WebGUI only Kodi
I am running Kodi on 2 Fire TV Sticks with a shared MySQL Database.

Now I want to have remote access to my up-to-date movie/tv-show library only (playing the video-files is not needed).

My idea is to setup my RaspberryPi with Kodi, but only use Kodi’s Webserver. Is it possible to run Kodi in kind of daemon mode?
(2020-01-16, 18:59)witty Wrote: I want to have remote access to my up-to-date movie/tv-show library only
There are apps in Android and iOS to also access video and music libraries.
I don't what the extend of the access is that you are referring to.
(2020-01-16, 19:05)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 18:59)witty Wrote: I want to have remote access to my up-to-date movie/tv-show library only
There are apps in Android and iOS to also access video and music libraries.
I don't what the extend of the access is that you are referring to. 
I want to be able to scroll through *my personal library*, when I am not at home on my mobile.
Another option might be an app, which
* takes an export of the full kodi-db as input
* takes the KODI-stored TMDB-IDs as input
... but I am not aware of such an app
Kodi has an internal Library Export function, which creates one or several nfo files with metadata, and also does fanart files.
Those nfo files will be used when (re) importing your media collection.

Proper backups of the MySQL database are best done via MySQL client tools (Workbench, PHPMyAdmin, etc), or via the local mysqldump command.
(2020-01-16, 23:00)Klojum Wrote: Kodi has an internal Library Export function, which creates one or several nfo files with metadata, and also does fanart files.
Those nfo files will be used when (re) importing your media collection.

Proper backups of the MySQL database are best done via MySQL client tools (Workbench, PHPMyAdmin, etc), or via the local mysqldump command.

I‘m aware how to export technically, but which GUI can be used to interpret these data?

This is the reason, why I thought about KODI‘s Web-GUI!
Kodi has an export option, for Kodi backup and import purposes only. I'm just not quite sure what the interpretation is for.
The WebGUI can display all movies, tvshows, etcetera directly from the video database.

If you want export listings of all movies in, say, an HTML file, Kodi does not have built-in options for those.
One way would be to export your database directly to .csv files using your preferred SQLite or MySQL client tool, and use a spreadsheet for further customization or interpretation.
... thanks for your comments - perfectly understood, I had the same thoughts.
Still I believe, that the web-gui will be closest to my requirement -> so any chance to start kodi in kind of deamon Mode?
rephrasing the question:
I installed kodi on my headless rpi
-> can I now run kodi on the rpi, with the only purpose to have access to the kodi-webgui?
Every Kodi client has a webserver for a webgui. You'll have to activate it via Settings / Services / Control / Allow remote control via HTTP. There are currently 3-4 web interfaces available.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WebGUI only Kodi0