• 30(current)
Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)
Hi,

I controll my Shield TV Pro 2019 with CEC commands with a Crestron solution. This works pretty well, but some commands are a little tricky.
So the contextmenu and info was needed to be remapped. I installed the addon and it worked. But I have the following questions:

1. If I am debugging CEC commands with the debuggerlog of Kodi, if there are commands which are not recognized within the log these
    commands can't be used, right? or is there a possibility to add some othere commands, so they will be useable for mapping?

2. I would need to remap some commands which are mapped by default to "Favouritemenu" and one command is mapped to playback skip +10s etc.
    Is there a possibility to delete the default mapping? I tryed with the addon but was not able to delete the mapping, it stays after saving the file.
    I believe because of that I can't map the new routing. I would like to use my EJECT CEC command which seems to trigger the favourites command
    in KODI to switch the language while playback of a movie. And the other CEC command "DOT" which triggers the period command in KODI to
    trigger the subtitles.
With debug logging enabled, any keystroke that Kodi receives is logged there. So if they are not in the log then Kodi isn't receiving them and they cannot be used by it.

It's unfortunately not so uncommon for TVs and other devices to limit which keystrokes they actually send via CEC, with some buttons/commands being used exclusively by the device itself and not passed on via CEC.

To delete mappings, either just assign new ones to the function, or if you want to turn something off and not replace it assign it the noop action.

How it basically works is there are the default keymaps, then there are user defined ones for the default profile and then after that ones defined for other profiles (if those are in use). They are loaded in that order, so any key mapping that is user defined overwrites the same key mapping from the default keymaps, and anything in keymaps in a profile overwrites those.

Any valid xml file in the keymaps folders are loaded (in alphabetical order iirc), so if you define the same key with different actions in a keymap alpha.xml and in omega.xml, the one in omega.xml will be the one used as it will overwrite the setting in alpha.xml as it was loaded last.

See the keymap (wiki) page on the wiki for more details.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks, OK the next audiolanguage works now, not shure why the subtitles don't work, but honestly these are not so important
to me and I will check next time.

I believe I need to set them up in Fullscreen Video and maybe I did it first and afterwards in global oder the other direction, so
with the first try it didn't work.
It depends a little on what you're trying to do and where, but yes setting them up for specific windows is often the case. Global will (as it's name suggests) affect everything, but if there are actions set up in both global and something specific (e.g. fullscreenvideo) then the specific one will take effect over the global one.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi!

I bought Chinese SNES controller, which works totally fine with RetroPie and Kodi. I was able to setup it as SNES controller in Kodi.
Later I wanted to modify R1 & L1 buttons for volume up/down and used keymap editor add-on.

It seems like I am able to change volume up/down, but nothing happens after I save changes.
Reboot did not help. It seems like keymap won't save my settings.

Any workarounds? I just want to use SNES controller instead of Android app on my phone and the only missing thing is volume control. I been trying to fix this for two days and no success  
Thanks in advance.
Heart 
I looked hard for a good place to put this but this is the best I could do.

I just want to say THANKYOU to the devs who created this addon. It's a real life-saver !
You even thought to make a backup of the old config files.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS ADDON !
Hi, 

I have a mecool KM9 pro and using coreelec.  I have installed a remote file in coreelec to use map my remote control, but eventhough all buttons are working OK, there is not "long push" in any of them.

That it is a problem in Kodi since I can not access to contextual menu (pushing OK button longer), so I thought in using Keymap to solve my problem

However, when editing my remote with Keymap, entering into navigate section, I found contextual menu.  I tried to configure it making a "long push" in "OK button", but Keymap just asigned Ok buton to contextual menu, just for a single push, not long push.

Is there any way to distinguish in Keymap editor addon between:
-  short push (normal push)
-  long push

Huh?

Thanks in advanced.
It depends if the remote is being seen as a remote or as a keyboard. Only the latter supports longpress keymaps at the moment.

If the remote is passing keypresses, then you can manually edit the gen.xml file that the addon produces to add it (I'm not sure the addon itself directly does support longpress). An example of the action of the enter key might be:

Code:
<enter>Select</enter>
<enter mod="longpress">ContextMenu</enter>

See the wiki page for keymaps (wiki) for more details, and the default keyboard.xml file for an example of usage.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-31, 12:57)DarrenHill Wrote: It depends if the remote is being seen as a remote or as a keyboard. Only the latter supports longpress keymaps at the moment.

If the remote is passing keypresses, then you can manually edit the gen.xml file that the addon produces to add it (I'm not sure the addon itself directly does support longpress). An example of the action of the enter key might be:
Code:
<enter>Select</enter>

See the wiki page for keymaps (wiki) for more details, and the default keyboard.xml file for an example of usage. 

Thanks a lot.  I will give it a try.
Regards,
---
(2020-01-31, 12:57)DarrenHill Wrote: It depends if the remote is being seen as a remote or as a keyboard. Only the latter supports longpress keymaps at the moment.

Code:
<enter>Select</enter>

Hi,  Just a quick question...

How do I know if the remote is being seen as a remote or as a keyboard?
(2020-02-28, 15:59)smp1 Wrote: I made some changes to the addon so now it works with Kodi 19 / Python 3.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tdq0o4mgko5phl...p.zip?dl=1

Your effort is commendable but I wouldn't recommend anybody to download unknown archives from the internet. Bettter if you submitted your code to github so it can be properly compiled.
(2020-03-02, 15:42)HeresJohnny Wrote: Your effort is commendable but I wouldn't recommend anybody to download unknown archives from the internet. Bettter if you submitted your code to github so it can be properly compiled. 
I have no interest to submit this to github.com/tamland/xbmc-keymap-editor because it has been abandoned for years.
There is nothing to compile, it's a Python script with minimal changes to the original addon and this can be easily verified with a text editor.
(2020-03-02, 16:01)smp1 Wrote: There is nothing to compile, it's a Python script with minimal changes to the original addon and this can be easily verified with a text editor.

Really, nothing against you personally, but to verify the contents I'd have to open the zipfile which is the point where any infection already takes place.
I wonder if it is possible to map a key to invoke custom bash script?
Background: I have a custom bash script located in /storage/backup/scripts and I would like to map a key on my TV remote that will launch this script.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)7