• 28(current)
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?
Lately, for some reason, my Vero4K restarts over night so in the morning I find the TV turned ON.
Is there a way to disable the option that turns the TV ON when the box restarts? Looked thru the options but didn't find anything...
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2019-12-27, 02:05)ArieS Wrote: Lately, for some reason, my Vero4K restarts over night so in the morning I find the TV turned ON.
Is there a way to disable the option that turns the TV ON when the box restarts? Looked thru the options but didn't find anything...

This can be configured under Settings -> Input -> Peripherals; but more importantly, I'd suggest opening a support request so we can investigate why your device is rebooting in the night.

Cheers

Sam
(2019-12-27, 02:13)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2019-12-27, 02:05)ArieS Wrote: Lately, for some reason, my Vero4K restarts over night so in the morning I find the TV turned ON.

This can be configured under Settings -> Input -> Peripherals; but more importantly, I'd suggest opening a support request so we can investigate why your device is rebooting in the night.

Cheers

Sam 
Thanks Sam!
Not sure it would be useful as I'm still running Krypton on my Vero.
I need to upgrade 2 boxes and haven't had the time because the second one is a NUC with the MVC build...
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2019-12-29, 21:45)ArieS Wrote:
(2019-12-27, 02:13)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:

Cheers

Sam  
Thanks Sam!
Not sure it would be useful as I'm still running Krypton on my Vero.
I need to upgrade 2 boxes and haven't had the time because the second one is a NUC with the MVC build... 
I see. The first thing we would recommend is updating, as Krypton's a bit old.
You could also try move your userdata directory (/home/osmc/.kodi) away to start fresh and see if the issue persists

Sam
Hi I recently got a Vero 4k+ and the red led lights up when I switch it on, but there are green lines all over the screen. The red led light stays solid and doesn't go away. Is this likely a problem with the HDMI port or the cable itself?
(2020-03-12, 10:22)blizzardreign Wrote: Hi I recently got a Vero 4k+ and the red led lights up when I switch it on, but there are green lines all over the screen. The red led light stays solid and doesn't go away. Is this likely a problem with the HDMI port or the cable itself?
If the red led stays on for a long time, it's not booting properly.  Try reinstalling OSMC from an SD card using the latest image from the downloads page.
(2020-03-12, 10:22)blizzardreign Wrote: Hi I recently got a Vero 4k+ and the red led lights up when I switch it on, but there are green lines all over the screen. The red led light stays solid and doesn't go away. Is this likely a problem with the HDMI port or the cable itself?

It might be more pragmatic to deal with this at https://discourse.osmc.tv or myosmc.com/support.
It sounds like a potential power supply issue. If you have a USB cable, I'd suggest unplugging the power jack and try power off USB.
Can someone recommend usb powered hub I can buy at amazon?

Thanks
Most powered usb hubs should be good.
OSMC sell one on their site: https://osmc.tv/store/product/4-port-usb...wered-hub/

I'm using this TP Link and have had no issues:
https://www.amazon.ca/TP-Link-UH700-Tran...544&sr=8-3
(2020-04-13, 03:33)Temujin Wrote: Most powered usb hubs should be good.
OSMC sell one on their site: https://osmc.tv/store/product/4-port-usb...wered-hub/

I'm using this TP Link and have had no issues:
https://www.amazon.ca/TP-Link-UH700-Tran...544&sr=8-3
Thanks for the info
Just to say that I have the Vero 4k + with kodi buikd using Bello Skin and is incredible! Fluent and perfect including 4k streaming stuff.
Very glad that I choose the right box.
@wrxtasy 

In the first post you link a ugreen ethernet adapter and the link no longer works. Which one did you buy and what use do you have for it?
(2020-05-18, 00:12)Edworld Wrote: @wrxtasy 

In the first post you link a ugreen ethernet adapter and the link no longer works. Which one did you buy and what use do you have for it?

As you have a Vero 4K +, the built in adapter will provide better performance than an external adapter

Sam

The Ethernet adaptor is only relevant to the Vero 4K (which had 100Mbs Ethernet) not the Vero 4K+ (which is an updated model with Gigabit Ethernet and which won't benefit from a USB Ethernet adaptor)

In case you are still asking, I have a tp-link UE-300 which works fine in Vero4k and RPi.  Only up to USB2 speeds, of course.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?4