Scraping issue with The TVDB 3.2.3 addon
I'm having scraping issues with one particular TV show, which won't scrape using The TVDB 3.2.3 addon. Other stuff works, but this one individual directory won't scrape, and I think this may have something to do with the fact the show has a dash in its name in the database. This is the directory structure I have:

Code:
% ls -lR Videos/doku/The_Life-Sized_City
Videos/doku/The_Life-Sized_City:
total 4
drwxrwsr-x 2 users users 4096 Jan 16 07:47 Season_1

Videos/doku/The_Life-Sized_City/Season_1:
total 9217552
-rw-rw-r-- 1 users users 1573857042 Dec  5 23:46 The_Life-Sized_City-S01E01-Medellin.mp4
-rw-rw-r-- 1 users users 1572315383 Dec  5 23:51 The_Life-Sized_City-S01E02-Paris.mp4
-rw-rw-r-- 1 users users 1570917994 Dec  9 20:47 The_Life-Sized_City-S01E03-Toronto.mp4
-rw-rw-r-- 1 users users 1574506484 Dec 16 08:05 The_Life-Sized_City-S01E04-Bangkok.mp4
-rw-rw-r-- 1 users users 1575589501 Dec 23 10:38 The_Life-Sized_City-S01E05-Tel_Aviv.mp4
-rw-rw-r-- 1 users users 1571507589 Dec 23 10:43 The_Life-Sized_City-S01E06-Tokyo.mp4

When I try to scrape this it remains unrecognized. When I talked about this in the theTVDB forums, the opinion was this should work when run against the API, so the suspicion is there's something wrong with the scraper itself, perhaps in how it presents data to the TheTVDB API.

A debug log of a scraping attempt can be found on Pastebin (399k) — it seems it's finding something, but somehow failing? I should note that I am using a MariaDB server on the same host pooh=192.168.0.7 where the files reside since I have several Kodi devices on my network. What are your suggestions?
Looking at the log, it looks like the show was scraped into the library, so I don't see any problems.

The scrape starts at Line 2124 and ends at 2563.

Maybe you can clarify what the problem is.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-01-16, 09:16)Karellen Wrote: Looking at the log, it looks like the show was scraped into the library, so I don't see any problems.

The scrape starts at Line 2124 and ends at 2563.

Maybe you can clarify what the problem is.
In spite of this, the end result is that the show does not appear as a known thing in Kodi. When I look at the "raw" directory with Kodi, it seems the show itself is known to Kodi (eg. there's a background picture for the directory) but none of the episodes seem to be recognized. I'm a bit mystified here.
Just to confirm a basic point - you are looking for it under "L" rather than under "T" in the library?

By default the library ignores articles like "The" when sorting (it's a toggle under settings > appearance > file lists iirc, turned on by default).

In files mode (the raw directory view you're talking about above) it will be under "T" as that just uses the file/folder names.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-16, 13:45)DarrenHill Wrote: Just to confirm a basic point - you are looking for it under "L" rather than under "T" in the library?
By default the library ignores articles like "The" when sorting (it's a toggle under settings > appearance > file lists iirc, turned on by default).
In files mode (the raw directory view you're talking about above) it will be under "T" as that just uses the file/folder names.
Indeed, I've been bitten by that a couple of times, but am now aware of that.

No, the episodes don't turn up at all. Neither in the alphabetical nor the "recently added" list.
Just tested myself and it doesn't get found for me either. Even manually searching for 'city' it doesn't show up in the results.
(2020-01-16, 15:16)Hitcher Wrote: Just tested myself and it doesn't get found for me either. Even manually searching for 'city' it doesn't show up in the results.
Experimenting around, it also seems that once you have the series data in your system, it never goes away: even if you remove the directory and do a database cleanup the series data will still be in the database, as evidenced by the series info immediately being shown (without any scanning needed) for the directory if you restore it. What is going on here, is this how Kodi normally works?
(2020-01-16, 13:58)ExTechOp Wrote: No, the episodes don't turn up at all. Neither in the alphabetical nor the "recently added" list.

Interestingly enough, I was today unable to scrape the first episode of Star Trek: Picard with pretty much the same symptoms: the directory/file names Star.Trek.Picard were simply not recognized as being this series. There is a thread about this on the TheTVDB forums.
Have you got the latest version because Picard scraped fine for me today and that was after the addon updated?
(2020-01-23, 21:20)Hitcher Wrote: Have you got the latest version because Picard scraped fine for me today and that was after the addon updated?
Updating to TheTVDB 3.2.4 scraper (on OSMC running Kodi 18.5) fixed the problem with finding "Star Trek: Picard", but my original issue with "The Life-Sized City" (see the start of this chain) unfortunately still seems to persist. I'll try to get a debug log once I have a bit of time.
(2020-01-24, 08:24)ExTechOp Wrote: but my original issue with "The Life-Sized City" (see the start of this chain) unfortunately still seems to persist.
Just tested it and the show now scrapes with TVDB v3.2.4

Can you enable setting 3.6 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...y_TV_shows
Then go back into your library and look for the show. If you find it, delete it and run a Clean Library.
Try scraping the show again with the updated scraper.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-01-24, 09:15)Karellen Wrote: Can you enable setting 3.6 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...y_TV_shows
Then go back into your library and look for the show. If you find it, delete it and run a Clean Library.
Try scraping the show again with the updated scraper.
That resolved the issue, thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping issue with The TVDB 3.2.3 addon0