Looking For Generic Android TV Box Recommendations
Hello:

I am relatively inexperienced when it pertains to android tv boxes - particularly the cheaper models from China. I have a Roku TV. Not just the set top box but the tv. Anyway, it is not 4k and the Roku media player will not play H.265/HEVC video. I am looking for an inexpensive box that will play format. That's pretty much it. I'm not interested in installing apps or playing games. I just want it to smoothly play HEVC video files.  Oh, and to further clarify - I'm talking about H.265 encoded 720p/1080p files - not 4K.  Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions and advice that may be offered.

PS One more thing - any recommendation on where to buy them? I've heard of Banggood, Gearbest, Geekbuying and Aliexpress.  I am from Canada and if anyone knows any Canadian sites that sell these generic android tv boxes, I would be very interested to know about them as well.
Look here: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated October 2019)
Have you already checked out Amazon.ca? Lots of mediaplayers can be found there.
(2019-12-03, 16:32)whataboutbob Wrote: I am looking for an inexpensive box that will play format. That's pretty much it. I'm not interested in installing apps or playing games.
I just want it to smoothly play HEVC video files.

Smooth video playback means you need a device that does Kodi auto Frame Rate Matching.

If you want to stick with Android and 1080p HEVC the Mi Box S does that for a budget price.
You need to look for model numbers. MDZ-16-AB or MDZ-22-AB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking For Generic Android TV Box Recommendations0