Can't clear library complete
Hey, I am trying to clean up my library. I edited some nfo files via TinyMediaManager. As far as I know there is no possibility to update existing movies in kodi so what I did was setting both movie sources to none and let kodi remove all movies from that path, then I wanted to set it as movie again and let kodi scan and add the movies again. But when I set my source types to none there are still some movies left in the library. I can even start them. I have no clue why they are still there. All in all I have 6 network sources (two of them are movies) added via samba, that's all. Kodi is running on a fire tv stick with no local movie files. I set all source types to none and they are still there and playable. I can see the file path of the movies and for some movies it's the path of the one source, for some it's the other source. How do I get those movies from my library? How do I find out why they are still there?
(2019-11-22, 18:07)Kincaid Wrote: I set all source types to none and they are still there and playable.
You would have been asked "Do you want to remove these items from the library?" or similar wording. Did you answer Yes?

See... https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_remov...om_Library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-22, 20:10)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-11-22, 18:07)Kincaid Wrote: I set all source types to none and they are still there and playable.
You would have been asked "Do you want to remove these items from the library?" or similar wording. Did you answer Yes?

See... https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_remov...om_Library

I did. And after that I startet clean library. And most of them where removed. But not all. I removed all video sources completely now, this removed these movies from library. Takes a lot of time because now I had to scan for all tv shows too and I have to resync everything with Trakt.

Why is there now „refresh all“ option? I can just refresh everything one by one without removing every movie from the library first, why not all? Is there a technical limitation?
(2019-11-22, 21:20)Kincaid Wrote: Why is there now „refresh all“ option? I can just refresh everything one by one without removing every movie from the library first, why not all? Is there a technical limitation?
It is intentionally ommitted.

Think about it... You have scraped your library and have all the information scraped. Why do you need to scrape again... and again... and again. It was always meant to be scrape once and done- you have all the information.

But for some reason, people think you need to scrape everyday and give absolutely no thought of the effect this has on the free services that provide the data.

Why are you rescraping again?

As for your problem, I cannot answer why not all movies were removed. I have no logs, no database, no information that would allow me to look at the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-22, 22:43)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-11-22, 21:20)Kincaid Wrote: Why is there now „refresh all“ option? I can just refresh everything one by one without removing every movie from the library first, why not all? Is there a technical limitation?
It is intentionally ommitted.

Think about it... You have scraped your library and have all the information scraped. Why do you need to scrape again... and again... and again. It was always meant to be scrape once and done- you have all the information.

But for some reason, people think you need to scrape everyday and give absolutely no thought of the effect this has on the free services that provide the data.

Why are you rescraping again?

As for your problem, I cannot answer why not all movies were removed. I have no logs, no database, no information that would allow me to look at the problem.

I don’t want to scrape from an online database. I want to refresh from local data. If you want to edit more then title or set or if you want to edit multiple movies, for example cleaning genres or something, you have to use third party tools for it. But then you can’t get the edited information into kodi because kodi still uses its own cashed information.

I totally understand that you don’t want to ddos tmdb but there is still a usecase for refreshing movies and shows information. As far as I know kodi does it with artwork. You can change artwork in your movie folder and once a day it checks if something changed and caches it again. Why not with nfo? Also, when you change info or artwork in kodi, why doesn’t it save this instantly in the actual folder? I can change a poster in kodi but if I want it to be changed in other installations I have to export the complete library and make it overwrite every single file. I feel like kodi is by far the best frontend, but the way it handles the library is not.

Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy kodi and I am learning to work around these limitations. The devs (I guess you are one of them since you helped me with every single question here Big Grin) doing a good job, but I’m really curious why it is handled like it is.
(2019-11-22, 23:01)Kincaid Wrote: I don’t want to scrape from an online database. I want to refresh from local data.
Ok, got it.

(2019-11-22, 23:01)Kincaid Wrote: but I’m really curious why it is handled like it is.
For the reasons I gave above.

Do you still have the database that contains those movies that were not cleaned out? If yes, can you zip it, upload it to https://uploadfiles.io/ and PM me the link. I will check and see if I can find a reason to the problem.

(2019-11-22, 23:01)Kincaid Wrote: (I guess you are one of them since you helped me with every single question here
Unfortunately not... just one of the groupies Wink
My Signature
(2019-11-23, 00:02)Karellen Wrote: For the reasons I gave above.
Ok, but these reasons are true for scraping from an online source, not for rereading the local nfo's. Is there nobody except me who would like to see this feature?
(2019-11-23, 00:02)Karellen Wrote: Do you still have the database that contains those movies that were not cleaned out?

I don't think so, I removed all sources and they were gone. I don't know if there is any backup of older databases?
(2019-11-23, 01:12)Kincaid Wrote: Ok, but these reasons are true for scraping from an online source, not for rereading the local nfo's. Is there nobody except me who would like to see this feature?
Sure, I guess there are others that may want it, but it won't happen. There is a thread in Feature Requests if you are interested.

(2019-11-23, 01:12)Kincaid Wrote: I don't know if there is any backup of older databases?
Only if you made one.
My Signature
I tried to clean the library again because I had to move some files and again some movies don't get removed. This time I removed all sources and there are still movies in the library and they are still playable. The strange thing is that after removing all sources the tv shows section showed the movies, when hitting back I am in a list that shows "Genre", "Titles", "Years" and more. The Topbar shows "Videos: Movies" and behind all these menu entries are movies. When I go to movies from the main menu I just see the movies that are still in the library. How can I give you some logs or backups or anything that helps finding out whats wrong here?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't clear library complete0