Get search in favorites menu
Hi,

I'am pretty sur that this question has already been ask but i canno't find solution on google!

I'am using Kodi on Windows (For the moment i'am on the lasted version)

My want is that on a created menu i've got the search like in "Movie" section (By title, Gender, date, artist, country,....).

I can created node (Nœud in french) or playslist, or favorites with what i want inside.
But my problems was that on node/playslist/favorite, i'am not able to make search like in movie section. It's just displaying everithings I put on the list.

I try different skin with same result.

To be more precise i want to separate video, example Movie and Movie.kid (And to do it i can use node/playslist/favorite) but also be able to directly make search in the selection done.
It's like get 2 seperated section movie with a pre-selection inside each.

Example :
I created a node/playslist/favorite movie.kid and i whant to directly find in and only in that selection a Science-Fiction movie (So basically a science-fiction movie for children :p)
I created a node/playslist/favorite Manga and i want to list all movie in the section manga from 1995. (So other movie, movie kid will no appear !)

Thanks in advance.
example Movie and Movie.kid (And to do it i can use node/playslist/favorite) but also be able to directly make search in the selection done.

find in and only in that selection a Science-Fiction movie (So basically a science-fiction movie for children :p)
create new  node 
Movie.kid
add content movies
add rule mpaa rating
<rule field="genre" operator="contains">
        <value>Science Fiction</value>

xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node type="filter">
    <label>test</label>
    <content>movies</content>
    <rule field="mpaarating" operator="contains">
        <value>pg</value>
    </rule>
    </rule>
</node>
(2019-11-26, 17:13)the_other_guy Wrote: example Movie and Movie.kid (And to do it i can use node/playslist/favorite) but also be able to directly make search in the selection done.

find in and only in that selection a Science-Fiction movie (So basically a science-fiction movie for children :p)
create new  node 
Movie.kid
add content movies
add rule mpaa rating

<node type="filter">
    <label>test</label>
        <value>pg</value>
    </rule>
    </rule>
</node>
Hello,

Thanks "The_other_guy" for your answer.

I'haven't yest tested (I'am beginer in Node/XML).
If i understand well, you solution will add me a search menu for genre for "movie.kids".
My problems is that i need also all other search for "movie.kids" like actors, date, studios,...

And also i need these search for others section.
If i want to separate also the manga, i will need to created rule for Manga. But the one you give me for "Movie.kids" will not work.
mpaarating will not apllied to manga for example.

So if i've want to separate movie, movie.kids, manga and get search menu by using the node i will have to created 3 node (Movie, Movie.kids, Movie.Manga) and then create rules for each search for each nodes with that solution.

What i want is to duplicate the menu Film (with all is rule, function, search) and put a filter on a top layer of these duplicate menu Film.

Best Regards
(2019-11-26, 18:11)Endamir Wrote:
(2019-11-26, 17:13)the_other_guy Wrote: example Movie and Movie.kid (And to do it i can use node/playslist/favorite) but also be able to directly make search in the selection done.

create new  node 
Movie.kid
add content movies
add rule mpaa rating

<node type="filter">
    <label>test</label>
        <value>pg</value>
    </rule>
    </rule>
</node>
Hello,

Thanks "The_other_guy" for your answer.

I'haven't yest tested (I'am beginer in Node/XML).
If i understand well, you solution will add me a search menu for genre for "movie.kids".
My problems is that i need also all other search for "movie.kids" like actors, date, studios,...

And also i need these search for others section.
If i want to separate also the manga, i will need to created rule for Manga. But the one you give me for "Movie.kids" will not work.
mpaarating will not apllied to manga for example.

So if i've want to separate movie, movie.kids, manga and get search menu by using the node i will have to created 3 node (Movie, Movie.kids, Movie.Manga) and then create rules for each search for each nodes with that solution.

What i want is to duplicate the menu Film (with all is rule, function, search) and put a filter on a top layer of these duplicate menu Film.

Best Regards 
Hi Again,

I think i've got what i want :
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=190526

(Find it will search for custom node search :p)

But thanks for helping.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Get search in favorites menu0