Delete Database file while in use.
Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to delete a file in the Database in Kodi while it is running?

I would like to either delete or overwrite the yVideos107.db file. so far my copy script will not overwrite it and delete doesnt work either via the script.
(2019-11-25, 05:40)ed_davidson Wrote: I was wondering if there is a way to delete a file in the Database in Kodi while it is running?

Of course you can delete it while Kodi is running. But what are you expecting to happen?

(2019-11-25, 05:40)ed_davidson Wrote: I would like to either delete or overwrite the yVideos107.db file. so far my copy script will not overwrite it and delete doesnt work either via the script.

What is this script about, and which Operating System are you talking about?
If you want to create some kind of synchronization tool that updates databases on multiple Kodi clients, you're doing it wrong.
Instead of using the clean library command which takes to long I just want to delete the file and therefore delete my library so that on next reboot I can start fresh.
Okay... Just exit Kodi, delete the MyVideos###.db file as well as the Textures13.db and the Thumbnails folder for a true clean start.

Restart Kodi and confirm your source(s) for a rescrape.
I’m using LibreELEC so was hoping to do it in a script. Thanks.
(2019-11-25, 17:31)ed_davidson Wrote: I’m using LibreELEC so was hoping to do it in a script.
There is no need for a script in LibrELEC.

You can start a SSH session and type the following (or create a .sh file for it).
python:
systemctl stop kodi
cd .kodi/userdata/Database
rm MyVideos107.db Textures13.db
cd ..
rm -rf Thumnbails
systemctl start kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delete Database file while in use.0