• 57(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
(2019-10-19, 13:46)Jorpoli Wrote:  

You can do what you want with PseudoTV (even the original non-Live version) by creating a channel and telling it to play episodes in order, then setting your time to "Random" instead of "Real Time." It'll create a list of all episodes in order, and then start playing from a random point in that list.
[/quote]

But Pseudo Tv doesn't work now.
[/quote]

Both PseudoTV and PseudoTV Live have working versions. You don't even need to access the advanced rules menu (which doesn't seem to be working in PTVL with current Kodi versions) to do what they wanted to. As far as I can tell, everything about the classics PseudoTV add-on works with modern Kodi, and so again what I described is perfectly doable.
Hi,

I am about to jump out the window because i just spent over an hour selecting the TV Shows i want included in the list and somehow it didn't save 😢. 

Anyway, before i go through that again, i'd like to know if you could tweak a couple of things:
​​​​​​
  • Add a generated list option to sort by Air Date
  • When manually adding shows to the selections, could you please sort the list by Show Name?

I have 2045 TV Shows and they are obviously on several different sources. Right now, the dialog that comes up when you choose Click here to select TV Shows is not sorted so it is in the order the show was added to the database. With such a large library, it is extremely tedious to try and find a show i want to add or remove because it is not sorted alphabetically.

When i say not sorted, i mean it is sorted by Source and not by Show name. So instead of it being like this:

Shows Starting with A
Shows Starting with B
Shows Starting with C
Shows Starting with D

It is:

Sources Starting with A\Shows Starting with A
Sources Starting with A\Shows Starting with B
Sources Starting with A\Shows Starting with C
Sources Starting with A\Shows Starting with D
Sources Starting with B\Shows Starting with A
Sources Starting with B\Shows Starting with B
Sources Starting with B\Shows Starting with C
Sources Starting with B\Shows Starting with D
Sources Starting with C\Shows Starting with A
Sources Starting with C\Shows Starting with B
Sources Starting with C\Shows Starting with C
Sources Starting with C\Shows Starting with D

Hopefully that is something you can do in your SELECT statement...

Much appreciated!
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
@Karnagious JFY lazy tv is throwing errors under Kodi Matrix since it is not python3 compatible.
(2019-12-24, 23:16)Pr.Sinister Wrote: Hi,

I am about to jump out the window because i just spent over an hour selecting the TV Shows i want included in the list and somehow it didn't save 😢. 

Can't say why it didn't save, but maybe create a kodi smart playlist instead. The playlist can be saved part way through your selection and easily added to later on if needed. As a core functionality of kodi it is also going to be more robust than an addons selection process. Not usually an issue, but ~2,000 shows is a special case.
(2019-12-26, 01:13)enen92 Wrote: @Karnagious JFY lazy tv is throwing errors under Kodi Matrix since it is not python3 compatible.

I don't have a system that runs the new Kodi, so haven't been able to convert it yet.
(2019-12-27, 00:30)Karnagious Wrote:
(2019-12-26, 01:13)enen92 Wrote: @Karnagious JFY lazy tv is throwing errors under Kodi Matrix since it is not python3 compatible.

I don't have a system that runs the new Kodi, so haven't been able to convert it yet. 
@Karnagious are you still developing this?
(2019-12-28, 17:25)Rouzax Wrote:
(2019-12-27, 00:30)Karnagious Wrote:

@Rouzax Every now and then I start a complete rewrite of the thing, but never get to a point where it can be released. By the time I get back to it I have forgotten where I was going with the structure.

@enen92 I have updated the code to work in Python3 and have it sitting in a PR with Team Kodi.
(2020-01-01, 06:39)Karnagious Wrote:
(2019-12-28, 17:25)Rouzax Wrote:
(2019-12-27, 00:30)Karnagious Wrote: I don't have a system that runs the new Kodi, so haven't been able to convert it yet.  
@Rouzax Every now and then I start a complete rewrite of the thing, but never get to a point where it can be released. By the time I get back to it I have forgotten where I was going with the structure.

@enen92 I have updated the code to work in Python3 and have it sitting in a PR with Team Kodi. 
I seriously hope you find the time and pleasure to maintain this, it is one of my all time favorite plugins.
Is there a way for me to make a donation somewhere?
(2020-01-02, 20:06)Rouzax Wrote: I seriously hope you find the time and pleasure to maintain this, it is one of my all time favorite plugins.
Is there a way for me to make a donation somewhere? 
Thanks for the kind words, they mean a lot.

LazyTV has been updated for Python3 in Kodi Matrix, and should be ready for download now. 

I've always said if there are donations going around they should go towards Kodi to support the project we all benefit from. Even more so now, given how much awesome work @enen92 did reviewing the code in the pull request to update LazyTV. Seriously, the level of detailed attention that required was quite impressive, especially as it is applied to all addons!
Thanks for the kind works @Karnagious . We try to do our best and invest a great amount of our free time trying to improve and keep everything running. Sometimes we are short on people and time, reviews take a bit more to go in but... I guess that's life. It's a pity not everyone submits their addons to the official repo.
@Karnagious, what does the setting "begin with the latest in progress episode" actually do?

Edit:
The other thing I just thought about. Would it be possible to add an option to start the next episode of shows that I already have started watching.

We for instance will wait quite some time before starting a second season of a show and with the current settings those will still be counted as in progress.
I would very much like the option to only start episodes where the next episode is episode 2 or higher.
That way S02E01 would not be included.
(2020-01-05, 18:53)Rouzax Wrote: @Karnagious, what does the setting "begin with the latest in progress episode" actually do?

Edit:
The other thing I just thought about. Would it be possible to add an option to start the next episode of shows that I already have started watching.

We for instance will wait quite some time before starting a second season of a show and with the current settings those will still be counted as in progress.
I would very much like the option to only start episodes where the next episode is episode 2 or higher.
I believe that setting is used with the random playlist functionality of LazyTV, and it will mean that if one of your episodes is partially watched (and it is the next unwatched episode in the TV Show) then the playlist will play it first. That way if you exit an episode (while using the random playlist) it will return to it the next time you run a random playlist.

I am not sure I understand the feature you are requesting. Is it to exclude all TV Shows where the next episode to be played is E01?
(2020-01-06, 11:31)Karnagious Wrote:
(2020-01-05, 18:53)Rouzax Wrote: @Karnagious, what does the setting "begin with the latest in progress episode" actually do?

Edit:

I believe that setting is used with the random playlist functionality of LazyTV, and it will mean that if one of your episodes is partially watched (and it is the next unwatched episode in the TV Show) then the playlist will play it first. That way if you exit an episode (while using the random playlist) it will return to it the next time you run a random playlist.

I am not sure I understand the feature you are requesting. Is it to exclude all TV Shows where the next episode to be played is E01?   
The resume should be "Begin partially watched episodes from their resume point" I was curious about "begin with the latest in progress episode"

Yes that is indeed what I mean.

Let me try to clarify why a bit.
We watch about 80 shows but are only at a given time a actively watching about 8 shows and then when we reach the end of a season of 1 of those 8 shows we will start a new show or a new season for a show. We only use LazyTV to "create and launch randomised Playlist"

So typically we want to start a Next available Episode of shows that we are currently watching (so indeed where the Next Episode is E02 or higher regardless of the Season number). Then when we want to add a new show or season in the mix we would start LazyTV including all shows to create a random playlist of next episodes.

Does it make any sense what I'm trying to explain, in my head it does Big Grin
(2018-06-02, 14:53)BrianFantana Wrote: How do I get Lazy TV to generate and maintain a playlist that looks the same as the addon uses? 
When I run the add-on, I see one poster per show (10 shows max), and when clicked, it plays the next episode, perfect!
When I choose the Lazy TV playlist, it shows the next episode from every TV show, but it doesn't sort or limit in the same way as the addon.

If I create a new smart playlist, type TV Shows, with criteria (where playlist is LazyTV) , the output looks like the addon BUT when I click the show, it doesn't play the next episode, it goes to the full episode view.
If I create a new smart playlist, type Episodes, with criteria (where playlist is LazyTV) , the output doesn't look like the addon.

Help
Has anyone found a solution to that issue? Or has Kodi 18 completely broken LazyTV?
(2020-01-14, 11:25)MartinMysterion Wrote:
(2018-06-02, 14:53)BrianFantana Wrote: How do I get Lazy TV to generate and maintain a playlist that looks the same as the addon uses? 
When I run the add-on, I see one poster per show (10 shows max), and when clicked, it plays the next episode, perfect!
When I choose the Lazy TV playlist, it shows the next episode from every TV show, but it doesn't sort or limit in the same way as the addon.

If I create a new smart playlist, type TV Shows, with criteria (where playlist is LazyTV) , the output looks like the addon BUT when I click the show, it doesn't play the next episode, it goes to the full episode view.
If I create a new smart playlist, type Episodes, with criteria (where playlist is LazyTV) , the output doesn't look like the addon.

Help
Has anyone found a solution to that issue? Or has Kodi 18 completely broken LazyTV? 

See solution here: https://github.com/KODeKarnage/script.la...-575056256

The playlist type needs to be set to 'Episodes'.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4