• 60(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
(2020-01-14, 19:53)Arber Wrote: @xybydy do you think there is any chance to get an option to hide the .strm import notification?
Notification is important since it is the only way to have the progress of export. Mine takes around more than 2 hours from start to the end so I need to know if it's finished.
Anyone else having trouble authenticating right now?
(2020-01-14, 22:53)xybydy Wrote:
(2020-01-14, 19:53)Arber Wrote: @xybydy do you think there is any chance to get an option to hide the .strm import notification?
Notification is important since it is the only way to have the progress of export. Mine takes around more than 2 hours from start to the end so I need to know if it's finished.
I understand, but I still think the option to hide it (with default set to not hide) would be nice. Thanks for getting back to me.
(2020-01-14, 22:49)xybydy Wrote:
(2020-01-13, 11:48)niltoncrf Wrote:  
Are you sure on your first remark? Because I have solved the unimported movie issue with "nfo" file which does not have "mkv" prefixes. On my library each movie has seperate folder and nfo files has same name as movie such as "The Aviator 1080p.mkv.strm with The Aviator 1080p.nfo"

To the second point: will check that 

I will explain further. The import of the nodes is ok ... a little slow, but ok. I'm from Brazil, so..sometimes titles can sometimes go wrong eventually. When kodi imports .strm and .nfo, for people who use everything in English, they will notice the error. Kodi, not reading the .nfo being imported, because the ".mkv" particle present in .strm and missing in .nfo makes the error happen, kodi will not read the local source (.nfo) will download new information. This is my perception, but I can be wrong.
(2019-12-15, 16:44)xybydy Wrote:
(2019-12-05, 22:17)z3us Wrote: hi.
The nfo files have to be with  the strm or with the mkv? If the former, can drive addon export them with the strm? Or any easy way to download my nfo files from cloud to my tv box? (folder structure is the same)
Thx

I have my fork which has nfo export abilty but you should use both plugin.gdrive and clouddrive

https://github.com/xybydy/plugin.googledrive
https://github.com/xybydy/script.module....ive.common 

Hi @xybydy 

I am really interested in your fork, since I have more than 6000 movies with their correspondent nfo and I would like to provide those nfo files to kodi to have a perfect match of the movies, so would be great to export with the strm files also the nfo file.

I have seen than you have provide two links, one for googledrive plugin and another one with one script.

My question is if the google drive plugin is the oficial one and we just have to install the script, or that google drive plugin has been modified and we need to install the one you provide in your link.

Thanks in advanced.
To everyone, 

I know that this has been treated in the past, but since it was some time ago, I wanted to ask you about both possibilities of google drive add-on

I recently discover how to use google drive as a source into my tv box with Android 9, following this tutorial...

* URL removed by moderator *

However, a friend has told me that using google drive as a source in Kodi will generate a ban, while using just strm files don't since it is similar than doing a "dirs/ls"

So, I now have a dile, since I can:
1.  Use strm files without nfo files (at least if not using the plugin of the past message
2.  Use google drive as a source, with the risk of get banned.

Option 2 should be better since I have all my nfo perfectly setup in every single video file, but I don't want to get a ban, mostly because content it is in a teamdrive shared with another 15/20 people, and we all are looking the best way to put that content into Kodi.

Anyone can really confirm if google as a source can generate any problem?  Not just about get banned, but also stability, errors, etc, etc...

My friend is using strm files with a huge library, and he deletes and regenerate strm files every night at 3am, and it seems to work pretty good for him.

@cguZZMan any possibilities that you add to your plugin the possibility to export nfo as well?

Thanks in advanced.
@jhoyos - your link above has been removed as it points to a site which violates our piracy policy (wiki). Such links are therefore not allowed here.

If I'm understanding your post correctly, you are proposing to share media between multiple people which would also be a violation of the policy and not supported here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@jhoyos

TvAddons have been a source of video piracy "solutions" for years.
So we are not going to give them a platform here on our forum for whichever reason.

Familiarize yourself (again) with our forum rules (wiki) if necessary.
(2020-01-16, 11:40)jhoyos Wrote:
(2019-12-15, 16:44)xybydy Wrote:
(2019-12-05, 22:17)z3us Wrote: hi.
The nfo files have to be with  the strm or with the mkv? If the former, can drive addon export them with the strm? Or any easy way to download my nfo files from cloud to my tv box? (folder structure is the same)
Thx

I have my fork which has nfo export abilty but you should use both plugin.gdrive and clouddrive

https://github.com/xybydy/plugin.googledrive
https://github.com/xybydy/script.module....ive.common   

Hi @xybydy 

I am really interested in your fork, since I have more than 6000 movies with their correspondent nfo and I would like to provide those nfo files to kodi to have a perfect match of the movies, so would be great to export with the strm files also the nfo file.

I have seen than you have provide two links, one for googledrive plugin and another one with one script.

My question is if the google drive plugin is the oficial one and we just have to install the script, or that google drive plugin has been modified and we need to install the one you provide in your link.

Thanks in advanced.  
That's the exact reason I forked this addon. I need my nfo files as well. Unfortunately both addons depented to each other and I worked on both. So yes, you need to have both.
(2020-01-15, 23:46)jscrf Wrote:
(2020-01-14, 22:49)xybydy Wrote:
(2020-01-13, 11:48)niltoncrf Wrote:  
Are you sure on your first remark? Because I have solved the unimported movie issue with "nfo" file which does not have "mkv" prefixes. On my library each movie has seperate folder and nfo files has same name as movie such as "The Aviator 1080p.mkv.strm with The Aviator 1080p.nfo"

To the second point: will check that  

I will explain further. The import of the nodes is ok ... a little slow, but ok. I'm from Brazil, so..sometimes titles can sometimes go wrong eventually. When kodi imports .strm and .nfo, for people who use everything in English, they will notice the error. Kodi, not reading the .nfo being imported, because the ".mkv" particle present in .strm and missing in .nfo makes the error happen, kodi will not read the local source (.nfo) will download new information. This is my perception, but I can be wrong. 
Well if I understood that correctly, the addon is very ok with downloading and reading related nfo files and Kodi does not read - at least mine- any data from the internet as well as I have related nfo file.
I cant reliability export my strms

it keeps on stopping then restarting my library is pretty big at 500 tbs

and occasionally giving me error that I need to reauthenticate 

Using this as a file source seems to make it crash when kodi is doing a library scan
(2020-01-16, 12:27)DarrenHill Wrote: @jhoyos - your link above has been removed as it points to a site which violates our piracy policy (wiki). Such links are therefore not allowed here.

If I'm understanding your post correctly, you are proposing to share media between multiple people which would also be a violation of the policy and not supported here.

Hi DarrenHill, 
I am sorry for that link.  It seemed to me to be a tutorial just to add your google drive account as a source, not anything related to piracy.  Anyway, I will take more care if I need to provide any link.

On the other hand, I didn't propose to share any media with anyone.  I have my own teamdrive that I share with family and closest friends.  If it seemed I wanted to share content with anyone, my apologies since that was not the case.

Regards,
(2020-01-16, 12:27)Klojum Wrote: @jhoyos

TvAddons have been a source of video piracy "solutions" for years.
So we are not going to give them a platform here on our forum for whichever reason.

Familiarize yourself (again) with our forum rules (wiki) if necessary.

Thanks Klojun, 
And again, really sorry if I wrote something inappropriate.  I didn't wrote about any tvaddon but just google drive addon.  I think nothing different from all this topic.

Sorry again, but I don't understand this warning.

Regards,
(2020-01-17, 18:01)jhoyos Wrote: Sorry again, but I don't understand this warning.

That's still a bit odd, as two Kodi members have tried to explain to you why we did what we did.

You had linked to a website that for many years has actively compromised the reputation of Team Kodi and its application. I would even say that "they" are the main reason that Kodi is instantly linked to video piracy. It's a stigma we will probably never get rid of.

So, plain and simple: anything even remotely linked to that website (be it add-ons, tutoerials, recipes, whatever) will be blacklisted. It's not something personal towards you, but as already stated earlier, we are not going to give "them" an additional platform in any way.

I hope this clarifies things more.
(2020-01-17, 18:39)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-01-17, 18:01)jhoyos Wrote: Sorry again, but I don't understand this warning.

That's still a bit odd, as two Kodi members have tried to explain to you why we did what we did.

You had linked to a website that for many years has actively compromised the reputation of Team Kodi and its application. I would even say that "they" are the main reason that Kodi is instantly linked to video piracy. It's a stigma we will probably never get rid of.

So, plain and simple: anything even remotely linked to that website (be it add-ons, tutoerials, recipes, whatever) will be blacklisted. It's not something personal towards you, but as already stated earlier, we are not going to give "them" an additional platform in any way.

I hope this clarifies things more. 
Sure it does!  Thanks a lot!  I thought it was something about my message in itself and not the link pointing to that website.

Again, thanks for all clarification, and truly sorry about what happened.

Have a good weekend.

Regards,
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7