Universal Movie Scraper Not Scraping 100%
I haven't used Kodi in a while. In the past I've had great success with that add-on. 99-100%. So many aren't this time. Is it still the best one to use?

Missed scrapes either show a thumbnail instead of poster or are blank.  If I right click a poster>information>refresh it says 'Locally stored information found. Ignore and refresh from Internet (Yes/No)'. I pick 'yes' and it successfully scrapes. What's the deal?

https://imgur.com/a/6B5vBxJ
[align=initial !important]
Windows & LibreElec.[/align]
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Not sure if I need to do a fresh install for accurate log. Here is the current log: https://paste.kodi.tv/qolacediya.kodi
Check two things...

1. Go to Settings>Media>Videos and ensure the setting Use video tags is Disabled
2. Go to Videos>Files>Context Menu on your Source>Change Content . Ensure you Enable Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title

Let us know if that works.

You have lots of \Sample folders. What do you keep in those as they are automatically excluded from scanning and scraping.

As a side note, your file and folder naming is terrible, so expect ongoing issues with scraping.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the replies. I've uninstalled Kodi and deleted data. Setting it up again. Noob moment--I don't see 'Use video tags'.
(2018-12-16, 16:26)Paft Wrote: I don't see 'Use video tags'.
Nope, noob moment for me. It is a v18 setting, but you are on v17.6 so ignore.
My Signature
I still don't see that option in Kodi v18 "Leia" RC 3. Is Universal Movie Scraper the ideal choice or will the default selected one suffice?

It's still doing it anyway. Just briefly tried Media Companion, but no joy: https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/9...aping_100/

I guess I will just have to right click, info,refresh,yes pick or manually type the name. Pretty quick to do.  It's odd because many of them already show the correct movie title but are missing everything else. Often the correct movie is also the first in the list.

edit: Like you said my media file names aren't ideal. I recall Kodi being great at scraping my stuff..Maybe I just didn't have as many films at the time. Cannot remember.
(2018-12-18, 23:00)Paft Wrote: I still don't see that option in Kodi v18 "Leia" RC 3
Increase your Settings Permission from Standard. (bottom left corner of screen)

(2018-12-18, 23:00)Paft Wrote: Is Universal Movie Scraper the ideal choice or will the default selected one suffice?
Ideal Choice? Don't know, and depends what you are trying to achieve. Both Universal and the Default are as good as each other. But the Default scraper is the Default scraper for a reason... and I am guessing you should stick with it.

(2018-12-16, 01:19)Karellen Wrote: 2. Go to Videos>Files>Context Menu on your Source>Change Content . Ensure you Enable Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title
Did yo do this??

(2018-12-18, 23:00)Paft Wrote: It's still doing it anyway. Just briefly tried Media Companion, but no joy: https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/9...aping_100/
I am not sure why you are posting the same questions at reddit. Team Kodi does not assist there, and any advice you are given there is not ours.

I am guessing your issues are due to your movies being stored in RAR files. I don't know how the scraper works with RAR files and I have never used them, and it is quite weird having them saved that way.

As you now installed a Fresh version of Kodi, can you please provide another Debug Log which captures you trying to scrape a few movies. And give me the names of the movies you tested. If you are using Universal Movie Scraper, then tell me what you have set in the sEttings pages. Are you using IMDB or TMDB?
My Signature
-'Use video tags' is disabled by default.
-I Enable Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title.
-I just had reddit open at the time. I am aware of that.

Well, it's still not auto scraping fully which as you've mentioned could likely be down to the files and naming system. I'll just manually fix them.

Thanks for the responses.
Sorry to bump but I still cannot solve this. Many films have the same file names which include year, format etc and scrape fine whilst others I still have to use the refresh button and manually pick the film from the scrape list, even if that's the only result.

I've even used media managers such as TinyMovieManager,
Preview: i.imgur.com/pDFg7JL.jpg
(no edit option)

So..it must be file name related,I'm getting somewhere.

I used the 'rename & cleanup' option in Tiny Movie Manger. It renames a film to Just 'Film Name (year)'. I tried updating the labary, that didn't work. I still had to click 'refresh' but this time clicking 'no' for 'Locally stored information found. Ignore and refresh from the internet?' actually pulled the metadata. Not any better really since I still have to manually do that for loads of films.

I deleted the appdata folder to start fresh and added a single film that I know wouldn't display any data. It displays now.
(2019-12-15, 03:09)Paft Wrote: Sorry to bump but I still cannot solve this
Couldn't you have waited another week and ask on your 1 year anniversayr? Wink

Need a Debug Log which captures you scraping Arctic (2018) and a couple of other movies that you have problems with. Make sure to provide the names.

Also need your settings file for Universal Movie Scraper. It is locate (on Windows) C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\metadata.universal\ or equivalent in whichever OS you are using and upload to Kodi Paste Site and provide the link
My Signature
Ha! Yeah time flies.

So I've just added a small selection for now.

Starfish and Stockholm are two for example that haven't pulled any metadata. I did use The Movie Database this time.

TMD Settings:

https://paste.kodi.tv/uvulanohul.kodi

Christmas Log - Document exceeds maximum length - Pasted elsewhere - Its 4.15MB:
https://privatebin.net/?b6bc3aca7c454710...TfWYX8MvEA
I cannot open that log. Nothing happens when I click on the link.

Also that is the wrong settings.xml file. You have gone to the wrong folder. Please check the address I gave you exactly.
My Signature
That path doesn't exist for me for settings.xml

I have these:
C:\Users\ME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\metadata.universal\resources
https://paste.kodi.tv/onujideyup

or
C:\Users\ME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org\resources:
https://paste.kodi.tv/eboqumikop

Log:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1m4c0s916v3vwng/kodi.log

EDIT: Not sure what I've done but the problem ones seem to be scraping now. TMM probably helped.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper Not Scraping 100%0