Is there a way to (bulk) copy one field to another, like Filename into Sorttitle?
Hi all,

Still feeling my way around the best way to organise Movie orders.  

My current collection includes some Movies with Filenames that are different to their actual movie Titles, to ensure that they show up in the correct order in the filesystem (eg Thor 1, Thor 2 The Dark World, Thor 3 Ragnarok).  I would like to be able to copy that naming convention into Kodi.  I understand that the Sorttitle field can be used to control how Movies appear in the Display list.

Is it possible to use TMM to copy the Filename for selected Movies to the Sorttitle field?  I tried searching for the answer, but couldn't find it.  The closest thing I could see in the TMM GUI is the Edit > Bulk Editing > Set Sorttitle (which appears to copy in TMM's own display title to that field, but it's not clear to me how TMM's display title is set, or whether I can easily populate that field).  I'm familiar with the MP3Tag program, which allows tagging based on filenames.  

Thanks!

B
(2020-01-08, 16:06)Bukso Wrote: Hi all,

Still feeling my way around the best way to organise Movie orders.  

My current collection includes some Movies with Filenames that are different to their actual movie Titles, to ensure that they show up in the correct order in the filesystem (eg Thor 1, Thor 2 The Dark World, Thor 3 Ragnarok).  I would like to be able to copy that naming convention into Kodi.  I understand that the Sorttitle field can be used to control how Movies appear in the Display list.

Is it possible to use TMM to copy the Filename for selected Movies to the Sorttitle field?  I tried searching for the answer, but couldn't find it.  The closest thing I could see in the TMM GUI is the Edit > Bulk Editing > Set Sorttitle (which appears to copy in TMM's own display title to that field, but it's not clear to me how TMM's display title is set, or whether I can easily populate that field).  I'm familiar with the MP3Tag program, which allows tagging based on filenames.  

Thanks!

B
Really not sure whether or where to post this.  It's not really an addon, just a hacked together Python script to automate modification of NFO files generated by TMM.  Thought some here might find it useful.  Text of script, including comments with instructions and warnings is at hutusokina.kodi (paste).  User discretion is advised.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to (bulk) copy one field to another, like Filename into Sorttitle?0