• 36(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2019-12-16, 23:16)sualfred Wrote: Haven't read the complete thread yet (out of time atm), but in my quick testings the watched stated and progress reporting wasn't working from widgets. From a media window it was working fine. I guess you are already aware of it? If not I'll provide the logs after my next tests.
Yeah the home screen widgets have always been a huge mess in Kodi. Lots of workarounds and hacks to get them more or less working. That's why I haven't spent much effort on fixing issues that only arise there.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
is this why kodi has gone and replaced all its images with ones linked to my test jellyfin server ? 

I wanted to keep them as separate standalone media centres and now kodi heavily relies on jellyfin for metadata .. 

for some reason now all images are being read from jellyfin
(2019-12-22, 07:19)MasterCATZ Wrote: is this why kodi has gone and replaced all its images with ones linked to my test jellyfin server ? 

I wanted to keep them as separate standalone media centres and now kodi heavily relies on jellyfin for metadata .. 

for some reason now all images are being read from jellyfin
I'm not sure what you're talking about. The features discussed in this thread are not part of Kodi Leia or Matrix. You'd have to install a specific test build from this thread. Furthermore there's no support for Jellyfin either.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2019-12-15, 10:55)Montellese Wrote: I've never heard of Jellyfin. Maybe I'll take a look once everything works reliably for Emby ;-)

In case you're not aware, Emby did some licensing change and went closed source I think which created a big community fallout, Jellyfin is fork of the code before licensing was changed that is committed to remaining open source.
i just installed Jellyfin locally and tried it with the current mediaimporter.emby add-on and it most things work fine. Playback needs a small fix and trying to update the metadata on the Jellyfin server fails because it has a different versioning than Emby and currently doesn't support the new endpoint but apart from that everything looks like it's working.
Nice. Laugh . I guess a similar endpoint for update on Jellyfin would be great.

PlayCount, Played, PlaybackPositionTicks, LastPlayedDate.

Are those ones that would be needed in Jellyfin?
(2019-12-22, 18:22)LongMan Wrote: Nice. Laugh . I guess a similar endpoint for update on Jellyfin would be great.

PlayCount, Played, PlaybackPositionTicks, LastPlayedDate.

Are those ones that would be needed in Jellyfin?
Ideally the endpoint would be identical :-)
I've started new test builds for Win64, OSX and Android ARM / ARM64 see https://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Automation/...hoice/322/. These builds contain all the latest changes some of which are:
  • media importing
    • restructured / simplified the VFS as previously mentioned in this thread
  • mediaimporter.emby
    • some fixes to better support Jellyfin
    • improvements to better handle observing media providers
    • playback check-ins
  • mediaimporter.plex
    • improvements to better handle observing media providers
    • fixed updating last played date on Plex Media Server
Concerning Plex support beware that I only ever tried this with a local Plex Media Server. I never tried to access a remote Plex Media Server (because I don't have any).
Only the windows build succeeded.
I gave it a spin and was able to add both Emby and Jellyfin servers successfully and play media items.
I was under the impression that playback checkins meant I would see the playback progress server side. I am not seeing that with either Emby or Jellyfin.

Just to say this is really cool. I have items from Emby, Jellyfin and I kept the Emby for Kodi to sync music to the test machine and they all play together nicely. Really cool

Thanks again for your efforts.
Cheers,
LongMan

Edit: Playback checkins does work after i restarted the computer. Not sure what happened there but, this morning it shows in the server web page. Nice.
So I did a bit more testing. The log are
https://drive.google.com/file/d/172AWQeb...sp=sharing

I played,
  • Movie from Emby (checkin after 30s)
  • Movie from Jellyfin (checkin after 30s)
  • TV show from Jellyfin,
    • without Video Info Dialog (checkin after 30s)
    • use Video info Dialog choose "Browse",
      • Error: One or more items fail to play. Check the log for more information about this message.
        • Looks like the tried to play instead of browse.
  • TV show from Emby,
    • without Video Info Dialog (checkin after 30s)
    • Use Video Info Dialog,
      • same error as with Jellyfin
  • Music Video from Jellyfin
    • No checkin
  • Music Video from Emby
    • No Checkin

Hope that helps.
Cheers,
LongMan
BTW.  string #39559#
msgid "Processing media items from{:s}..." needs a space after from to make it , msgid "Processing media items from {:s}..."

the smiley is a auto correction. guess colon and s  means confused. ;)
(2019-12-23, 21:23)LongMan Wrote: BTW.  string #39559#
msgid "Processing media items from{Confused}..." needs a space after from to make it , msgid "Processing media items from {Confused}..."

the smiley is a auto correction. guess colon and s  means confused. Wink
Hm I thought I had fixed that a few days ago because I noticed it as well. I've fixed it now :-)
@Montellese,
If possible, could you do osx and linux builds for the Jellyfin guys. Seems windows is not so popular with devs anymore.
@LongMan

Disable smilies with the following option

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Didn't know that. Thanks.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10