Deprecated Missing Movie Scanner
(2019-09-13, 08:19)Karellen Wrote: @brucecao

Read here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2693885

Use the Event Log (wiki)
Thanks!
(2019-09-13, 08:19)Karellen Wrote: @brucecao

Read here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2693885

Use the Event Log (wiki)
The event log does not capture all the movies that are missed, plain and simple. However, I think in some cases this is because the scraper doesn't even see them for Kodi to enter the failure.   I do not know what to do to correct this, as it seems to just be ignoring the folders in the directories entirely. Usually when it can't find something you will see the title flash by only once during the scan.  When a movie is found, it shows the name, and then the name again, usually with the year. I had to take a break from Kodi when I moved and this is a completely fresh install with no imported library or anything like that. I am missing 50+ movies that scraped fine before, and for those titles I see no acknowledgement of their existence at all. Just a cursory check and then to the end of the scan. I used to make a note of these "single finds" as it was scanning and then go correct and scan again.  Now that doesn't seem to even happen.

Because I preserve all the movies I have on DVD as VIDEO TS inside individual folder names, it is difficult for me to sort through the list in the event log, should anything be in there.  Everything shows up as the individual VOBs, which of course all have the same name for each movie.  Is there a way that the full path can be shown? I only see it sometimes at the top. I don't see anything in the context menu.  I am left to see if I can decipher what movie it is via watching a portion of the VOB, if a preview is even available.

Many versions ago, there was a way to get to the "Files" list, and it actually did show you the files in the directory.  If the file had been successfully scraped in to the library there was a dot next to the name of the movie. it was super easy to scroll down and see what had not been added. Now, in Leia, going to files seems to simply take you to the library as it exists.

I have scrolled through and searched on this topic and haven't really seen a solution. I really wish there wasn't such a hostile attitude toward users, we are just trying to get things to work.
@jcmaedl

(2019-12-16, 08:16)jcmaedl Wrote: Everything shows up as the individual VOBs, which of course all have the same name for each movie.
Yep, I'm hearing you. A bug report has been submitted as another user reported the same issue... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/17027 No other help in that regard until a developer decides to take on the fix.

(2019-12-16, 08:16)jcmaedl Wrote: Now, in Leia, going to files seems to simply take you to the library as it exists.
Not really. In Estuary I can easily tell the difference between scraped and unscraped, and different skins make it more obvious than others.
eg. In Estuary using Videos>Files the icon changes from a folder icon to a square dot

But if you want me to look at your scraping problem, submit a log and I will check it. There is a known issue when Original Title is not English, and an English translation exists.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-12-16, 08:26)Karellen Wrote: @jcmaedl
(2019-12-16, 08:16)jcmaedl Wrote: Everything shows up as the individual VOBs, which of course all have the same name for each movie.
Yep, I'm hearing you. A bug report has been submitted as another user reported the same issue... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/17027 No other help in that regard until a developer decides to take on the fix.
(2019-12-16, 08:16)jcmaedl Wrote: Now, in Leia, going to files seems to simply take you to the library as it exists.
Not really. In Estuary I can easily tell the difference between scraped and unscraped, and different skins make it more obvious than others.
eg. In Estuary using Videos>Files the icon changes from a folder icon to a square dot

But if you want me to look at your scraping problem, submit a log and I will check it. There is a known issue when Original Title is not English, and an English translation exists. 

wow thanks for the instant response!

Glad to know there is at least some notice that the info could be more helpful.  The image you posted is interesting... I can't say that all mine appear there because I know there are some missing. Maybe there is something wrong with the way I have the source configured.  I will check again.
(2019-12-16, 08:31)jcmaedl Wrote: I can't say that all mine appear there because I know there are some missing
This is in Videos>Files>YourSource which is just a basic file browser (like Windows Explorer) and not dependent on the Library database. It will show a listing of folders and files, so all your raw movies folders and files in that selected Source must appear. If they don't... then that folder and files do not exist in your source.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-12-16, 08:35)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-12-16, 08:31)jcmaedl Wrote: I can't say that all mine appear there because I know there are some missing
This is in Videos>Files>YourSource which is just a basic file browser (like Windows Explorer) and not dependent on the Library database. It will show a listing of folders and files, so all your raw movies folders and files in that selected Source must appear. If they don't... then that folder and files do not exist in your source. 
Yes that is where I was looking... I think the problem may be that I am using a multipath source... It looks like everything from one of the items is what is missing. I can see them as one list if I use the File Manager found in settings, but not if I use Videos->Files->MySource, even though if I choose MySource and bring up contextual menu, it shows the multipath correctly.
(2019-12-16, 08:46)jcmaedl Wrote:
(2019-12-16, 08:35)Karellen Wrote:
Yes that is where I was looking... I think the problem may be that I am using a multipath source... It looks like everything from one of the items is what is missing. I can see them as one list if I use the File Manager found in settings, but not if I use Videos->Files->MySource, even though if I choose MySource and bring up contextual menu, it shows the multipath correctly. 
I just deleted and re-added the source and scanning appears to be functioning correctly. I hadn't made the connection that the titles were all from one of the sources because they are all just movies like the others - I only knew the count was off.  So, when I looked at the screen you posted on my end, it indeed did not have those folders for unscraped items, and the count was the library count, which looked to me like this was an echo of the library. I'm glad to know that is still there because by far this seems the easiest and fastest way to find missing stuff. Not sure what happened with my source, but thanks again for the swift and helpful responses, I'm all sorted out now.
You are welcome Smile
My Signature
Quote:This addon should be considered obsolete.
Just run library scan and then visit the "event log" which is located in settings. There you will get a list of all that is not added to your library.

Unfortunately this is just flat out not true. The event log will show files that have not been added inside of an unscanned folder, however if a folder gets recognized as a series/movie then the event scanner ignores anything that gets missed inside it. In my version "upgrade" to 18.5 and the subsequent redoing my whole library i'm getting numerous empty yet properly scanned series that were not so in my old library and the event log doesn't detect the unscanned video files. A perfect example of this is one of my anime series that in the old library was either in absolute order or tvdb changed their season numbering and so the series was scraped and added 14 episodes and one special, yet left the other 14 episodes that are considered season 2 but not named so. The event log showed nothing on the initial library scan and nothing in subsequent "Update library" scans. It is likely that in my old library I saw those last 14 not scanned in via Missing Movies and then changed the series to absolute order instead of changing their file names. In my new library I wouldn't have known about it at all if I hadn't actually had to add a date to that particular series to get it to scrape properly instead of a newer side-story version of a similar name, and thus noticed in the series information page when I was navigating to change the art banners that it only had 15 episodes scanned.

So it is better than nothing, but it is a pretty far cry from the performance the original addon was able to provide. I sincerely hope that someone picks the addon back up and restores functionality.
On that particular topic, it's worth double-checking that you're still actually using TVDB. From v18 onward the default scraper for TV shows is now TMDB, not TVDB.

Even on an upgraded install if you add a new source the default is TMDB - if you want TVDB you need to install it from the official repo and select it as the scraper.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-14, 16:38)DarrenHill Wrote: On that particular topic, it's worth double-checking that you're still actually using TVDB. From v18 onward the default scraper for TV shows is now TMDB, not TVDB.

Even on an upgraded install if you add a new source the default is TMDB - if you want TVDB you need to install it from the official repo and select it as the scraper.

Yes, I noticed the default source change and changed it back to TVDB each time. The default scraper change should actually illuminate the problem more so of the event log missing things, since it is easily possible that with a different system things could be missed in a transition easier, with the log still showing the missed video files inside of a recognized series.
Hi, great addon, but It only shows you how many movies you are missing in your library, but it doesn't add to the library, so my problem it is the same.

I kwew that I had missing movies, but I can not add them to the library.

Any solution to that?
I've beein using the add-on for years now but sadly lately i got some issues with it:
* Scanning for "Missing TV Shows" i get a couple of empty folders (in addition to the expected results)
This is probably caused by somce database snafu not by your plugin but i would appreciate any ideas how to fix that ..
* Scanning for Sources only works for a bout half my sources (this worked a while back, if i remember correctly with some of the 18.x bugfix releases ... am on 18.6 now)

cheers
Words from the original author of this add-on

(2018-01-20, 13:20)Martijn Wrote: This addon should be considered obsolete.
Just run library scan and then visit the "event log" which is located in settings. There you will get a list of all that is not added to your library.

This means the addon is no longer supported, and most likely any questions you have will remain unanswered.
My Signature
ah, too bad.
are there any plans to make this or any other way to figure out what didn't scan a part of core functionality?
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Movie Scanner1