• 9(current)
[REQUEST] TuneIn Radio Plugin?
Update V1.4.9 Adaption to Kodi Matrix (compatibility Python2/Python3)

Please install the addon new from Github (update with older addon will fail):  github.com/rols1/Kodi-Addon-TuneIn2017/releases/latest
Addationally install the kodi modul script.module.kodi-six, available at https://github.com/romanvm/kodi.six or https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre...tID=535951 (ZIP attached)

Tested: Linux (Kodi 18.3-1.6), Windows7 (Kodi 18.1), Raspi 3b+ (LibreELEC 9.0.1), Android 7.0 (Kodi 18.4 Leia), Windows10 (Kodi Matrix).

Please report if something does not work as expected.
/R
install TuneIn2017, FlickrExplorer or  ARDundZDF from Kodinerds-Repo (choose Krypton or Matrix with Tab "Kodi Version")
It works , thank you.

The only thing that bothers me is ugly icon and outdated year 2017, any chance of chanhing that?

Also, it is not possible to remove items from Favourites, long click, no option.
(2019-12-03, 20:38)banesi Wrote: It works , thank you.

1. The only thing that bothers me is ugly icon and outdated year 2017, any chance of chanhing that?

2. Also, it is not possible to remove items from Favourites, long click, no option.
1. I'm sorry, no at this point. As long as the main functions remain unchanged, I don't want to change the appearance.
Hint: Tunein2017 was created as Plex-Plugin 2017 (https://forums.plex.tv/t/rel-tunein2017/206910).

2. thanks, I look for a fix.
/R
install TuneIn2017, FlickrExplorer or  ARDundZDF from Kodinerds-Repo (choose Krypton or Matrix with Tab "Kodi Version")
(2019-12-03, 20:38)banesi Wrote: Also, it is not possible to remove items from Favourites, long click, no option.

I've tried some Fav's on Linux with Kodi 18.3 - add and remove works. Maybe it's an encoding problem with a station name. 
Please report the station, operating-system and kodi-version. 
What buttons are shown if a Fav ist choosen (should be one or more station button, recording start and recording stop, Fav remove  and Fav move).
/R
Strange, I tested on both Android and W10, Kodi v18.4.

I have only 4 options in context menu, Queue item, Play next, Play and Add to favorites. Also, when I find some radio station and add it to favorites, it doesn't appear there. Could be something on my end, will try to figure out...
(2019-12-04, 20:26)banesi Wrote: Strange, I tested on both Android and W10, Kodi v18.4.

I have only 4 options in context menu, Queue item, Play next, Play and Add to favorites. Also, when I find some radio station and add it to favorites, it doesn't appear there. Could be something on my end, will try to figure out...

Oh, misunderstanding!
Fav's for tunein you have - only - to handle with the Addon-functions. They correspond with Tunein and make the Fav's accessible on all devices that you use with Tunein. 
If you have choosen a station in TuneIn2017 you see one or more streams and below should be the buttons for the Favs (in Setttings the option "Fav's add/remove" must be set in category general).
At this time removing of Fav's are only possible in the Fav's folders (I'm working on it).
/R
to use the Tunein's Fav's-features, a (Free-)Account ist needed.
Maybe a look on the translation wicki could help a little.
/R
Yes I understand now, it's not so obvious but it it's fine of course. It's working, thank you!
(2019-12-04, 21:39)banesi Wrote: .. it's not so obvious ..

I agree. The reason is: TuneIn2017 was ported from a Plex-Plugin and Plex's Framework don't have such a build-in Fav-function like Kodi.
/R
Update V1.5.0 Fixes Fav's handling

Install new from Github or use the integrated updater. 

This update implement some little changes on tunein website.  
Adding, Deleting and Moving of favorites are working again like before. Existing favorites are recognized again in the stream lists.
Additionally the addon shows the http-/url-error if no playable stream could be found (see Wikipedia).

Please note: don't confuse Tunein's Favorites with Kodi's Favorites. If you set the favorite of a Kodi via context menu, this does not affect the favorites of Tunein and vice versa.. See also the previos posts.
Edit: I've added a wicki-page for this theme: https://github.com/rols1/TuneIn2017/wiki...TuneIn2017

Edit: Tunein ask for it's own playback app for some content (watched at Pocasts) - in this case a favorite does not appear in the addon's favorites list, only on tunein's website.
/R
Hi @rols1 

First of all thank you very much for creating the TuneIn2017 App. I've been using it for a while now and am very happy with it Smile

I have one question though, and I'm not sure if it's to do with the App, the Skin or Artist Slideshow so I'm sorry if this is nothing to do with the App...

I usually listen to radio stations on full screen and Artist Slideshow picks up on the Artist and Title and shows the correct fanart for the artist currently playing. It works with most radio stations but for example Kerrang! Radio shows the artist and title in the opposite order, so first Title and then Artist, and with that the Artist Slideshow does not find anything or an incorrect Artist. Or at least that's what it looks like.

Is that something that can be changed in TuneIn2017 or is that an issue with the Skin (Aeon Nox Silvo) or Artist Slideshow or something totally different?

Many thanks for your help and sorry if it's nothing to do with the App.
Smile
(2019-12-21, 15:04)bluezed Wrote: Hi @rols1 

First of all thank you very much for creating the TuneIn2017 App. I've been using it for a while now and am very happy with it Smile

I have one question though, and I'm not sure if it's to do with the App, the Skin or Artist Slideshow so I'm sorry if this is nothing to do with the App...

I usually listen to radio stations on full screen and Artist Slideshow picks up on the Artist and Title and shows the correct fanart for the artist currently playing. It works with most radio stations but for example Kerrang! Radio shows the artist and title in the opposite order, so first Title and then Artist, and with that the Artist Slideshow does not find anything or an incorrect Artist. Or at least that's what it looks like.

Is that something that can be changed in TuneIn2017 or is that an issue with the Skin (Aeon Nox Silvo) or Artist Slideshow or something totally different?

Many thanks for your help and sorry if it's nothing to do with the App.
Smile
Hi @bluezed,

nice to hear that you find the addon useful.
I haven't used an addon like Artist Slideshow so far, but I will try how to handle reversed artist/title.
It might take a few days (christmas preparations have priority Wink )..
/R
Is it possible to add a repo somehow so addon will auto-update itself whenever there is a newer version?
(2019-12-22, 10:32)banesi Wrote: Is it possible to add a repo somehow so addon will auto-update itself whenever there is a newer version?
I'm sorry, but I don't want to have additional work with a Kodi Repo. And for some reasons I'm not a big fan of automatic updates. But I would agree if someone would do a solution like with the Kodinerds Repo and my addon Kodi-Addon-ARDundZDF (an automated script fetches the last addon-release, creates a kodi-compliant zip file and integrates it in the Kodinerds Repo).
/R
Hi @bluezed,

Sorry for the delayed answer. First I had to find a suitable configuration for testing (script.artistslideshow, Kodi V 18.5, MusicBrainz Picard). Then I tested some streams from different stations and analyzed the debug log. Result in short: I'm not able to help. I try to explain, why:

After you pressed a stream button, the addon downloads the metadata of a stream for analyzing. Then the addon calls  the Kodi player with the stream url,  which plays the content and provides a JSONRPC-interface for other addons that perform visualisation, slideshows, etc.
At this point the addon gives up the control. Kodi's player (more precisely: the built-in ffmpeg-stack) continuously analyses the stream and retrieves the embedded info about artist and song.
Artist Slideshow uses a repeatedly JSONRPC-Call to Kodi to get info about artist and song. The info is mostly (I did not have seen other structures) returned in this form:
  • {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"item":{"artist":[],"label":"ANDREAS BOURANI - NUR IN MEINEM KOPF","musicbrainzartistid":[],"type":"song"}}}.
In this example the key "label" has the value "ANDREAS BOURANI - NUR IN MEINEM KOPF". ANDREAS BOURANI is the artist, NUR IN MEINEM KOPF is the  song.
If this is the usual output and a radio station change the order, there is no chance to detect this, not by Kodi, not by an addon. 

Maybe the developer of Artist Slideshow could find a solution with his experience.
/R
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] TuneIn Radio Plugin?3