• 42(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2020-01-12, 11:25)Montellese Wrote:  
Please install the media import repository and install / update the media importer add-ons from there. This way you should get all necessary dependencies.

Changelog
  • Fixed database creation / migration for MySQL
  • mediaimporter.emby now supports direct play and direct stream

Hi all,
i will try this version.

with the last one, i see the media option in the upnp service settings. enable it and than i could see my dlna server, add it to the library but i have no options on the source.
nothing to configure. Like in the normal kodi build. Am i too stupid?

Than, when i disable and enable upnp or your settings, the dlna isnt visible anymore. Must be a bug, cause the other Kodi stick with 18.5 still can browse the upnp server.

Perhaps i did not undrstand the configuration of the source. My understanding is, add the source (upnp) and than a popup comes up where i van configure the source, which is
missing in he normal kodi tree, or is your addon scanning automatically in the background?

i try the newest build now. Amazon tv stick is the test, on my i leave 4k is the normal 18.5.

Thanks for the compile infos, will try it next week.
here is my log
https://paste.kodi.tv/rodedazuno.kodi

cant play the Maleficient movie.

should i tweak something?
Current setup: SONY XG8096
Previous setup: Mecool KM9 PRO - Kodi Leia 18.5 | xiaomi mibox 3 - kodi Leia 18.3 | MXIII - Some Kodi version - LibreELEC | Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 - Pipplware - LibreELEC
(2020-01-13, 00:56)Norin_Radd Wrote: here is my log

I found this line in the logs
Code:
ERROR: ffmpeg[0x8c9e3020X]: [matroska,webm] Read error
It looks like our ffmpeg integration doesn't support this. Unfortunately I have no idea of the video player part of Kodi. Does it work with Emby for Kodi? And if so can you check how it plays / streams the movie? Does it transcode?

The Emby media importer add-on currently doesn't support transcoding.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi,
so, with the newest build, same problem, could no view my dlna.

Than, i delete data and cache, restart kodi und switch upnp in settings on. Than, after i think 5 min i could see
my dlna. Than, i am an idiot, i define the media source setting for synchronizing movies.

No idea if it sychronizes, i see no change, no movie in my library.

So sorry for me to be too stupid to see the media source config.

But as with the last version, my dlna switched to inactive media source and is not visible anymore, not in media source and also
when i try to add it as upnp video source.

my 4k 18.5 still sees the dlna server.
@Niene,

The UPnP part of the project was aimed at Kodi to Kodi Media Importing. However, other UPnP servers which support searching for specific media types (movies, tvshows, ...) are supported.

Which dlna server are you using?
(2020-01-13, 01:16)Montellese Wrote:
(2020-01-13, 00:56)Norin_Radd Wrote: here is my log

I found this line in the logs
Code:
ERROR: ffmpeg[0x8c9e3020X]: [matroska,webm] Read error
It looks like our ffmpeg integration doesn't support this. Unfortunately I have no idea of the video player part of Kodi. Does it work with Emby for Kodi? And if so can you check how it plays / streams the movie? Does it transcode?

The Emby media importer add-on currently doesn't support transcoding. 
the movie plays but it has breaks and stops, it seems it cannot stream properly, the same happens with one 1080p movie.
Previous setup: Mecool KM9 PRO - Kodi Leia 18.5 | xiaomi mibox 3 - kodi Leia 18.3 | MXIII - Some Kodi version - LibreELEC | Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 - Pipplware - LibreELEC
Try to play that file directly with Kodi. file view or add the source to Kodi
(2020-01-13, 05:22)LongMan Wrote: Try to play that file directly with Kodi. file view or add the source to Kodi

its on google drive, i have mounted the drive in my seedbox where i have my jellyfin and plex server also.

heres a new log of me trying other movies, some would play others don´t https://paste.kodi.tv/wapupigeta.kodi

i tried to import with myplex option but couldn´t connect to server for import, i wanted to test playback with plex.

@Montellese did you check this log to see if theres any news on this new log?
(2020-01-13, 02:41)LongMan Wrote: @Niene,

The UPnP part of the project was aimed at Kodi to Kodi Media Importing. However, other UPnP servers which support searching for specific media types (movies, tvshows, ...) are supported.

Hi Longman,
my upnp Server is Gerbera, a Mediatomb clone on linux x64 (centos 8).
It is a very simple one, but at the moment the only one for me that runs on my
linux server. I used mediatomb for years. Gerbera is a fork.

For me, it looks like kodi 19. has a problem with my dlna, because under 18.5 the dlna is searchable. Not
for the library, but i can browse with kodi through my dlna and can play movies.

My undestanding is, that the addon adds upnp source to the kodi library, that was missing under 18.x.

is there an easy part to get log files from kodi (firetv) to a pc?

For better debugging i want to compile the stuff on my linux client. Now i have the github comands and i will try this this week.
(2020-01-13, 09:48)Niene Wrote:
(2020-01-13, 02:41)LongMan Wrote: @Niene,

Hi Longman,
my upnp Server is Gerbera, a Mediatomb clone on linux x64 (centos 8).
It is a very simple one, but at the moment the only one for me that runs on my
linux server. I used mediatomb for years. Gerbera is a fork.

For me, it looks like kodi 19. has a problem with my dlna, because under 18.5 the dlna is searchable. Not
for the library, but i can browse with kodi through my dlna and can play movies.

My undestanding is, that the addon adds upnp source to the kodi library, that was missing under 18.x.

is there an easy part to get log files from kodi (firetv) to a pc?

For better debugging i want to compile the stuff on my linux client. Now i have the github comands and i will try this this week. 
TBH I haven't tested UPnP importing in a while and in the past I only ever tested it between Kodi and Kodi. The UPnP specifications are not very specific when it comes to media type representation etc. so there are a lot of things that can go wrong when trying to import media items from any UPnP server. If you think there are general issues with Kodi Matrix and UPnP you could also try a regular nightly build without media importing e.g. http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android...bi-v7a.apk.

Concerning debug log access please see https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I had time for a quick shot again.
  • Resume points aren't set correctly if playback has been started from a widget. Items get marked "watched".
  • Playback reporting to the server is sometimes not working. It is shown for a millesecond and than it's gone. If this happens the item is storing the progress correctly (issue #1). The log has some "RuntimeError: XBMC is not playing any file" issues. Looks like a race condition. I've noticed you are using "onPlayBackStarted()". I guess switching to to "onAVStarted()" should help. Log -> https://paste.kodi.tv/ituwiqikar.kodi
  • Extra artworks are wrong or not stored. For movies only "Logo" will be recognized but it has to be stored as "clearlogo". Same happens for TV shows but there is also a empty "banner" value. Take a look on EmbyCon for reference: https://github.com/faush01/plugin.video....#L235-L289
  • Kodi startup up sync is taking quite long (up to 2 minutes). Emby has server side plugin that is collecting changes for Kodi. It was made for Emby for Kodi to get rid of the long startup sync. Maybe you also can use it.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage

Please install the media import repository and install / update the media importer add-ons from there. This way you should get all necessary dependencies.

Changelog
  • Fixed an issue with always reimporting seasons and episodes due to artwork mismatch
(2020-01-14, 18:29)sualfred Wrote: I had time for a quick shot again.
Resume points aren't set correctly if playback has been started from a widget. Items get marked "watched".
This is a known issue related to how Kodi doesn't properly load all the information for items in a widget.
Playback reporting to the server is sometimes not working. It is shown for a millesecond and than it's gone. If this happens the item is storing the progress correctly (issue #1). The log has some "RuntimeError: XBMC is not playing any file" issues. Looks like a race condition. I've noticed you are using "onPlayBackStarted()". I guess switching to to "onAVStarted()" should help. Log -> https://paste.kodi.tv/ituwiqikar.kodi
Thanks I'll take a look. Haven't seen the issue myself yet. I use onPlayBackStarted() to get the file and then onAVStarted() to retrieve the rest of the details. That's also how Emby for Kodi does it. I recently added locking because there might be threading issues but that hasn't made it into the repository yet.
Extra artworks are wrong or not stored. For movies only "Logo" will be recognized but it has to be stored as "clearlogo". Same happens for TV shows but there is also a empty "banner" value. Take a look on EmbyCon for reference: https://github.com/faush01/plugin.video....#L235-L289
TBH I haven't spent much thought on this. Thanks for the link to EmbyCon's implementation. I've created an issue for this at https://github.com/Montellese/mediaimpor...y/issues/8.
Kodi startup up sync is taking quite long (up to 2 minutes). Emby has server side plugin that is collecting changes for Kodi. It was made for Emby for Kodi to get rid of the long startup sync. Maybe you also can use it.
@LongMan has already created an issue for this at https://github.com/Montellese/mediaimpor...y/issues/2 and I'm going to take a look at how Emby for Kodi does it.
@Montellese 
Quote:This is a known issue related to how Kodi doesn't properly load all the information for items in a widget.

What kind of informations are missing? I don't see any difference from the listitem values. All I can say is that PlayMedia() and playback from widgets or any place outside of the MyVideoNav.xml control is handling the playback wrong. With wrong I mean it is adding the item to the music playlist with id 0 except to the video playlist with id 1. We were fighting widget playback for months until we realised it by mistake. After that we just had to listen on which playlist it was added and suddently all major issues were solved.

No idea if this is also the case for your implementation. But it was worth to mention it Smile
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2020-01-14, 22:25)sualfred Wrote: @Montellese 
Quote:This is a known issue related to how Kodi doesn't properly load all the information for items in a widget.

What kind of informations are missing? I don't see any difference from the listitem values. All I can say is that PlayMedia() and playback from widgets or any place outside of the MyVideoNav.xml control is handling the playback wrong. With wrong I mean it is adding the item to the music playlist with id 0 except to the video playlist with id 1. We were fighting widget playback for months until we realised it by mistake. After that we just had to listen on which playlist it was added and suddently all major issues were solved.

No idea if this is also the case for your implementation. But it was worth to mention it Smile 
I don't know which properties are missing but relevante for reporting the progress / watched state is the information from which media provider and import an item has been imported. And right now this information is missing when an item is being played from a widget. Therefore Kodi doesn't even know that it should try to report the progress / watched state to a media provider.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10