• 78(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
I went through the whole process as described on Nvidia forum and was able to install the latest drivers with 3D enabled. After that I went through the 3D setup and once that was finished my projector automatically switched to 3D mode (as I had hoped). Shortly there after I switched the resolution to 1080p (as it was showing as 720-3D) before and now I cannot get 3D back. 

I cannot find the switch under Windows 10, which was there with the old drivers to manually switch to 3D. I can play a SBS-3D rip in PowerDVD and nothing happens. It just plays like to side-by-side pictures. My projector doesn't recognize 3D either. In my installed programs, I can see that 3D Vision Controller and Stereoscopic 3D driver are installed. 

Since the 3D switch is no longer there in Windows to manually force 3D, what do I do now? Go back to older drivers (they were having issues with Kodi)  or is there any other solution? If it is the former then what's the last version of driver that had the manual 3d switch?
Global support and not just driver support is required for frame packed afaik.  SBS or TAB not sure because in essence they are just two 2D shifted images overlapping.  Without the enable 3D switch on in W10 1909 and every build back to W7, I get no 3D.  So the switch must be offered dependent on the GPU drivers providing it.  madVr provides a .reg that may bypass the global switch going direct to the registry but I'm not sure, never looked.  AMD still offers current drivers and support for 3D btw.  I repacked newer '3D removed' driver installs with the last available individual 3D drivers when first introduced.  They didn't reference with the other newer drivers correctly and failed to function.  I haven't tried your method but it may be fully functional gaming and partial functioning A/V given your symptoms? 

So, I've been using the last 3D driver release that's about 14 months old now.  416.81.  I repacked it with the last perfect HD audio driver that works for me.  388.59.  Everything functions perfect.  This includes display auto switching to the proper 3D mode and 1080p resolution you are struggling with.  I have zero problems using Kodi with these old drivers and this old GPU.  What are your symptoms? 

You didn't provide any specs especially your GPU model.  I use an ancient GPU that has drivers galore.  New GPU's are not driver backward compatible to older models so 3D may be out of the question.  Also consider if you are serious about quality, especially using a PJ, madVr will eventually be in your future if not already so you can get HDR to toned mapped SDR conversions.  Choose your GPU wisely when and if.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-12-24, 06:15)brazen1 Wrote: Global support and not just driver support is required for frame packed afaik.  SBS or TAB not sure because in essence they are just two 2D shifted images overlapping.  Without the enable 3D switch on in W10 1909 and every build back to W7, I get no 3D.  So the switch must be offered dependent on the GPU drivers providing it.  madVr provides a .reg that may bypass the global switch going direct to the registry but I'm not sure, never looked.  AMD still offers current drivers and support for 3D btw.  I repacked newer '3D removed' driver installs with the last available individual 3D drivers when first introduced.  They didn't reference with the other newer drivers correctly and failed to function.  I haven't tried your method but it may be fully functional gaming and partial functioning A/V given your symptoms? 

So, I've been using the last 3D driver release that's about 14 months old now.  416.81.  I repacked it with the last perfect HD audio driver that works for me.  388.59.  Everything functions perfect.  This includes display auto switching to the proper 3D mode and 1080p resolution you are struggling with.  I have zero problems using Kodi with these old drivers and this old GPU.  What are your symptoms? 

You didn't provide any specs especially your GPU model.  I use an ancient GPU that has drivers galore.  New GPU's are not driver backward compatible to older models so 3D may be out of the question.  Also consider if you are serious about quality, especially using a PJ, madVr will eventually be in your future if not already so you can get HDR to toned mapped SDR conversions.  Choose your GPU wisely when and if.
Thanks for the reply. I am using Geforce 1050 with Core i3 8100 CPU. Before the latest update, I tried many different drivers and came to the same conclusion that either I give up on 3D to use the latest drivers or just use old drivers because without the physical switch I could never get the 3D-rips to work. 

Is it possible to upload your packaged drivers for me to download and try?
It's pretty simple to rebuild the driver install yourself.  Myself and others have already mentioned here a couple different methods but here you go without hunting down the posts:

D/L 416.81 and 388.59.

Open 416.81 with WinRAR or the likes.  Delete HDAudio folder.  Open 388.59 with WinRAR and copy HDAudio folder to 416.81 archive and save.  Now you have 416.81 drivers including 3D with 388.59 specific audio driver.  Run the setup.exe file.

A 1050 has 3D drivers available and the above should work.  Be aware, if you game, you might require newer drivers without 3D.  In that case, you're on your own.  I don't game.  Also consider installing 416.81 just as it is without the edited audio driver.  I need that last good working audio driver for a very specific condition that may or may not affect you.

Happy holidays!
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-12-24, 18:13)brazen1 Wrote: It's pretty simple to rebuild the driver install yourself.  Myself and others have already mentioned here a couple different methods but here you go without hunting down the posts:

D/L 416.81 and 388.59.

Open 416.81 with WinRAR or the likes.  Delete HDAudio folder.  Open 388.59 with WinRAR and copy HDAudio folder to 416.81 archive and save.  Now you have 416.81 drivers including 3D with 388.59 specific audio driver.  Run the setup.exe file.

A 1050 has 3D drivers available and the above should work.  Be aware, if you game, you might require newer drivers without 3D.  In that case, you're on your own.  I don't game.  Also consider installing 416.81 just as it is without the edited audio driver.  I need that last good working audio driver for a very specific condition that may or may not affect you.

Happy holidays!
Thank you for the details. I will give it a try. 

I don't game on PC. My HTPC is strictly for movies/tv shows. I game on consoles Smile
@brazen1 
Thanks for the suggestion. Seems like that did the trick. I have the 3D switch back. I haven't tested 3D movies yet but that should work fine. 

One small concern is that the installed Netflix app does not see it as 4K compatible display. Like last night, I watched Witcher and it only showed HD version instead of Ultra HD that I see on my other PC (connected to 4k monitor). Is there any trick for that as well? As per Netflix troubleshooting HVEC codec is already installed.
(2019-12-24, 18:13)brazen1 Wrote: It's pretty simple to rebuild the driver install yourself.  Myself and others have already mentioned here a couple different methods but here you go without hunting down the posts:

D/L 416.81 and 388.59.

Happy holidays!
just got dvdfab 6 for my 3d stuff, and found that windows has updated my drivers - : (   . Is there a way to stop that for graphics specific drivers?
amd FX 6300 , 8GB ram, 1050TI. MB M5a97 LE r2.0
(2019-12-28, 18:44)jpil Wrote:

D/L 416.81 and 388.59.

Happy holidays!
just got dvdfab 6 for my 3d stuff, and found that windows has updated my drivers - : (   . Is there a way to stop that for graphics specific drivers? 
Same thing happened to me last night. While watching a 3D movie it automatically stopped and then 3D switch went away as well. While troubleshooting I noticed that drivers were updated and 3D drivers were removed. I reinstalled the old drivers and everything was back to normal. 

Under Windows update, I did not find any mention of display drivers being updated so it must be something related to Nvidia itseltf.
When you install, make sure to uncheck the nVidia experience option.
Next, go into Services and disable the nVidia spying telemetry.

That should work.

(2019-12-29, 01:52)brazen1 Wrote: When you install, make sure to uncheck the nVidia experience option.
Next, go into Services and disable the nVidia spying telemetry.

That should work.

Ok this is weird - I did a clean install using ddu , Driver installation fails every time - says not correct version for this version of windows ! So I may have to do a windows reinstall of an older version - I need a clean install anyway
update : if you want to roll back the driver to something that inc 3D vision , you will need to disconnect the pc from network . when doing that it works . I will be disabling telemetry and making sure that windows is set to NOT update graphics driver.
brazen1, how do you get those on screen details please....

Press Ctrl + J or Ctrl + Z.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to get 3d MVC MKVs to work with a GTX960 2GB. I really have no interest in 2d, 4k or HDR. It was my understanding that this should be possible with minimal effort using the Afedchin version of Kodi. I have an AMD FX6300 CPU and an Asrock 970 pro 3 motherboard. I use a Benq HT2050a projector. Do I need an Intel CPU? Over on the Afedchin board, it is made to sound like all that was needed was to add the libmfx32.DLL to the install folder. I tried that and the December MVC build and it didn't work. I got a top/bottom image, but the projector would have to be manually switched to 3d mode and frame packed wasn't a selectable option. Next I came to this forum and started the steps in the OP. Got an old enough driver installed, went through the Nvidia 3d setup (worked fine switching to 3d), then selected the resolutions at the end. Tried Kodi again, still didn't work right. Next I went to post #97 and set the Kodi settings to that in the post, ran Nvidia 3d setup again, left the 3d box checked and set resolutions again. I went looking for the Intel Media SDK 2016 download, but couldn't find it anywhere, so downloaded 2019 instead. When trying to install it complained of not having an Intel CPU, so I exited. I don't understand what the media SDK does anyhow? Next I created the advanced settings XML and tried Kodi again. When playing a 3d mkv, the projector goes into 3d frame packed mode and my glasses sync, but the image is not 3d. The movie I am testing has 3d credits at the beginning and they just show 2d with kind of a shadow behind them. I did NOT do the enable/disable bat files, because it seemed to be to do with using an external player, I'm just wanting to use Kodi. I also skipped the plugin, because that seemed to be for the bat files. My 3d mkv file plays fine, in 3d, on another machine with all Intel hardware with the MVC version of Kodi. If am in way over my head or just too thick to get it, please feel free to say so. I decided to try nvidia, because my Intel machine is now having audio sync issues and the Zidoo x9s I bought doesn't seem to play any 3d files, mkv or iso.
Thank you to anyone who can help.
Hello,
i would like to share the great tool BringBack3DV from robert256 that he posted into mtbs3d forum Here. Very easy to use and now i am able to get 3D back with latest nvidia driver 442.74 on my 1050TI  Rofl 
Sadly l do not get MPC-BE to play 3D movies but PowerDVD 17 works great. I wonder if this also work on RTX cards?
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39