• 171(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2019-12-05, 08:55)sanjonny Wrote: ImageImageSouth Park is acting up. When adding new episodes with the latest 11/29 dll I get this problemImagelink to image of desktop

I know in the past when I ran into this, I basically left everything as it was, removed the show from database, closed emm and restarted and then rescanned so that my custom stuff was still there and then scraped the show again and it would repopulate whatever went wrong. Also i tried posting the image thru the image link above but it would not work...
just in case it doesn't show up, it throws an invalid date time error. I think this is an old bug, but maybe since there is so much content in the folder...23 seasons or something, I just don't quite remember how to get it to work. I checked thetvdb and it appears that things are working on their end. South park in my entries got screwed when thetvdb stuff started, but I am scared to wipe all the nfos and start over, though i did get rid of the tvshow.nfo before I tried rescanning but that didn't seem to fix it. I know usually it might be a file name throwing it off but since  I think this is like 50 gb or more of content, I have to back it up before I really go screw with it or delete everything because I would hate to lose all the nfos...
I tried rescrape season and such but that changes nothing. I did about two weeks ago make custom nfo when thetvdb started their "upgrade" which i know sometimes causes problems but I deleted those which usually rectifies this. Anyway...help?
sorry, i guess cause I tried posting image, it wont let me edit. Wanted to say that the problem is with season 23, the first couple episodes were scanned correctly before thetvdb blew everything up, but i had manually done a couple and now when it all reverted, it just shows South Park S23E01, South Park S23E22, etc, where before the data was there and rescrapping just brings up blank windows on the episode or season, while rescraping the show gives the date time error. I am guessing this might be thetvdb problem too but just not sure.
(2019-12-03, 01:05)DanCooper Wrote:
(2019-12-02, 20:54)msavazzi Wrote: Dan,Soo nice to see it's still alive and development continues Smile I've been "away" for quite a while Smile 

I have no other hobbies Tongue Greetings to Italy! 
Dan,
maybe a silly question but on GitHub I do not see any commit since 2018... am I wrong?
where is the latest code?

M
(2019-12-08, 00:39)msavazzi Wrote:
(2019-12-03, 01:05)DanCooper Wrote:
(2019-12-02, 20:54)msavazzi Wrote: Dan,Soo nice to see it's still alive and development continues Smile I've been "away" for quite a while Smile 

I have no other hobbies Tongue Greetings to Italy!     
Dan,
maybe a silly question but on GitHub I do not see any commit since 2018... am I wrong?
where is the latest code?

M    
I work in the "new_code_cleanup" branch. You can take a look, but does not make any sense to change something on code because it's under heavy re-coding. But it's compilable if you disable/unload the projects "Scraper_Test" and "UnitTest". The "DB\MyVideosDBSQL.txt" is not up-to-date, so you need an older ".\Ember MEdia Manager\Profiles\PROFILENAME\MyVideosXY.emm" that can be updated to the latest state. Also I working on the new DB interface to remove all the SQL queries outside of the clsAPIDatabase. It always was a pain to check and change all external queries to match a change inside the DB.

What I'm working on:
  • Move all settings pages into individual Forms: nearly done.
  • It was a pain to open and work in the dlgSettings beacause of hundrets of controls and funtions. All pages are aleady moved outside into own Forms, but still have to re-code 50% of them.
  • Splitt the Manager settings (basically all GUI settings and GUI related save states) from the API settings: nearly done. The traget is to cleanup the API settings from all of the not API related settings. It think at some point we can release the API in .NET Core with the target that other users can create a GUI for Mac and Linux.
  • Create new settings.xml with common used classes to reduce code duplicates. ATM it's not possible just because we have different classes for movie, movieset and tv show. With the new setting classes we can use the same code for common workflows.
  • Finish the DB interface for the main app and addons
  • Update all scrapers to the latest APIs (if they work... hi TVDb Big Grin )
  • go thru the bug tracker list an check if all bugs has been fixed
One question - when im trying to update the rating value (IMDB) of some movies, emm does nothing ("Movie xxx was scrapped", but with no changes). What im doing wrong?
The fields like top250 etc. are working fine.
After full rescrape the rating value is up to date as well.
Hi Dan,
I noticed that the export function sometimes creates multiple records for movies that only exist once in the database. It seems that a record is exported for every audio track, so movies with only a single audio track are fine, but those with 2 or 3 audio tracks are exported 2 or 3 times.
This has been mentioned before here in this thread but at the time it wasn't clear what caused the duplicates in the xml file.

I'm sure you have loads to do and it's by no means a showstopper but maybe you could take a look at it someday.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Hi, all - having a bit of an issue recently with Ember recently.  About 2 weeks ago, after not having run Ember for a couple months, I decided to catch up on updating my TV and movies metadata.

The last time I ran Ember, it performed fine.  However, for the last couple  weeks, it will not overwrite existing pictures for TV or movies when scraping.  It does overwrite existing nfo.
If a file doesn't previously exist, it will download the selected pic (banner, poster, etc.). 
However, if a file exists and I select a different image, it will not overwrite the existing file.  If I delete the existing file, Ember will download the new selected file.

I have checked my file permissions and there should be no restrictions.  I have tried deleting and reinstalling Ember, but no joy.
I tried selecting "keep existing" but that didn't make any difference, either.

I have tried searching the forums but couldn't find any help there.  Does anyone have siome suggestions, please?

My media is on a QNAP TS-453A and I am running Ember on Windows 10 laptop. 
I connect to folders on QNAP via Network share.  I have also tried mapping the shares as network drives - doesn't make any difference, still can't overwrite existing pics.
(2019-12-17, 20:49)Huisie Wrote: Hi, all - having a bit of an issue recently with Ember recently.  About 2 weeks ago, after not having run Ember for a couple months, I decided to catch up on updating my TV and movies metadata.

The last time I ran Ember, it performed fine.  However, for the last couple  weeks, it will not overwrite existing pictures for TV or movies when scraping.  It does overwrite existing nfo.
If a file doesn't previously exist, it will download the selected pic (banner, poster, etc.). 
However, if a file exists and I select a different image, it will not overwrite the existing file.  If I delete the existing file, Ember will download the new selected file.

I have checked my file permissions and there should be no restrictions.  I have tried deleting and reinstalling Ember, but no joy.

I have tried searching the forums but couldn't find any help there.  Does anyone have siome suggestions, please?

I connect to folders on QNAP via Network share.  I have also tried mapping the shares as network drives - doesn't make any difference, still can't overwrite existing pics.

Check the log (.\Ember Media Manager\Logs) or try to start Ember as Admin.
(2019-12-17, 20:55)DanCooper Wrote:
(2019-12-17, 20:49)Huisie Wrote: Hi, all - having a bit of an issue recently with Ember recently.  About 2 weeks ago, after not having run Ember for a couple months, I decided to catch up on updating my TV and movies metadata.

Hi, Dan, thanks for responding.

I tried your suggestions - I opened Ember as admininstrator and checked the log files.  The only error I can find in the logs is as below:

Time:33:22.6
logger: EmberAPI.Images
callsite: EmberAPI.Images.SaveToFile
threadid: 1
level: ERROR
(2019-12-18, 21:43)Huisie Wrote:
(2019-12-17, 20:55)DanCooper Wrote:

I tried your suggestions - I opened Ember as admininstrator and checked the log files.  The only error I can find in the logs is as below:

The message is only "SaveToFile"?
(2019-12-18, 22:13)DanCooper Wrote:
(2019-12-17, 20:55)DanCooper Wrote: Check the log (.\Ember Media Manager\Logs) or try to start Ember as Admin.   

That's all I get, I'm afraid - would it help if I posted the full log file?  I actually did try loading it to https://paste.kodi.tv/ but kept on getting an error.
(2019-12-19, 18:27)Huisie Wrote:
(2019-12-18, 21:43)Huisie Wrote: Hi, Dan, thanks for responding.

That's all I get, I'm afraid - would it help if I posted the full log file?  I actually did try loading it to https://paste.kodi.tv/ but kept on getting an error.
Yes. You can post it on pastebin.com
(2019-12-17, 20:55)DanCooper Wrote: Check the log (.\Ember Media Manager\Logs) or try to start Ember as Admin.   

Hi, Dan - as it's a csv file, when I double-ckicked it, it automatically opened in Excel.  Propably not the best fo rreading error logs ...
I opened the csv with Notepad++.  The error message looks like this:

2019-12-18 19:33:22.5760,EmberAPI.Images,EmberAPI.Images.SaveToFile,1,ERROR,SaveToFile,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.IO.IOException: Incorrect function.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at EmberAPI.Images.SaveToFile(String sPath)*   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at EmberAPI.Images.SaveToFile(String sPath)"
(2019-12-19, 18:34)Huisie Wrote: Hi, Dan - as it's a csv file, when I double-ckicked it, it automatically opened in Excel.  Propably not the best fo rreading error logs ...
I always use Excel to read these error logs. You can open an empty table and use the Import function. Than your also able to filter by column values. But Notepad++ works also fine.
(2019-12-19, 18:34)Huisie Wrote: 2019-12-18 19:33:22.5760,EmberAPI.Images,EmberAPI.Images.SaveToFile,1,ERROR,SaveToFile,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.IO.IOException: Incorrect function.
This message says nothing really useful. It's also not possible to save/overwrite an image if Ember has created that image before?
(2019-11-25, 16:51)skyeia Wrote: Congratulations!
TheTVDB fixed the naming issue.

But another bad news, they removed all xml header (<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>)  of the xml files extacted from zip.
The API response is different before their shitty update, it broken the backward compatibility of API and broken the library that Ember is using.
And it seems that they are not treat it as bug and going fix it (Hope I was wrong).

TheTVDB Temporary Workaround (Use at Your Own Risk)
  1. Download the modified TVDB.dll
    • 👉 <TVDB.dll (20191129)Latest
      • Attempt to fix <displayepisode>4096</displayepisode> issue (Details)
      • Do not save incorrect <displayseason> and <displayepisode> to new scraped episode. (NEW SCRAPED episode only)
      • Note: As I am not clearly understand the usage of <displayepisode> and<displayepisode>, please try the previous version if these is any side effect.
    • 👉 <TVDB.dll (20191125)>
  2. Save it to the same directory with Ember Media Manager.exe
    Code:
    Ember Media Manager
      |-- Ember Media Manager.exe
      |-- TVDB.dll
  3. That's all
2019-11-25 19:15 GMT :
Season poster scraping is still not work.
It is another gift (bug) from their shitty update, their API* does not return any season poster.
*banners.xml from https://thetvdb.com/api/{API}/series/300472/all/en.zip 

I replaced the old TVDB.dll in the modules directory with this new one. This fixed the scraping issue. Thanks a lot for it.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
Hi all......I have been using EMM for many years and apart from an issue with regex, I never had problems. Recently I added a TV Show and when I tried scraping it, EMM didn't find it. I assumed it was corrupted so I tried adding another.....with same result. Next I left-clicked it to select TVDB from the list....and it was greyed out. Any idea what's going on ? Many thanks in advance.
  • 171(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2