• 75(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
(2019-10-17, 09:21)popeye2468 Wrote:
(2019-10-16, 22:30)ronie Wrote:
(2019-10-16, 21:19)popeye2468 Wrote: Hi I love this addon but am unable to use it due to performnce issues it causes with kodi 18

my question is has this been adressed and fixed?

thanks

nope, i've tried to reproduce it several times, but i can not.
i've also double checked all the code and still haven't found a clue what it is causing issues for some.

@Karellen : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2850634 

I have installed your latest version from the gitlab and have yet to experience the issues I had before 

interesting... thanx for the heads-up!
will submit that version to the addon repo then.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Just updated to v5.6.1 a couple of days ago. (did not realise I had auto-update disabled from when we were testing many months ago)

I notice that the first line of the lyrics are displayed almost immediately (after file is found). But if the first line does not start until, say, 30 seconds into the song, that first line remains onscreen for the 30 seconds until the rest of the lyrics kick in.

Any way to make the add-on respect the actual start time of the lyrics and not display the first line until it is meant to display?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen please test script.cu.lrclyrics-5.6.2.zip and let me know if that works for you
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks @ronie that update has fixed it. Lyrics now start when they are meant to start.

A question: What is the purpose of the setting Use only filename for search? Does this affect online scraping only, or also local files? Then the sub-setting Filename format does not offer a %T option for title only filename. Would any of this affect local files?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
the setting only applies to online scraping. by default cu lrc will get the artistname and tracktitle from the id3 tags.
in case you do not want that, you can enable that setting and cu lrc will try to get the artistname and tracktitle from the filename (and folder structure, depending on the subsetting).

%T for title only filename is not a valid option, it needs an artist name as well.
Ok, thanks.
My Signature
(2019-10-16, 22:30)ronie Wrote:
(2019-10-16, 21:19)popeye2468 Wrote: Hi I love this addon but am unable to use it due to performnce issues it causes with kodi 18

my question is has this been adressed and fixed?

thanks

nope, i've tried to reproduce it several times, but i can not.
i've also double checked all the code and still haven't found a clue what it is causing issues for some.

@Karellen : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2850634    

Hi @ronie,

I am having the same issue of a choppy interface, when using this script.

I spent some time troubleshooting and noticed that the FPS would drop if kodi was idle. Then navigating the interface the FPS does not return to a stable 60FPS. 

Setting this in the advancedsettings.xml fixes the issue.
Code:
<algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>

On windows 10 64bit with nvidia gpu if that makes a difference?
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
I had already tried that method, and although it seems to improve things, in my tests the issue is still there, just maybe a bit less often...

I also have windows 10 64bit with nvidia gpu...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
@Mr. V / @manfeed thanx a lot for the hint about the dropping FPS, that finally helped me to reproduce the issue.

i think (fingers crossed) i've managed to fix the problem.

if you could please test and let me know:
script.cu.lrclyrics-5.7.0.zip
(2019-11-22, 00:30)ronie Wrote: @Mr. V / @manfeed thanx a lot for the hint about the dropping FPS, that finally helped me to reproduce the issue.

i think (fingers crossed) i've managed to fix the problem.

if you could please test and let me know:
script.cu.lrclyrics-5.7.0.zip
Thanks for your interest, sorry to say that the issue remains with the new version...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
@manfeed nothing to be sorry for, i'm not giving up yet!  ;-)

could you please test this one as well:
script.cu.lrclyrics-5.7.1.zip
(2019-11-22, 19:34)ronie Wrote: @manfeed nothing to be sorry for, i'm not giving up yet!  ;-)

could you please test this one as well:
script.cu.lrclyrics-5.7.1.zip

Glad to hear that you're not giving up! You're like me!

Unfortunately 5.7.1 doesn't fix the issue yet... but sure you're one step closer. Thank you!
@manfeed thanx for testing!

i hope you can give me a few clues on how to reproduce the issue..

here's what i've done (win 10 / kodi 18.5 / aeon tajo):
- enable debug logging so i could monitor the FPS
- play some music from my library (FPS=60)
- switch to fullscreen (FPS=60)
- back out of fullscreen to the library (FPS=60)
- switch to fullscreen again (FPS=20  !!!)
- back out of fullscreen to the library again (FPS stays at 20 and navigating is slow!)

the above was very easy to reproduce on my end, switching back and forth to the fullscreen visualisation a few times always triggered the bug.
but with 5.7.0 (and 5.7.1) this does not happen anymore.

if you can let me know what you're testing procedure is, i can have another look at it.
I never enter/exit fullscreen, I'm always in true fullscreen.
It doesn't follow a regular behavior, but it happens sooner or later; one thing that triggers almost always the issue is to play some music, then after stopping the music, go to a movies view like Shelf3d, because since it has an animation with the dvd box the issue will be pretty evident.
I use the option of playing mp3 themes when browsing, in case that matters. *** Edit*** It doesn't matter, because I have just tried without that option and the issue remains...
Thank you!
Sorry ronie, I have just remembered that since the issue seemed to be impossible to fix I added some code in the last version of Aeon Tajo (2.3.2) to enable/disable the script automatically depending on whether or not you were listening to music, so that can be the reason why you can't reproduce the issue now!
The lines you have to comment so as to test properly in Aeon Tajo are:
xml:

C:\Leia_test\portable_data\addons\skin.aeon.tajo\1080i\Home.xml (1 hit)
Line 5: <!-- <onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.cu.lrclyrics)">RunScript(script.embuary.helper,action=toggleaddons,addonid=script.cu.lrclyrics,enable=false)</onload> -->
C:\Leia_test\portable_data\addons\skin.aeon.tajo\1080i\MyMusicNav.xml (1 hit)
Line 4: <!-- <onload>RunScript(script.embuary.helper,action=toggleaddons,addonid=script.cu.lrclyrics,enable=true)</onload> -->
C:\Leia_test\portable_data\addons\skin.aeon.tajo\1080i\MyVideoNav.xml (1 hit)
Line 6: <!-- <onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.cu.lrclyrics)">RunScript(script.embuary.helper,action=toggleaddons,addonid=script.cu.lrclyrics,enable=false)</onload> -->
C:\Leia_test\portable_data\addons\skin.aeon.tajo\1080i\Settings.xml (1 hit)
Line 5: <!-- <onload>RunScript(script.embuary.helper,action=toggleaddons,addonid=script.cu.lrclyrics,enable=true)</onload> -->
C:\Leia_test\portable_data\addons\skin.aeon.tajo\1080i\Startup.xml (1 hit)
Line 4: <!-- <onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.cu.lrclyrics)">RunScript(script.embuary.helper,action=toggleaddons,addonid=script.cu.lrclyrics,enable=false)</onload> -->

Sorry for not having remembered it before...
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1