• 27(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
I'm a very happy user of the N2 but sometimes my Logitech Harmony Elite becomes unresponsive or is very slow. Connected via Ir.

Ik cannot tackle this problem and only occurs now and then.
(2019-11-24, 13:12)kanariepiet Wrote: I'm a very happy user of the N2 but sometimes my Logitech Harmony Elite becomes unresponsive or is very slow. Connected via Ir.

Same with my N2 and it doesn’t get better if I add my FLIRC. What I did was buy a cheap USB Bluetooth from Amazon and then use that with my Harmony Elite and no more issues.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2019-11-24, 13:26)timstephens24 Wrote:
(2019-11-24, 13:12)kanariepiet Wrote: I'm a very happy user of the N2 but sometimes my Logitech Harmony Elite becomes unresponsive or is very slow. Connected via Ir.

Same with my N2 and it doesn’t get better if I add my FLIRC. What I did was buy a cheap USB Bluetooth from Amazon and then use that with my Harmony Elite and no more issues.

Ok, thanks for your clear answer, will order one.
How did you setup bluetooth in the Harmony software?
(2019-11-24, 13:33)kanariepiet Wrote: Ok, thanks for your clear answer, will order one.
I set it up as an Entertainment Device with the Manufacturer as Microsoft and the Device as Kodi.
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
(2019-11-24, 21:31)timstephens24 Wrote:
(2019-11-24, 13:33)kanariepiet Wrote: Ok, thanks for your clear answer, will order one.
I set it up as an Entertainment Device with the Manufacturer as Microsoft and the Device as Kodi. 
Have you gotten rid of the lag, mine can still lag at times hooked up over bluetooth.
@wrxtasy

How N2 compares to Vero 4K+ in terms of GUI navigation performance?
Is it significantly/really noticeably snappier?

I am currently using a V4k+, but while I’ve got somewhat use to it, I am still missing the GUI speed I had with a cromebox before. Is N2 coming close to this or still far behind? Ah, and no fancy skin, just confluence...
The GUI feels the same as with a Chromebox, so it's very snappy. I use a Titan mod so it's a heavier one.
(2019-11-25, 01:14)lightsout Wrote: Have you gotten rid of the lag, mine can still lag at times hooked up over bluetooth.

Yeah no issues with lag after using Bluetooth. Just make sure all the commands are for the Bluetooth device and not the Odroid.
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
(2019-11-25, 01:34)olympia Wrote: @wrxtasy

How N2 compares to Vero 4K+ in terms of GUI navigation performance?
Is it significantly/really noticeably snappier?

I am currently using a V4k+, but while I’ve got somewhat use to it, I am still missing the GUI speed I had with a cromebox before. Is N2 coming close to this or still far behind? Ah, and no fancy skin, just confluence...
I have both the Vero 4K+ and N2 (w/i eMMC). I also use the Titan MOD skin with Enhanced Home Screen w/i submenus & widgets + Netflix Views

The N2 is definitely snappier - startups quicker than Vero too. Its pretty much on par with my old and now defunct Wintel i5 PC.
(2019-11-13, 16:16)AlienHackers Wrote: Enable Windows 10 SMB1
https://infusionsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/...Build-1803 
Hmmm... is this going to stay like this? There are valid reasons behind SMB1 having been disabled. Security reasons.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I've really never had any problems connecting with windows, be it 10,7, 8 or any other OS. I always set a a new workgroup/domain name for all computers. Once I have that changed on everything on my lan, they all see each other and no problem connecting or browsing shares.
(2019-11-24, 21:31)timstephens24 Wrote:

I have now set it up with bluetooth and can confirm its lightning gast but facing another problem:
I think I cannot power up and power down with bluetooth?

Shall it work correctly if I add Odroid (ir) for those functions as I don't want to leave the N2 always on?
I just leave mine on all the time. Power consumption is minimal.
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
(2019-11-26, 23:32)kanariepiet Wrote: I have now set it up with bluetooth and can confirm its lightning gast but facing another problem:

Shall it work correctly if I add Odroid (ir) for those functions as I don't want to leave the N2 always on?

Yes. Just keep the IR device in your Harmony configuration (in addition to the Kodi one), and manually add its power toggle command to the "power on" and "power off" sequence of your "Watch Kodi" action via the Harmony software.
Server: DIY NAS w/ i3-8100, 32GB RAM, 4x6 TB WD Red, DD Cine S2 + 3xDuoFlex, OMV w/ Emby, TVheadend, Oscam
Living Room: Odroid N2 w/ CE, Panasonic DP-UB9004, NAD 758v3, LG OLED 65 B7, L/R B&W CM10, B&W C S2, B&W ASW10 CM, SL/SR Elac WS 1445, HL/HR Dali Alteco C1
Library: RPi2B w/ LE, Xbox One X w/ Kodi, Nintendo Switch, Panasonic Viera TX-P50 Plasma​​
(2019-11-27, 08:49)M4tt0 Wrote:
(2019-11-26, 23:32)kanariepiet Wrote: I have now set it up with bluetooth and can confirm its lightning gast but facing another problem:

Thanks, will try that this evening.

Yes. Just keep the IR device in your Harmony configuration (in addition to the Kodi one), and manually add its power toggle command to the "power on" and "power off" sequence of your "Watch Kodi" action via the Harmony software.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4