XBOX Unable to find Inputstream Adaptive, after update 18.5 on XBox One
(2019-12-20, 01:40)mbone Wrote:
(2019-12-12, 16:50)Merdique Wrote:
(2019-12-10, 20:48)User 443881 Wrote: Can you guys like rollback to 18.4 on xbox store? Many random closes, issues now, addons not working since automatic upgrade no option to downgrade, widgets take longer to load. I think most on xbox would be very much appreciative. Or at least a fix of some sort would be really nice here so we don't feel so thrown under the bus. All the tv addons breaking for two weeks was stoked they were finally working again then now this :/

+1 for rollback   

Has this already been rolled back? I never saw an 18.5 update in the store on my Xbox one X. Instead, I see 18.4 available for update, even though I verified that I already have 18.4 installed. Is this happening to anyone else? I'd actually like to roll back to 18.3 since that's the last version I had that would allow installing milkdrop. Any way to go back to 18.3 either through the store or by some other means? 

I don't think so. I uninstalled Kodi just to see and re-installed but unfotunately I get 18.5. So if you're still on 18.4 then disable auto updates because 18.5 is not stable.
(2019-12-22, 22:50)Merdique Wrote: ...disable auto updates because 18.5 is not stable. 
18.5 is very stable, but simply does not include Inputstream Adaptive addon binary for the UWP build. You may be upset about that, but don't make blanket statements about Kodi that are incorrect.

As has been made clear in blogs and previous forum posts, the current active Kodi team lack expertise or even interest in Kodi on the Windows platform especially UWP/Xbox. Moaning will not help, in fact it will just piss off those that are trying to do what they can.
(2019-12-26, 17:07)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2019-12-22, 22:50)Merdique Wrote: ...disable auto updates because 18.5 is not stable. 
18.5 is very stable, but simply does not include Inputstream Adaptive addon binary for the UWP build. You may be upset about that, but don't make blanket statements about Kodi that are incorrect.

As has been made clear in blogs and previous forum posts, the current active Kodi team lack expertise or even interest in Kodi on the Windows platform especially UWP/Xbox. Moaning will not help, in fact it will just piss off those that are trying to do what they can. 

I don't even use inputstream. Kodi devs are pissed off by even suggesting that Kodi has the tiniest of bugs so that is nothing new. Calling it moaning is one example of this.
I have to force quit Kodi 18.5 maybe 1 out 3 times on my One S when I want to exit. I have one add-on installed, YouTube, and even if the YouTube add-on was the cause, that in my book would qualify as unstable since the YouTube addon works great on other OS versions of 18.5.
@Merdique you have a very odd interpretation of "unstable", does making a mountain from a mole hill work for you in any area of life? Anyway I can assure you it does not lead to motivating already over streached volunteers to spend time on anything. Devs are human, and yes some are more reactive/sensitive than others, we all have bad days too. Users can come over as very entitled and demanding, and treat devs as if they are providing a paid for service on behalf of some huge corporation. But it is the season of peace and goodwill, so never forget that we are volunteers giving our time and energy just for fun, and we will try to remember just how frustrating it can be when a piece of tech doesn't do what a user expects.

Quote:I have to force quit Kodi 18.5 maybe 1 out 3 times on my One S when I want to exit
What have you done about that? Have you reported it as Git issue along with all the details and debug log etc. ?  There may not be anyone with time, skill or interest to look into it, but without a clear report of the problem it is unlilkely to be solved. Also you may be able to provide some key information that will help others to improve Kodi. Or you can just call it "unstable".

UWP/Xbox is on the verge of becoming an unsupported platform, perhaps have a think about how you can best help avoid that sad outcome.
@DaveBlake Do you know if there's a reason 18.5 UWP didn't include the Inputstream addon from 18.4 rather than no inputstream at all?
Build system just doesnt work like that unfortunately.
Hey dev team, just following up here, any updates in regards to this issue?

I had to purchase another device to continue using my services until this is resolved. I miss using my Xbox and Kodi Smile

However, thanks again devs for all the great work and support.
(2020-01-12, 11:27)xefour Wrote: Hey dev team, just following up here, any updates in regards to this issue?

I had to purchase another device to continue using my services until this is resolved. I miss using my Xbox and Kodi Smile

Kayo user? I've been using the Edge browser when necessary & it's ok as a work around for now
(2020-01-23, 03:48)roadagain Wrote:
(2020-01-12, 11:27)xefour Wrote: Hey dev team, just following up here, any updates in regards to this issue?

Kayo user? I've been using the Edge browser when necessary & it's ok as a work around for now 

I use a Foxtel Go plugin for Kodi. 
so it’s a legitimate stream, I pay for fox I just prefer using my Xbox for everything. 

doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen Sad
Can any Xbox One users confirm that Inputstream is back in the latest Kodi 18.6?
(2020-03-03, 22:57)matthuisman Wrote: Can any Xbox One users confirm that Inputstream is back in the latest Kodi 18.6?

Hey Matt,

I installed 18.6 today. 
tried to run your fox go plugin.

Error: Kodi Windows Store (UWP) version does not support Widevine playback. Use the Kodi .exe installer from the Kodi website instead.

within the plugin settings/playback.
selecting install widevine CDM it shows the same error. 

Within Kodi: Add-ons/VideoPlayer Inputstream 
it shows a tick next to InputStream Adaptive v2.4.3
its showing as installed.

if there is anything you want me to test feel free to inbox me on here is also fine.

thanks.
that is normal - UWP doesn't support Widevine (https://www.matthuisman.nz/2018/05/kodi-...pport.html)
It'll work with Kayo plugin though as that uses HLS
(2020-03-06, 00:27)matthuisman Wrote: that is normal - UWP doesn't support Widevine (https://www.matthuisman.nz/2018/05/kodi-...pport.html)
It'll work with Kayo plugin though as that uses HLS

People are reporting that it worked with the previous version of Kodi on Xbox.
its frustrating because I have to buy an additional box for each TV just to use that plugin. 

hopefully it gets resolved.
No, your getting confused.
Widevine has never worked on the Xbox One (UWP).

Kodi 18.5 didn't include Inputstream Adaptive on Xbox - so that broke Kayo HLS playback.
Kodi 18.6 does include Inputstream Adaptive on Xbox - so Kayo HLS works.

Foxtel never worked as thats always needed Widevine.

You don't have to do anything.
No one is forcing you to use the add-on.
Go ask Foxtel to make an app for Xbox One
It's them who you are paying - so go make it their problem
(2020-03-07, 22:47)matthuisman Wrote: No, your getting confused.
Widevine has never worked on the Xbox One (UWP).

Kodi 18.5 didn't include Inputstream Adaptive on Xbox - so that broke Kayo HLS playback.
Kodi 18.6 does include Inputstream Adaptive on Xbox - so Kayo HLS works.

Foxtel never worked as thats always needed Widevine.

You don't have to do anything.
No one is forcing you to use the add-on.
Go ask Foxtel to make an app for Xbox One
It's them who you are paying - so go make it their problem

At what point did I say “forcing”?

I simply expressed my frustration about purchasing an additional piece of hardware for one simple function.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to find Inputstream Adaptive, after update 18.5 on XBox One0