• 57(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition
(2019-11-29, 20:38)_DMU_ Wrote:
(2019-11-28, 00:21)fandangos Wrote: VLC uses microsoft problematic api.

1. It forces the user to toggle hdr on and off based on each content is played.

2. It doesn't pass the correct hdr metadata.

1. I gave you a code that allows you to automatically switch the HDR mode depending on the content without user intervention.

2. This is an example of code that allows you to change hdr metadata.

I already implemented it.

Using the code directly in Kodi causes Kodi to crash so I added 3 executables:
1. To trigger HDR On.
2. To trigger HDR off.
3. The one you provided that will set hdr on or off depending on it's state. If off turn on if on turn off.

I used it for Intel, since Intel doesn't have a private API, this is behind a vendor.id if statement, this means it will only trigger this if you are using Intel iGPU.

The third one listed I mapped to CTRL+H. No matter what hardware you have you can press it to trigger windows hdr on/off.
For intel this is automatic.

But this is not useful and should not be used by AMD or NVIDIA users since those two have private APIs already implemented.

Still, even turning hdr on/off within windows settings, just like any other app that uses it, like Netflix, the hdr metadata passed to the display is incorrect, that why I suggest that anyone interested in correct hdr output should use a NVIDIA or AMD dedicated gpu.
(2019-11-29, 21:31)fandangos Wrote: But this is not useful and should not be used by AMD or NVIDIA users since those two have private APIs already implemented.

Still, even turning hdr on/off within windows settings, just like any other app that uses it, like Netflix, the hdr metadata passed to the display is incorrect, that why I suggest that anyone interested in correct hdr output should use a NVIDIA or AMD dedicated gpu.

The point of using WinAPI is to refuse to use private HDR API. They explained it to you here.
Quote:Note that the AGS HDR path is fine, but you might want to consider using DXGI 1.6 to enable HDR as that would be IHV agnostic.

And the correct metadata corresponding to the content can and should be set by yourself.
R3 2200G / Vega8 / Samsung UE40NU7100
Win10Pro 1909 / 4K RGB 60Hz Full / AMD19.10.1
(2019-11-29, 23:10)_DMU_ Wrote:
(2019-11-29, 21:31)fandangos Wrote: But this is not useful and should not be used by AMD or NVIDIA users since those two have private APIs already implemented.

The point of using WinAPI is to refuse to use private HDR API. They explained it to you here.
Quote:Note that the AGS HDR path is fine, but you might want to consider using DXGI 1.6 to enable HDR as that would be IHV agnostic.

And the correct metadata corresponding to the content can and should be set by yourself. 

I'm sorry but we already had this discussion which I explained to you in great detail here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2896194
LAtest build causing error for 99% of plugins including common ones like Artwork Beef ect ect.
(2019-11-30, 16:16)Buzniak Wrote: LAtest build causing error for 99% of plugins including common ones like Artwork Beef ect ect.

The reason is here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2901108

If you need Python 2, use version 3.0.
If you need Python 3, use version 3.0.1.
(2019-11-30, 16:20)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-11-30, 16:16)Buzniak Wrote: LAtest build causing error for 99% of plugins including common ones like Artwork Beef ect ect.

The reason is here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2901108

If you need Python 2, use version 3.0.
If you need Python 3, use version 3.0.1. 
Holy Cr*p man, you are one huuuuge champion, how did I miss this.....Thank you again, absolute Legend! Smile
So is there a way to keep Matrix version and install all Python 3 support? Or do you just need a never Kodi version?
(2019-12-01, 11:42)Buzniak Wrote: So is there a way to keep Matrix version and install all Python 3 support? Or do you just need a never Kodi version?

Unfortunately it's one or the other.
v3.0.0 ist still trembleling very heavy. I have completely uninstalled previce versions but nothing changes.

GTX1650 latest drivers, Win10 latest Version
Hi,

After 2 months strunggling with Kodi, and external players to play HDR contents in my new Oled TV, I discovered you Kodi HDR Version.
Instantly install it and play. All is working fine with my HTPC / nVidia GPU.
You saw my day (months)!
Thank you very much.
(2019-11-29, 23:10)_DMU_ Wrote:

"They explained it to you."? How rude.

You're talking to a developer that is devoting his free time to the community. He is providing a working solution for Nvidia, AMD and Intel users. Are there inconsistencies? Maybe. Who cares.

I see people spending hundreds of Euros/Dollars/Whatevers on a new HDR screen, Microsoft being the most valuable company *on the whole damn planet* and yet they come here complaining to a single guy that's offering a great service for free.

Buy a GTX 1030 and be done with it. When I see stuff like this, I think fandangos should have kept this Nvidia only. No
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2019-12-02, 11:21)ashlar Wrote: How rude.

Relax, man! Nobody wanted to be rude to anyone. English is not my native language. I just wanted to help.
R3 2200G / Vega8 / Samsung UE40NU7100
Win10Pro 1909 / 4K RGB 60Hz Full / AMD19.10.1
(2019-12-02, 19:05)_DMU_ Wrote:
(2019-12-02, 11:21)ashlar Wrote: How rude.

Relax, man! Nobody wanted to be rude to anyone. English is not my native language. I just wanted to help. 
Ok, sorry if I snapped. It's just that I can't stand people coming here and not being respectful to developers.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Just a quick question, is this build relatively automatic? For example, when HDR video is available does it automatically switch and if so is HDR correct for my TV? or is there some sort of metadata/tv tuning i need to do on my end?
Thanks in advance Smile
(2019-12-03, 15:45)Buzniak Wrote: Just a quick question, is this build relatively automatic? For example, when HDR video is available does it automatically switch and if so is HDR correct for my TV? or is there some sort of metadata/tv tuning i need to do on my end?
Thanks in advance Smile

Totally automatic.
No need to change anything.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition9