• 5(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
(2019-11-25, 18:34)Sandmann79 Wrote: This thread here is only for Amazon VOD ​​​​​​Addon.
Which uses currently the ID plugin.video.amazon-test and if it comes to Kodi repo it gets renamed to plugin.video.amazonvod​​​​​.
Current version is 0.7.9.

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding!
When I try to login, I receive a error, what am I doing wrong? I have tried so many Kodi versions...

https://paste.kodi.tv/epayahazos.kodi
@Chimera16:
You have probably a wrong beautifulsoup4 version installed.
Installing it from offical repo should fix this error.
Hello, greetings from Ecuador. I am new to this, and installed the Amazon VOD 0.7.9 add-on, I enter the account all right but when I want to play a movie I get the HTTP message Error ... It will be that the add-on does not work for my country ...
Sorry for my English...
(2019-11-24, 18:39)Sandmann79 Wrote:
(2019-11-23, 20:18)MetalChris Wrote:
(2019-11-23, 19:09)debutanker Wrote: Seems, that Sandmann already fixed the watchlist issue on Git -> https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/commi...88f357a267

Those changes were made to plugin.video.amazon version 0.7.6, but I'm using version 0.7.8 of plugin.video.amazon-test.  
Nope these changes are for both addons: amazon-test v0.7.9b and amazon v2.0.6b.

I updated to version 0.7.9 yesterday and the watchlist is fixed now. Thanks!
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
@Sandmann79 :
Thanks, thanks, thanks! I wasted 2 days for this, now it works like a charm! Smile
(2019-11-16, 22:04)Varstahl Wrote: If you're in the US PrimeVideo won't work, so that's perfectly normal. Somebody went onto amazon.com, enabled and disabled 2FA. These kinds of logins are pretty geolocalized so I don't really have an answer for you at this time.

Can you please elaborate on this? As in, this addon is supposed to work in the US but is currently being fixed for the US, or prime video is just a part of this addon and that part doesn't currently work in the US. I've not used this yet since I've been waiting on it to get updated before giving it a try and it sounds like it's ready to give it a go but I'm not sure what you mean by prime video not working in the United States. Thanks
(2019-11-23, 22:14)HalfEmptY Wrote: I have a question. Will the UHD titles coded with Dolby Atmos on the official AMZ Prime, output Dolby Atmos within this plugin as well?

That depends. If you're using the external android player, then it should. Not having one I can't test it so I can't really tell you more.

(2019-11-25, 16:54)starslayer74 Wrote: I get lost whenver I try to find the latest version that isn't in the repo yet - could you provide a link?

The "-beta"s are just the versions which are not packaged into a release yet. You can download it from the GitHub repo and manually zip the directory.

(2019-11-25, 17:55)barney63 Wrote: I'm getting lost with the names and the amount of thread pages.  Is Amazon the German version and Amazon test for everywhere else.

plugin.video.amazon — Works only for Germany, and is going to be deprecated.
plugin.video.amazon-test — Works worldwide. In terms of features is separated between the infrastructures, so users of amazon.de/jp/co.uk/com will have an "experience" so to speak, while the users of primevideo.com will have a different one.
plugin.video.amazonvod — Will be the name of the amazon-test addon once it gets to the Kodi official repository, and will be the stable release channel.

(2019-11-25, 17:55)barney63 Wrote: Is the first post in the thread being updated because I've tried to read all the pages but it gets pretty confusing with all the changes.

It is, but on a "worthwhile info" basis. There have been a few minor releases with minor bugfixes and haven't bothered updating it. It's mostly small stuff.

(2019-11-25, 18:24)KundK Wrote: I've installed the add-on on Windows Kodi 18.5 but couldn't login. It never asks for username/password.

Wrong addon.

(2019-11-25, 18:34)Sandmann79 Wrote: This thread here is only for Amazon VOD ​​​​​​Addon.
Which uses currently the ID plugin.video.amazon-test and if it comes to Kodi repo it gets renamed to plugin.video.amazonvod​​​​​.
Current version is 0.7.9.

Hey @Sandmann79 Big Grin

(2019-11-26, 01:00)mariopt1 Wrote: Hello, greetings from Ecuador. I am new to this, and installed the Amazon VOD 0.7.9 add-on, I enter the account all right but when I want to play a movie I get the HTTP message Error ... It will be that the add-on does not work for my country ...

The error message can be misleading. It also happens if the movie/tv series is available on primevideo but is restricted on your country, because maybe a local TV channel has the exclusive rights to it. Check the main website (primevideo.com) to see if that's the case.

(2019-11-26, 06:11)nolos Wrote: Can you please elaborate on this? As in, this addon is supposed to work in the US but is currently being fixed for the US, or prime video is just a part of this addon and that part doesn't currently work in the US. I've not used this yet since I've been waiting on it to get updated before giving it a try and it sounds like it's ready to give it a go but I'm not sure what you mean by prime video not working in the United States. Thanks

Sure. The "PrimeVideo" login method refers to logins on the website primevideo.com, which serves (almost) the whole world. Germany, Japan, UK, US use amazon.de, amazon.jp, amazon.co.uk and amazon.com respectively. While Amazon is behind all of them, the infrastructure differs in key parts and components. So you could see Amazon VOD as an addon that works with all 5 platforms, but PrimeVideo.com has a set of rules, restrictions and features, and Amazon.TLDs have a different set of rules, restrictions and features.

When I talk about Prime Video I'm not talking about the general "service" amazon provides with that name, rather specifically the website primevideo.com, as I'm the lead developer/maintainer of the code that supports the primevideo.com infrastructure.
I presume the captchas are now requirement by Amazon?
I have no problem with added security measures, but I've tried logging on about 30 times, without success.
It's sometimes quite difficult to read the captchas. Is not is not possible to change the captcha if you can't make it out properly?
I'm pretty sure at least 15+ of my attempts were entered correctly, but apparently they all failed due to a wrong code or unknown error.
Quite frustrating even though I'm using Windows and a keyboard. Had I been using my shield, with just a remote to keep typing out these details, I would have no doubt gave up much earlier.
Not meant as a criticism, just an observation. Will try again tomorrow, when I'm feeling less pooped. Bit of luck, I will score first time then  Wink
(2019-11-29, 01:55)Dumyat Wrote: I presume the captchas are now requirement by Amazon?
I have no problem with added security measures, but I've tried logging on about 30 times, without success.
It's sometimes quite difficult to read the captchas. Is not is not possible to change the captcha if you can't make it out properly?
I'm pretty sure at least 15+ of my attempts were entered correctly, but apparently they all failed due to a wrong code or unknown error.
Quite frustrating even though I'm using Windows and a keyboard. Had I been using my shield, with just a remote to keep typing out these details, I would have no doubt gave up much earlier.
Not meant as a criticism, just an observation. Will try again tomorrow, when I'm feeling less pooped. Bit of luck, I will score first time then  Wink
Agree, the captchas are damn near impossible to read.  Just curious, how close/far is this addon from getting to the Kodi repo? Thanks
(2019-11-29, 01:55)Dumyat Wrote: I presume the captchas are now requirement by Amazon?
I had the same problem before, using this notice from the first post worked for me.

Captcha notice
Some of the captchas used by Amazon actually require you to put spaces in where blanks are present. Absence of spaces can actually invalidate an otherwise good challenge answer. Make sure to include spaces if needed.
@Varstahl
Thank you so much for the add-on, adding the ability to add seasons from the TV shows and movies to the watchlist using the context menu will help much, I hope you consider it in the upcoming releases.

I hate them. The fact they need spaces had me trying to login dozen times before I learnt of the fact.

(2019-11-29, 05:39)David11 Wrote: @Varstahl Thank you so much for the add-on, adding the ability to add seasons from the TV shows and movies to the watchlist using the context menu will help much, I hope you consider it in the upcoming releases.

It is. It's a bit complicated for a few reasons (as in, we can't really sync with amazon's servers yet), but it should be possible with Kodi 19. Kodi 18 has some other problems that makes the feature useless, which is why I didn't do it yet.
Hello,

A lot of the folders I access end up having nothing in them or when they do have listings in them it tells me I have to pay to view the content . Is there something I should be changing in the settings from the default? (Yes, I have a Prime membership)

I would appreciate helpful feedback helping me with this situation.

Thanks you
@kitaro:
1. Country?
2. name of the addon? ex. plugin.video.<something>
3. version?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2