year]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Title)">query=$INFO[ListItem.Title]</value>
<value>query=$INFO[ListItem.Label]</value>
</variable>

i.e. Use it like so:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=recommendations&amp;type=movie&amp;$VAR[Info_Param_IMDB_or_QUERY]
(2019-11-06, 22:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: ListItem.IMDBNumber works fine for items in the Library Db.

It's just add-ons that are unable to set it correctly. To get around it, with TMDbHelper I also set the value to a property:
ListItem.Property(imdb_id)

For other add-ons I check with a variable and put the appropriate "query=" or "imdb_id=" param:
xml:

<variable name="Info_Param_IMDB_or_QUERY">
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(imdb_id))">imdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(imdb_id)]</value>
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.IMDBNumber) + !String.StartsWith(ListItem.IMDBNumber,xx)">imdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.IMDBNumber]</value>
<value condition="[String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode)] + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.TvShowTitle)">query=$INFO[ListItem.TvShowTitle]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Title) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Year)">query=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&amp;year=$INFO[ListItem.Year]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Title)">query=$INFO[ListItem.Title]</value>
<value>query=$INFO[ListItem.Label]</value>
</variable>

i.e. Use it like so:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=recommendations&amp;type=movie&amp;$VAR[Info_Param_IMDB_or_QUERY]
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.
how can i use or implement the moviedb helper into my skin im not quite getting it need help to understand
Hello @jurialmunkey seems like the last update keep giving me notification error each time i come back to the home menu. When i check the log its seems something related to Trakt. When i go to the addon setting i can trigger the exact same error by clicking on the "authorize trakt..." button (which doesn't do anything by the way).
(2019-11-20, 14:04)yabai91 Wrote: Hello @jurialmunkey seems like the last update keep giving me notification error each time i come back to the home menu. When i check the log its seems something related to Trakt. When i go to the addon setting i can trigger the exact same error by clicking on the "authorize trakt..." button (which doesn't do anything by the way).

The error notification has disappeared since that time. Will keep monitoring in the time being, but my guess was that Trakt API was acting weird.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2